Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so it's clear, I'm referring to the issue of the DSM being founded on a medical model of illness, referred to as "disorders", and given diagnostic codes through a medical lens. I don't view lack of empathy or lack of conscience as a medical condition or disorder. I view it as behavior in a social predator who hunts other humans for sport and self-gratification. There is absolutely nothing in his crime that would ever lead me to view him as anything but a predator who needs to be caged for the rest of his life. Nothing. I find it unfortunate that the state of Iowa can't take his life upon conviction.

The odds of an insanity defense working are close to 0%.

Even if someone is psychotic it is almost 0%. For instance a person could be delusion and think her husband is the mafia. That does not meet legal insanity defense, because she is still aware her husband (even if he is mafia) is a human being.

He didn’t waive the preliminary hearing. It’s on August 31. He slowed it down. Would have speeded it up to waive.
Okay....then I'm confused all the more. No worries, though, I'll figure it out. I usually do, eventually. :)

jmo

Rivera was on LE radar and interviewed within 2 days of the disappearance of Mollie. IMO, if a cadaver K9 had been run over his vehicle, their presence would have served a great purpose. All this extended grief could have been avoided.

I trust that those on the ground now lobby for better access to K9s in the state of Iowa. The $400,000 raised could go to practical use.
View attachment 143203
CR on radar since July 20? We need a link for that please.

How dare defense lawyer wear American flag tie! WTH! So, are we to believe he speaks no English? Did Mollie speak Spanish to him?

I found this when I looked him up. He apparently ran for Mayor of Tamis and lost.

Attorney files $1 billion lawsuit against Tama County officials

also found this (it has a terrific bio for him)

Tama attorney is applicant for Iowa Supreme Court Justice - TamaToledoNews.com | news, information, Iowa, Toledo Chronicle, Tama News-Herald

Reading backwards here. We know his attorney says he has no criminal record, guessing he is including both in the US and in Mexico etc.
But we don't know what else he may have done. No way do I believe that we do. Hoping that if he has harmed any other living person that he goes down for that too.
I am not political, I am not a racist. But seems to me he had to sucker-punch her viciously or else she could have held her own. Wish she had simply used her automatic "911" on her IPhone. :(
As far as the subject of evil as a real thing, of course I believe it is.
You don't have to be religious at all to see it for what it is.
It has a look, a smell, an overwhelming ghoulish property that hides in some of the most outwardly beautiful people, places and things.
I am not referencing demons, necromancy nor am I lumping in the sadly mentally disturbed. Absolutely not. I work with them daily.
I do believe in the reality of evil and what "it" brings into this world.
Was this punk "evil" when he did what he did to Mollie?
Yes. Absolutely yes. Just like Emily when she did whatever the heck she did to poor Lucas. Wasn't the drugs or the stress or the custody issues, it was evil incarnate.
Just my own opinion as always. And to be clear I do not support the death penalty on personal grounds. But I am glad there are those that can uphold the laws. Just not in my name. There is no dp in Iowa so that's just how it's going to go.
Chi

I don’t think there’s been enough time to run a complete criminal background in him in Mexico. Those take weeks. And the simple statement that “I blackout when I get upset” makes me think he’s done something “upsetting” before and used blackouts as the reason. That’s not off the top of his head. Imo

I think a lot of posters suggested this super early on, first or second thread, just because it has happened a few times before.

But it's a very rare occurrence--to have someone hit accidentally, and then the driver takes the body and hides it. I'm also totally baffled by why people who proposed that theory are saying:,"I got it right!" There's nothing in the evidence or his confession that points toward that being a viable theory.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at the defense acceptance to get things rolling faster. Usually the defense does everything it can to drag a case out.

What's the strategy here??
His lawyer can postpone the prelim. Actually this is not uncommon.

I want to clear something up about the affidavit that contains an alleged confession from CR:

LE needs probable cause for an arrest. Probable cause means sufficient reason to believe based on known facts that a crime has been committed. This affidavit was submitted to a judge to provide probable cause for the arrest of CR for the murder of Mollie. LE is stating: here are facts as we know them today that support this arrest. CR's confession, even if it is embellished or made up, is an admission that LE can rely on as proof that he committed this crime.

It doesn't mean LE believes CR's story, it means CR admitted this to LE and they can provide it as evidence that he committed the crime. It doesn't mean that LE will present this exact story at trial. It is just the initial evidence the supports an arrest. After further investigation, forensic testing, interviews, etc., LE may have a completely different explanation for the what of what happened. And that's fine! But the fact that he admitted to incriminating acts and statements is enough for LE to start with.

This case has shadows of Enrique Arochi, Margarita. Killer of Christina Morris. His drug excuse was Adderall, topped up with alcohol.

(Oh my gosh thaaaank you, Mountain Misst. Nice to see you. It was bugging me to death which other case it was that the defendant also said he blacked out. Oddly I mentioned him and CM’s case earlier when LE released the profile about maybe cleaning the vehicle.

“...said Arochi told him after he separated from Morris that night, he doesn’t remember much because he blacked out.”
Arochi Trial: September 13 - The UTD Mercury )

Last edited:
I get the feeling there is a lot more to this story. First, I don't believe a word of his fake jogging/blacking out lie. Second, I wouldn't be surprised if he put her in the trunk still alive and took her to some home and others violated her. He didn't simply take her straight to the field. moo He's leaving a lot out.

That day he didn't simply see Mollie and decide to prey on her. He's preyed on women before. Seems he's just fine circling women in his car. There is much more to this story and I'm sure a shady past.
Maybe it took the LE a few weeks to decipher the video because they wanted to see if there were other sightings of him following women. Wait I don't think they would have waiting on this for anything.

Rivera was on LE radar and interviewed within 2 days of the disappearance of Mollie. IMO, if a cadaver K9 had been run over his vehicle, their presence would have served a great purpose. All this extended grief could have been avoided.

I trust that those on the ground now lobby for better access to K9s in the state of Iowa. The $400,000 raised could go to practical use.
View attachment 143203

Where did you read this? The affidavit said he was interviewed for the first time on August 20, 2018.

There was another case where the defendant claimed to not speak English but it was BS. Can’t remember which case that was either. Gosh foggy today...brain overload. Must be all the legal jibberish between today and yesterday (Christopher Watts).)
I think this guy will need a translator to explain to him what the translator says.

i heard that as well - he was run through e-verify (used to determine if someone can legally be employed in the US) and came back as all good. It's a toss up really, could be a lie or could be true. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone dropped the ball and marked him as legal on the site when he should've have been. He could've also been a dreamer, i did see it mentioned that he came here as a minor but not sure when. If they think he's been here possibly for ~7 years that would've made him 17.
As long as you use a valid SSN and have ID e-verify will come back as legit. It’s not a hard system to get around if u know where to buy/steal a SSN and get a fake ID. I don’t know where to get these but it can’t be rocket science....JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member