Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the benefit of hindsight, it now seems clear that:

A. Regardless of how many red shirts there were, this was not a factor.
B. As some of us (perhaps many of us) speculated Mollie never made it home on the 18th and there was no "working on her computer."
C. In one I had wrong giving him 50% probability -- WC had nothing to do with Mollie's abduction and murder.
D. All the talk of meeting up (or left voluntarily) with a friend or acquaintance or someone who one-sidely tracked her on social media was incorrect.

What a sad, sad day.

R.I.P. dear sweet Mollie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe that he "blacked out" as in has no memory of what happened. But other serial sexual predators have testified to LE and journalists about how they get uncontrollable urges that "cause" them to act out. I say cause in scare quotes because I fully think they are responsible for their actions and choose to act this way. But they will have periods where they don't act out, and then some stressor or trigger causes them to attack again. That was the scariest part of the affidavit for me.

I will find some links. Joseph Duncan wrote about it in his jail blogs.

The narcissism in these kinds of people always expresses itself the same way. They all lie alike. In fact, the lie at its core is always the same.

Someone or something caused them to react or behave a certain way. Then there's a gaping hole between the convoluted beginning of the story and the breezy ending, and the middle section is just all so confusing. In fact, it's not even part of the story.

The beginning always sets the victim up to become responsible for things going wrong. What happened next is narrated in a way that a toddler would tell a story. ('And then Mollie was in the trunk') There's a giant leap to the outcome, which just sort of happened but has no details. In this case, Mollie is dead but it's almost like she either ran ahead of him and made that happen on her own, or it's simply a mystery and only God knows. And there were also cornstalks.

It's going to be quite interesting to see what the evidence from his car, her body, her possessions, etc. reveal. I will not be surprised to hear that there is only a single thread of truth to the story he told because there's always a piece of truth in Narcissistic story-telling. And the rest is a lie.

So when he says he drove, and circled, then he got out, then he ran, then he walked, then he talked, then she grabbed her phone, then she said yada yada, then blackout, then he had an awakening at an intersection and a broken ear piece in his lap told him she was in the trunk - I think maybe he really means this: He swiftly and aggressively abducted her by ambush, he did the phone grabbing, and she was under his control in a matter of seconds, incapacitated in some way to make her transportable, and taken to a location where she was violently assaulted and then murdered. And it was after a lot of other moving parts that there was a body drag and dumping.

I do not believe his story of how he encountered her and made contact.

It seems that he was only identified yesterday, so if there was any surveillance, it was to facilitate getting him to come for an interview.
If they were this close to something why why why did they "encourage" dad to go all the way back to CA? Im so sad for him that the day after he leaves this happens. I just dont understand. I didnt see that he was back yet was he?

Exactly what I was thinking! Let's see, he was driving along and all of a sudden came to and thought to himself, "something makes me think I have a body in the trunk. I have an earbud in my hand, so it must be! Better check!" This guy is even dumber than I thought.
yeah every time an earbud cover pops of I immediately snap out of a daze and think about a dead body in the trunk of my car...everybody does that right?
lame

If they were this close to something why why why did they "encourage" dad to go all the way back to CA? Im so sad for him that the day after he leaves this happens. I just dont understand. I didnt see that he was back yet was he?
I think it was a complete coincidence. He talked about going back a few days ago, and the break only came yesterday. Just bad timing, nothing more. I’m not sure if he’s back yet.

Then the next question should be, where are the other bodies? If this is a usual experience for him, then where are the other people he's killed?
Do they actually believe there are other victims, though?

I thought the MT teacher one was killed by a guy who was driving by and on a whim decided he wanted to kill somebody. So he randomly saw her and decided she was the one.
Nope he was driving while on meth decided he needed to find a girl to have sex.

Saw her running down road she was older skinny with sunken in features and he testified that he thought she was crack prostitute andthat shegot killed in struggle to get away by the mentally retarded other guy

Never posted here, just lurk and read. Here's the statement from Yarrabee Farms where Rivera was employed.

Yarrabee Farms: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts murder was employee in good standing

Heartbreaking (from article):
"Rahn said he met with the parents and other relatives of Tibbetts to inform them of the arrest Tuesday. He told them that the investigation revealed that they had 'raised a great daughter.'

'We got to know Mollie," he said. "She was a phenomenal individual.'"

In a statement Tuesday night, Dane Lang, of Yarrabee Farms, said Rivera was an “employee in good standing” and was “shocked to hear” Rivera was implicated.

<modsnipped copyright>

In the statement, Lang said Rivera worked for Yarrabee Farms for four years and passed the government’s vetting process. Investigators visited the farm Monday to speak with employees.

Investigators said Rivera was in the country without proper legal documentation.

Cristhian Rivera, charged in Mollie Tibbetts' death, worked at a farm owned by a prominent Republican Iowa family

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Verify OVERVIEW
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Though participation in E-Verify is required of some employers, most employers participate voluntarily.

An employer that participates in E-Verify must post the Notice of E-Verify Participation poster provided by DHS and the Right to Work poster issued by Department of Justice, Immigrant and Employee Rights Section, shown below in English and Spanish, at the company’s hiring location. If the posters cannot be displayed at the hiring location, they should be provided to you with your job application materials.

Once you accept an offer of employment and complete Form I-9, the employer takes the information from your Form I-9 and enters it into E-Verify. E-Verify compares your information against records available to DHS and provides the employer with a case result within 3 to 5 seconds.

Primarily a voluntary system, as of November 30, 2012, a total of 20 states require the use of E-Verify for at least some public
and/or private Employers: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia,Idaho, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina,Oklahoma, Pennsylvania,
South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, ...
E-Verify Overview

It's not a perfect system and nearly impossible for Employer to detect fraudulent use of somebody else legitimate credentials to gain employment -- especially as migrant worker.

At the press conference today, the IDCI spokesman stated that they only started interviewing this creep yesterday. Dad went home several days ago.

Also, does anyone know where the video came from? The carwash? A resident?

Just wandering who deserves the key to the city and a VIP trip to the state fair.

The affidavit says a resident's surveillance camera. The camera captured the car going back and forth multiple times while Mollie was running by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4