IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe for one moment that this disaster was over quickly . No.
We do need to be seeing this loss as a disaster.
A healthy young person, in the prime of life, whose last sights on earth were ...well, I'm not going there.
I also don't feel convinced that this was just one person. 130 pound guy, carrying 120 pound woman around corn field?? How many of us can carry our own weight, for any distance? Does he look that fit to you?
Glad we live in a country where you can form your own opinion.....not just what is force fed in the media.

~charley project dot org~
You know that's interesting when you bring this up. I was alarmed at his small stature. He's trying to say she was deceased when he opened the trunk and he had to carry her. I'll bet that is a lie. He's trying imo to divert away from a sa.

I think the only thing in his story that we know is true is he left her in a cornfield and he was able to take LE there. Really, according to his story, he didn't even admit to killing her, so with that being the obvious gap in the tale, as if she just ended up dead and he was then faced with what to do with her body (that right there is NUTS), I think it's highly likely that the whole story of encountering her, running after and with her and she threatened to call police etc., is a load. I feel that he's trying to bring Mollie into the story as a character who was able-bodied and participating in an exchange that I suspect may never have happened.

He led police to Mollie quickly enough once caught. Maybe he will do the only other thing he could possibly do for her family by pleading guilty. He gets life, either way.

But I doubt any lawyer will let him. They will convince him he has a chance, that anything can happen in court etc
That's my reaction to this too - I think the perp would be willing to plead guilty but the lawyer will try anything to get him off. I don't think the lawyer will be successful, but I think he will try.

I hope there is DNA evidence to back up the confession.

jmo

I would say it's the crime in the cities interstate 80 connects, as well as the other interstates it connects with, that make it a corridor for criminals. I80 map is in second photo below.

I can’t speak for the crime in cities in Iowa, but I live in a city on I-20 in Texas, a very well known route for traffickers of all types.

It’s very safe here for most people but the violent crime we do have is almost always connected to the drug trade that is using I-20. Gangs from Mexico use this route a lot.
So here we have a pretty safe family friendly city except for crimes connected to that drug trade.

Well, her daughter will no longer have a daddy either. I'll bet she is upset about all of it. I know I would be. She's young also and is probably having a hard time digesting all of this. She too is now a victim and so is her daughter.
True, unless of course she did know about it and didn't say anything. I think it's to early since we don't know all the details and I'm wondering if that was even her? Someone mentioned they had a baby, but this was a 3 year old. Spmeone else mentioned she is an ex girlfriend and lives with her mother. So I am not sure what to think. I just think that using this as a strategy to gain sympathy for a ruthless killer is a bit nauseating.

I’d like to chime in about I-80. I live in a very small, very rural town. I-80 is literally 2 miles from me. There is a truck stop, hotel & 2 gas stations at my exit. I see people of all backgrounds, from every state & lots of people from Canada at these places. There are semi’s in & out, all day & all night long. It’s a constant flow of traffic.
Although there are very few crimes (think property, nuisances, etc) here, I believe I-80 is definitely a gateway for criminals on any level to travel & get away easily. MOO
Right. I could almost hit I-80 with a rock out my front door. I'm more on guard in this neighborhood than I am when going downtown. Big truck stop down the street from me. Even has a dentist in there.

You know that's interesting when you bring this up. I was alarmed at his small stature. He's trying to say she was deceased when he opened the trunk and he had to carry her. I'll bet that is a lie. He's trying imo to divert away from a sa.
I also wonder if Mollie was alive at the cornfield. I'm wondering when he dragged her before carrying her, that he dragged her out of the trunk while she was alive. Not a fact, just me wondering.

I just can't see how he could commit a murder on a road, even an isolated one. I can see how he could do that hidden in a cornfield.

I'm hoping there is evidence enough to piece it all together.

jmo

There is a picture of him holding his baby, standing next to his baby mama and he looks mixed between miserable/slightly unemotional. She is beaming. Idk, maybe I'm reading into it.
...almost as if he felt ill or something. His story has left me wondering if drug usage/abuse played a role in any of this.

Politics will be an issue no matter who the lawyer. Just watch the news.

Pitiful isn't it? But is it? In this case? Is there no defense attorney who would simply stay on point?

I don't believe Mr Richard had to wear that tie and file the papers he did. He used particular phrases and tactics to try and use politics to help his client avoid accountability. His client didn't care it was close to midterms did he? So I think it was very wrong of Mr. Richard to go there and he obviously was going there by his choice of ties!

Just a thought, but I would caution that there has been no evidence that MT was sexually assaulted, therefore it might be best to not use the word "rape" in posts. Mods, feel free to delete my post if needed.
I was curious when the Judge explained the charges and penalties for those crimes, she did say he could be placed on a sexual offenders list....

Right. I could almost hit I-80 with a rock out my front door. I'm more on guard in this neighborhood than I am when going downtown. Big truck stop down the street from me. Even has a dentist in there.
Lol Thank you for the laugh! A dentist?! Wow!! We don’t have that at ours, but it might come soon. Our council is talking about bringing in water & sewer lines.
I will say that I have been naive about living off a major highway :/ Until reading here on WS about how these criminals travel...I’m more aware of my surroundings & I do not take anything lightly, just because my town “feels” safe.

I think the only thing in his story that we know is true is he left her in a cornfield and he was able to take LE there. Really, according to his story, he didn't even admit to killing her, so with that being the obvious gap in the tale, as if she just ended up dead and he was then faced with what to do with her body (that right there is NUTS), I think it's highly likely that the whole story of encountering her, running after and with her and she threatened to call police etc., is a load. I feel that he's trying to bring Mollie into the story as a character who was able-bodied and participating in an exchange that I suspect may never have happened.
I do think he put her in the trunk. I do think he hit her in the head with something that caused bleeding. From there he went to the cornfield and I think for the intent to SA her.

I don’t think any of his story is true. I think Mollie was a fighter. She had taken self-defense classes and worked with victims of domestic violence. I don’t think he approached her, she brushed him off, he approached her again, and then she threatened him with calling the police. She would’ve taken action quickly I think. I bet he caught her off guard completely.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member