IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soap mama

soap mama Well-Known Member

deleted

cody22 likes this.

2. Crystal Regan

Crystal Regan Well-Known Member

Did you notice how stressed everyone seemed when the judge scheduled the prelim on Saturday of Labor Day Weekend? LMAO

libraryg, castilloisno1, kkdj and 3 others like this.
  3. shanadk

shanadk Well-Known Member

But life doesn't happen in a vacuum. In any crime, there are peripheral factors.
    It would be short-sighted to say that the employer doesn't matter here. They matter. They've been supporting him; and Rivera may not have been vetted according to the law.
    That's not liberal thinking or conservative thinking; it's just a fact.

4. Stormy21

Stormy21 Well-Known Member

I am thinking this: He attempted to engage with her. She threatened to call the police and/or told him where to go. He got back in the car (which wasn't his) enraged, and gunned it hitting her. (?damage to the car). Injuries the result of this, including a head injury (bleeding - in a situation like this you would see bleeding from ears based on trauma). He then picked her up and put her in the trunk. Took her somewhere else to hide her in a panic.

I have no evidence for this right now, other than his account. The ME will be able to tell more. And certainly LE will examine the car. Very sad and discouraging.

5. Jaclin

Jaclin Well-Known Member

there is no way this guy escapes justice IMO. the best this guy can hope for is that he stays segregated and isn't released into gen pop.

Charliegizmo49, kkdj, gliving and 4 others like this.
  6. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

CR is being treated fairly by our system of justice. I doubt the prosecutor will have any problem with a change of venue to Des Moines or Iowa City.

7. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Not 100% certain of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the SSN CR used belonged to someone who is now deceased.

8. Veracity

Veracity Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. I believe everyone - every single person drawing breath is born knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is a question ultimately of how selfish someone is. I do not believe a human being and a lion are the same species and therefore the traits and characteristics are not the same and there is no reason to compare/contrast the two. As I read most of your post it sounded like something a clever defense might try to use to minimize a person's culpability.

And specific to this case- this man - CR- adult - father of a daughter - decided to hunt an innocent 20 year old because he is EVIL. Period. I vehemently refute the argument CR was born with some sort of defective brain condition and he couldn't control himself.

CR demonstrated by his own actions he was responsible for abducting Mollie and ultimately killing her and hiding her body. What sort of lion hides his kill? They don't. Man is not on par with any beast. CR hid Mollie's body and he cruelly put her family, the community, the state of IA, and our Country through 35 days of misery, stress, and now all of those and a lifetime of grief and loss.

9. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Interestingly, my son served as a translator for some of the legal actions at Gitmo during his career in the US Armed Forces. He has only recently shared that he hated this duty as he felt too much legal responsibility rested upon his interpretation of what the "client" was saying. He explained how one can always find more than one word to translate another word into the English language. The words he chose could often times help or not help a "client" sound more or less guilty or innocent. He was brilliant enough to realize he did not want to participate in any judgement before the judge's final judgement and quickly found other assignments more suited to his morals. Would that all souls be so honest. MOO.

Charliegizmo49, Jaclin, TL4S and 11 others like this.
  10. soap mama

soap mama Well-Known Member

11. Michellesv44

Michellesv44 Well-Known Member

S Gammon, He probably doesn’t fully need a translator. Could probably make out the majority, I’d guess he’s an English speaker. I’m sure it’s a safety net for the prosecution to ensure it (not understanding the process) can’t be used against them down the line through the sentencing and appeals process. Nice strategic move. I’m fine with paying for it. Insurance, if you will.

SuperTmo, NewYork625, Bravo and 3 others like this.
  12. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

I just hope this *** does not have a trial like the *** Jodi Arias. I hope he rots in hell. Mollie deserved a life. She did nothing wrong but this *** ended her life. The more I read the madder I get.

13. Veracity

Veracity Well-Known Member

And he didn't tie it correctly. It looked almost disrespectful to me as well as inappropriate and a means to grand stand or try to send a subliminal message. Anyway I viewed it - it was just ALL WRONG!

14. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

He is a native of Mexico and English isn’t his first language. Those translators are there so that they can make sure he cannot state he didn’t understand the proceedings and therefore wasn’t able to participate in his own defense.

If it bothers people so much, try thinking of it this way. They aren’t there to benefit CR. They are there to protect Mollie’s right to justice.

15. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I think we will have a clearer picture in the days to come. IMO there will be more charges slapped on him once autopsy, forensic results are in. For now they have him locked up tight.

16. CheetosDust

CheetosDust Well-Known Member

What you see from overhead can look a whole lot different at ground level. There can be small hills or vegetation that can make a big difference.

17. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

18. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I think it's possible, depending on the autopsy results Rivera might not want to go to trial and take a guilty plea.

19. Crystal Regan

Crystal Regan Well-Known Member

Definitely was a hot mess. He needs to stick to clip-ons even though those look cheap. I am looking forward to his next tie. Maybe it will have red, white and blue LED lights.

20. PinkPrincessPoop

PinkPrincessPoop Well-Known Member

I have a feeling he would not do well if he ever DID get out of prison anyways.....

Jaclin, Breathe, Bravo and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.