IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayleengale

Rayleengale Well-Known Member

2. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Take it for what it is worth...he goes off on tangents but has great visuals right now.
    {not endorsing anything he says, sometimes he is right-on, sometimes not...so just saying} Hughes live now.

jmo
    And if I need to get this link deleted or it offends anyone, I understand and I am very sorry.
    Chi (treading lightly)

TRB, HayLouise, runfar262 and 5 others like this.
  3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Right - I am thinking the arrest warrant had that very specific timeframe of when it occurred (abduction) they must have had a reason for this - the start time could be related to video and the end time to her FitBit/Iphone - so if he knocked her out while she was running - he could have driven around with her in the trunk for awhile and not taken her to the cornfield right away. We have heard nothing regarding the state of the body (decomposition) and with all the rain.... IMO

ellieuma likes this.
  4. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I so get what you're saying. GRRR! And if he hit her to get her in the car and then stabbed her later, I mean, how long can a "black-out" last? Also, if he gets angry easily, as he allegedly stated, how long can one sustain that amount of rage it would take to stab someone for a time frame such as that? jmo

chihuahua and jillycat like this.
  5. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Great points. I previously shot down the carwash theory, as it seemed completely reckless. But this crime itself, was incredibly reckless, so I’m definitely open to that possibility now.

cody22, ellieuma, Periwinkl3 and 2 others like this.
  6. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Verified No Filter

That’s exactly what I think this is looking like.

7. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I had to step away from reading after Mollie was found. After now reading that Mollie died from "sharp force injuries", I wish I had stayed away longer.
    I have no more words. :(
    It only gets worse......dear God.

8. SheriBerry

SheriBerry Well-Known Member

CR looks like the devil himself IMO. Very evil person.

9. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

But wouldn't there be footage of him cleaning that car? Aren't there cameras there?

10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Jodi Arias.

abr, Jaykayelle, yurena and 2 others like this.
  11. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I also think he went to the car wash afterwards. LE was focused on the car wash for a reason.

Hmm...instead of noticing he came home dirty, I wonder if anyone noticed he came home with a clean car.

Just a hunch on my part. JMOpinion

12. Anthony D

Anthony D Well-Known Member

Look at the fox news video. Google maps makes it look like nothing is there, but when the reporter walks on the road there is multiple houses the desk anchor when they go back even says "Wow I thought the area would be empty etc". Maybe they are in the wrong spot, but the street he walks on def has more than one house.

13. Catty33

Catty33 Member

I want to find out details on her cell phone and Fitbit. Where are they, were they found with her? Was there additional electronic information that tied him to her?

14. Copper

Copper Well-Known Member

I wonder if he came home all wet. A self serve car wash would be a great way to thoroughly rinse one's clothes and self.

TRB, human, Quill and 2 others like this.
  15. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

I always feel very uncomfortable when employers also own the residence of their employees. (Other than say, nannies or housekeepers, etc, who live in the actual home of the employer.) It just seems to add another layer of anonymity to the employee ~ Especially when the dwellings are in such disrepair!
    "The prominent Iowa family hires a number of migrant workers and accommodates them in a series of trailers and properties, including the tumbledown dwelling on 200th Street, Brooklyn."
    Pictured: The trailer on a secluded Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

Alethea, LeeAnnB, bamaguy1983 and 3 others like this.
  16. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

And I still do not buy his story about the 'exchange' there. I think he ambushed her and off he went with her.

17. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I have no idea what the camera situation is. I simply wouldn’t be surprised if he did something that stupid, as this crime was as sloppy as it gets. Whether he did use the car wash is an unanswered question, but it does seem like something he would do.

18. otto

otto Verified Expert

He probably kept the knife. My guess is that he carried a knife
    On the police map the two far right dots are significant, and may be related to fitbit data. The body was found SE of Guernsey, a location not on the map. I'm thinking that the two right dots are where Mollie was assaulted.

19. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

Right. In his mind, it's "What? I was just washing my car that day. You can't pin anything on me. People wash cars all the time."

Breathe, MsBetsy, chihuahua and 2 others like this.
  20. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D. Well-Known Member

It was probably a knife. However, as a farm worker, it could have just as easily been a screwdriver or even a machete ("sharp force injuries" include chopping injuries")

From Pathology Outlines:

21. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

The cause of death news is heart wrenching.

IMO being a farm worker he probably had extra clothes/commonly had dirty clothes.

Are there slaughterhouses in the area? We have some in an area of my city and the hog slaughterhouses especially would make finding a body by smell extremely difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.