Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

Updated 8/17/2018
WHAT WE KNOW
  1. Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  2. Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  3. She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  4. The dogs were in the basement
  5. DJ said the door was probably unlocked
  6. She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  7. She went for a run about 7:30
  8. She usually runs for 45 minutes
  9. LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  10. A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  11. Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s & D&M
  12. Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  13. She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  14. Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  15. Mollie was a creature of habit
  16. DJ sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  17. JT sent her at text approx. 7:30 am asking if she needed the car – no response
  18. There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  19. Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
  20. Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  21. No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/mollie-cecelia-tibbetts/@@download.pdf

Tricia,
Thanks for the warning. That being said, I have to get offline awhile. How can we overlook who he is or that he is here illegally? I mean, as a human being, as a member of these United States, the sheer horror of what she must have gone through should make our blood boil. This could be my daughter, my sister, my granddaughter, my friend. Time folks stood up for what is right. There are killers all over this country. How many came from countries that do not value human life, we may never know.

Thanks for the WS site. You do great work and we do appreciate you.

If I allowed a political discussion about illegal immigration Websleuths would melt down in minutes. Seriously. The forum would go under from the massive amount of hatred that would spew from both sides and attract others who love to fight about politics.

The fact of the matter is this man is charged with 1st-degree murder not with being an illegal immigrant. If you want to discuss the illegal immigration problem feel free, on another forum. Not here.
Today and for the rest of this discussion, we will focus on Mollie and the facts of the case.

Illegal or not he killed Mollie.

The thread is about Mollie. Mollie. The thread is not about politics, not about gender differences, not about masculinity, not about sexism, and not about illegal immigration. The thread is about Mollie and what Cristhian Bahena Rivera did to end her life.

It is about this beautiful girl:
ddd2b1e0-6404-4146-b72e-b1b53ff955d5-mollietibbetts.desmoines.jpeg

link to graphic

I can't believe what I read on the last thread. I am still shaking my head. How did the focus get away from this precious girl to extraneous topics and antagonism between posters? The world is mourning Mollie and people are arguing on Websleuths. Unbelievable...

The thread is about Mollie. Mollie. {respectfully snipped by me}
How did the focus get away from this precious girl to extraneous topics and antagonism between posters? The world is mourning Mollie and people are arguing on Websleuths. Unbelievable...
I think it's grief, frustration and anger and it's been misdirected. The only thing that deserves this antagonism, anger and frustration is Christhian Rivera. Direct it at him, he's earned it, fully. Let's hope LE has an ironclad case, is able to retrieve his dna from Mollie and they are able to put this monster away forever. And if he's committed other similar crimes and not been caught, that today is his day of reckoning for those as well.

For me, the most disturbing aspect of this case, is that Mollie was just doing what she had done many times before. She simply jogged the same streets she normally did, and instead of getting some exercise, she got brutally murdered.

This crime was brazen, reckless, and evil, and even in retrospect, there’s not much that Mollie could have done to avoid this fate. She tried to run away, but was no match for a stronger man with violence on his mind.

The only silver lining here, is that this monster will never prey on the innocent ever again. What a sickning loss, for her friends, family, and everyone else who would have encountered her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708