IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
drone photo of field where her body was placed (im assuming they cut down that long section and the section where her body was)

Attachments

• 93427689-6b36-4a46-968a-50085cc386ad-0822_tibbettsdrone_07.jpg
    93427689-6b36-4a46-968a-50085cc386ad-0822_tibbettsdrone_07.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 107
Forensic definition of the term sharp force injuries-
Sharp force injuries are characterized by a relatively well-defined traumatic separation of tissues, occurring when a sharp-edged or pointed object comes into contact with the skin and underlying tissues. Three specific subtypes of sharp force injuries exist, as follows: stab wounds, incised wounds, and chopwounds.Oct 18, 2016
Forensic Autopsy of Sharp Force Injuries: Overview, Definitions, Scene ...
Forensic Autopsy of Sharp Force Injuries: Overview, Definitions, Scene Findings
OMG. POOR MOLLIE. RIP.

And immediately, I'm wondering if there's a difference between "sharp force" injuries and "blunt force" injuries...if so, what type of injuries are classified as "sharp force" vs. "blunt force"?

IMO, knife vs hammer, bat, punches, kicks, etc.

And immediately, I'm wondering if there's a difference between "sharp force" injuries and "blunt force" injuries...if so, what type of injuries are classified as "sharp force" vs. "blunt force"?
I was wondering the same. So could this mean he possibly hit her with his car? Would this classify as that type of injury?

Overview

Injuries produced by pointed objects or objects with sharp edges are referred to as "sharp force injuries." Sharp force injuries are characterized by a relatively well-defined traumatic separation of tissues, occurring when a sharp-edged or pointed object comes into contact with the skin and underlying tissues. Three specific subtypes of sharp force injuries exist, as follows: stab wounds, incised wounds, and chop wounds.

That would be messy, and his clothing would have blood. If he was living with his girlfriend, why didn't she notice this?
Maybe he wasn't wearing clothes when he hurt her? If she was abducted in one spot but killed in the cornfield, he could've taken off some of his clothes.

Wonder if any of the houses where the farm workers live have an outdoor shower? I'm also wondering if he stopped by the car wash if he could've washed up there?

If he's a volatile person as we've read, perhaps she learned not to cross him or question him. If he comes home sullen and avoids her, she probably learned to stay away and didn't see what his clothes looked like.

All speculation, not fact. JMOpinion

Probably. No accident involved here at all.
I refuse to hate anyone but this makes my blood curdle and I wanna puke!
So up-close and personal if it was a knife. What else could it mean???
:(

Every time I think this can't get worse, it gets worse.

The phrasing sounds strange--has anyone ever heard it, in another case? Knife seems most plausible, but I'm wondering if it could mean "beaten with something that has a sharp edge." Say, if someone was beaten over the head with an axe or hatchet--so it's not blunt force, but isn't a stab wound, either.

Sharp force injuries are those consistent with a cutting implement. You’re talking knife, scissors, box cutter etc, and probable death from blood loss.

Blunt force is something like a rock, bat, fist, etc. With something like that you’re going to see fractures and bruising.

The real question is the location of the stabbing. His account made it sound like she was dead before she was carried into the corn and dumped.

I’m now wondering if the murder actually occurred in the corn itself and if SA occurred prior to, or shortly after death.

Police need to talk to people who were at his home when he returned that evening. If his girlfriend knew something and remained silent, she sure made a big mistake. Multiple sharp force injuries would have left blood on Rivera. How did he hide that? How did no one notice that he was missing that evening?

Every time I think this can't get worse, it gets worse.

The phrasing sounds strange--has anyone ever heard it, in another case? Knife seems most plausible, but I'm wondering if it could mean "beaten with something that has a sharp edge." Say, if someone was beaten over the head with an axe or hatchet--so it's not blunt force, but isn't a stab wound, either.
Possibly a cattle prod
upload_2018-8-23_14-52-59.jpeg

Overview

Injuries produced by pointed objects or objects with sharp edges are referred to as "sharp force injuries." Sharp force injuries are characterized by a relatively well-defined traumatic separation of tissues, occurring when a sharp-edged or pointed object comes into contact with the skin and underlying tissues. Three specific subtypes of sharp force injuries exist, as follows: stab wounds, incised wounds, and chop wounds.

Thanks, BB....that's what I was afraid it meant. IMO, this likely means there were knife wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member