Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrkyle

mrkyle Active Member

Jazzy5980 and human like this.

2. scoodyboo

scoodyboo Well-Known Member

What's he been doing this past month? Going to work, carrying on as if he didn't commit this heinous act? (Apologize if already covered.) That's Ted Bundy diabolical.

IHAVENOCLUE, DocBrew, d4j and 13 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

From what we know thus far, it appears that he overpowered her physically, and not with a gun (as I suggested previously). I think the cause of death is going to be blunt force trauma or strangulation. We’ll see what the autopsy says.

4. PaulR

PaulR Verified Software and Computer Tech

Do we regularly investigate the employers of the perp? If not, why are we doing it here?

kotis, IowaMom4, Confusion and 9 others like this.
  5. pamelado2

pamelado2 Well-Known Member

I don't even believe that. Sounds like something he found after he thought he'd cleaned up all the evidence and it freaked him out.

6. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I think one of the ONLY reasons they were able to get him was because they kept that info to themselves. We, as outsiders, could have done nothing to id this man. He wasn't even on our radar. If they HAD stated that they had video footage or even hinted that they had an idea of his vehicle, it would have spooked him and he'd have run. They kept this info between themselves and select members of the community who could actually help. Sure, we would have had more to talk about on the forums but at what cost?

When LE plays things close to the vest, it is generally for a reason. People were crying "cold case" when, in fact, it was heating up.

7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

That was my feeling too, especially since this crime appears to have been very sloppy, like a reckless, first timer. Not thought out very well except maybe a general idea of a secluded place, which he probably scoped out in days leading up to her murder. He would have easily found out she was alone just from looking on her facebook.

8. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

So easy for them to use someone else's information. Both one son and I had our SS #s used.

9. KLM6

KLM6 Well-Known Member

Adrenenalin...

Flowercb, kotis, angelainwi and 5 others like this.
  10. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I cringed reading in the affidavit where surveillance camera captured the car going slowly back and forth. I know hindsight is 20/20, but if any nosy nelly from the neighborhood called the suspicious vehicle into LE, an officer may have scared him away before he had the chance to attack. We don't like getting into each others' business but we have to. Without getting into any politics or off-topic chatter, I think it's unfair to ask women haughtily to just not get attacked. But we can ask our communities to be vigilant, know your neighbors, report things out of the ordinary to the police. It just breaks your heart.

sallye818, Flowercb, zecats and 18 others like this.
  11. Tess Elizabeth

Tess Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I know. And the people that he lived with...knew he wasn’t around that night. And you can’t ask someone to cover for you or that person gets suspicious. What did he tell people was his alibi??

12. gliving

gliving Woof

I wonder if the gf noticed scratches etc.

13. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

So he dragged her and then he carried her, and then....

He's lying to avoid the horrifying part of how he raped and killed her.

14. Tess Elizabeth

Tess Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I remember that!!

15. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

We need more high tech Social Security cards that can't be counterfeited- something like our paper currency- and employers need to check that before hiring. Of course, it could still be stolen- but someone couldn't make a phony duplicate- or just make up a number.

str8nightowl and Breathe like this.
  16. PaulR

PaulR Verified Software and Computer Tech

Easy for anyone to. I had my IRS tax return filed by someone else to claim all my income tax as a refund (which was substantial.) I believe that was done for defrauding the government.

17. KLM6

KLM6 Well-Known Member

I even wondered if he ran her down with his car after his angry self went back and got it.

libraryg, kotis, George Fayne and 7 others like this.
  18. tabitha111

tabitha111 Well-Known Member

I did read an interesting suggestion that in light of what happened, that perhaps Fitbit might want to consider developing a panic button of some sort, something that would send out your GPS coordinates in a situation.

TJGirl, Amonet, libraryg and 24 others like this.
  19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

If this is indeed a housing facility for the migrant workers, I would think someone would have sent in a tip. If someone here suggested it, there must have been others. I wonder if they had visited there and questioned them at some point.

IHAVENOCLUE and IQuestion like this.
  20. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

And sometimes, a neighbor or witness will see from a different vantage point what the victim can't see.

21. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

"And there were cornstalks." Cornstalks of their own volition uprooted themselves from their soil and leaned over to tenderly sheath her. Really, he'll say, I was being respectful. And that ear bud on his lap levitated up from the car floor, because his story is so believable about having just stood- stood- at the trunk, outside the car. And his stopping the car, getting out, running after her was all her doing. The car drove itself with her in the trunk to an intersection where he woke up, as if in a Budd Hopkins remake. Somehow got that booboo on her head, too. Curious. Slipped his mind to walk into the Poweshiek Sheriff's Dept. at any point with the whole world looking, but had time to "like" that Sheriff's Dept. post on Mollie Tibbetts going missing.

This is why god invented the death penalty. Subhumans like this.

TJGirl, MrsM, Flowercb and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.