IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying that she wasn't? She was brutally murdered which is much worse. There is no comfort in hearing that she was or wasn't at this point and it should almost be a point not talked about at this point. Maybe iowan's should vote on a death penalty and defacto this guy in there, and put express no appeals on it. Its the best justice for Mollie there could be. Mollies law.

One thing I can say is this story saved lives it got this guy off the street, and a national story like this will make girls more careful, more pepper spray, more only doing things in groups.
RIP Mollie.
I think most mothers (myself included) would agree that they would feel slight comfort in knowing that despite the brutal crime that took place that sexual assault wasn’t involved. I only brought it up because I think knowing whether or not she was sexually assaulted could give lots of clues in to what actually transpired.

How did LE know the car belonged to CBR? I mean, it’s one thing to have footage of a car that keeps showing up where MT is, but how do they link that car to a guy who isn’t even officially in the country? Do you think they must have shown pics of the car to locals? Or tracked down the registration to someone?

While I guess thats not impossible I don't see anything in the evidence at this point to disprove a rage killing. Even if she wasn't dead when put in the trunk I think she was at least not conscious from being put in the the trunk. However until they give a time frame of how long they think the body has been deceased I guess its still possible she could have been held, but I feel she was no longer coherent when put in the trunk.
G-d, Bless Their Eyes so they find every tiny clue and piece of evidence. G-d, Bless Their Minds And Their Tongues so they evolve and investigate this case scrupulously find any witness or hole in the case, or missed speck of evidence. G-d, Bless Their Wallets and their Resources, so they can flip any informants they need to, to prosecute everyone tied to Mollies death. G-d Give Them miraculous luck. G-d do not allow any prosecutors or anyone defending the perpetrators of Mollies death to speak any lies or allow any fallicies regarding Mollies murder, success or existence. Give them the Wisdom of Solomon, the leadership of Abraham, the strength of Samson, and the truth and discernment of right and wrong.
Amen.

How did LE know the car belonged to CBR? I mean, it’s one thing to have footage of a car that keeps showing up where MT is, but how do they link that car to a guy who isn’t even officially in the country? Do you think they must have shown pics of the car to locals? Or tracked down the registration to someone?

They drove around and found the vehicle, it had a distinctive trait. My guess is body damage.

It’s not even his car so they must have tracked to owner down and then went from there

Wonder if it’s the GF’s car?

What are people thinking about the phone and fitbit disposal? Was her phone and headset pulled off before she was put in the trunk? (probably) Maybe CR overlooked the fitbit. He may have ditched the phone and forgot the fitbit. He probably found the earpiece while cleaning out the car and used it in his explanation to add detail and make it sound plausible.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.
No problem, it's hard to keep up with all the details. I've never seen so many posts on a 'missing persons' and then 'found' thread on WS myself, and there's an insurmountable amount of information to sift through. Thanks for weighing in, good questions, it's nice to have you share your thoughts.

Ya, he’s not the brightest bulb
Actually I think he might be smarter than we think. I think he’s setting the stage. Young, not highly educated man escaping his horrible life in another country. Doesn’t speak good English and/or understands english and the police confused him and he didn’t fully understand what they were asking and what he was “admitting” to. Hence the reason for the big display of an interpreter. Yes, it shows a fair trial, so I’m glad they used one, but can’t help but think the overkill of having two is to really “sell@ the theory that he doesn’t understand English very well and thus didn’t understand what he was being questioned for. I wouldn’t be surprised if his attorney pushed for a mistrial.

Someone stated his parents were in the courtroom . If that's true it would indicate he came as a teenager with his family. Does anyone know how long he actually has been here? 4 - 7 hrs, but which is it?

We know you meant to type "4 - 7 yrs". ;-)

I know his (ex?) gf, who was holding their baby girl on her lap, was at the hearing. Obviously, she appeared to be dismayed. I found no mention of CR's parents having attended the hearing. If they were I believe CR's representative attorney would have noted that.

Actually I think he might be smarter than we think. I think he’s setting the stage. Young, not highly educated man escaping his horrible life in another country. Doesn’t speak good English and/or understands english and the police confused him and he didn’t fully understand what they were asking and what he was “admitting” to. Hence the reason for the big display of an interpreter. Yes, it shows a fair trial, so I’m glad they used one, but can’t help but think the overkill of having two is to really “sell@ the theory that he doesn’t understand English very well and thus didn’t understand what he was being questioned for. I wouldn’t be surprised if his attorney pushed for a mistrial.

To lead them to her body, he used the location tracker on his phone. It's going to have the dates and times which will tie everything together. He's toast.

According to the affidavit on page 1 of this thread I just noticed Rivera is charged under 707.2(1)(a) of Iowa criminal code. (That charge doesn’t refer to kidnapping whatsoever, which would be (b).)

707.2 Murder in the first degree.
1. A person commits murder in the first degree when the person commits murder under any of the following circumstances:
a. The person willfully, deliberately, and with premeditation kills another person.
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code/707.2.pdf

I should also say I am not buying it but that’s what I think he’s trying to sell! Makes me sick.

What is happening in here with the blatant racism?
Sorry there are people posting things that are not relevant to Mollie's case sometimes. You may know already, but if you see posts that you think don't comply with terms of service (TOS) for WS, just hit the "report" button right next to (left of) the "like" and "reply" buttons and the moderator will address them. Page 1 of each thread starts with lots of posts from the moderators on what topics are off limits (that should be obvious, but...), but sometimes people don't read them and post anyway, and it takes the mods some time to remove them and send warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member