IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Thank you,that was really informative. It would seem like the body would have to be in stage 3 by that time. That certainly explains why it took so long to remove the body,and why they have to be so careful. But I still don't understand why the climate would slow down the process. It said climate effects it, but doesn't say how. I would think warmer temps would increase the process . Does anyone know? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out how long it was there, and if it matches the story It also said it depends on the type of injuries. Would stab wounds increase or decrease deterioration? How about insect activity? Does anyone know?

str8nightowl, agilbe, Jaclin and 3 others like this.

2. Peaches96

Peaches96 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, I think if she was sexually assaulted then this was definitely a planned out attack and would have included stalking her- he could have seen her before and been sexually attracted to her.

If she was NOT sexually assaulted then I think he likely randomly saw her, flirted, got angry when she rejected him and killed her out of anger. This would be more of an opportunistic attack.

Either way, I am praying she wasn’t sexually assaulted.

3. kpm

kpm ~ i am easily satisfied with the very best ~ wc

I do too, I think it’s the time they think she was abducted, unless they have Fitbit data that says otherwise, but that could have been discarded along with her phone the moment he snagged her.

They had way of determining a TOD without an autopsy

We have yet to hear where those two things are

4. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

It’s linked to the first page of this thread. The times are described as “lower time” and “upper time”. Not sure if that refers to an exact time or if the crime occurred between those times.

TL4S, agilbe and Inthedetails like this.
  5. crumbcleaner

crumbcleaner Well-Known Member

I don't think they could know that for certain until the autopsy was performed...perhaps it was the abduction portion they were referring to (the times listed on the warrant) based on the video of MT running and CR driving around. Here's the arrest warrant link:
    http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

agilbe, Breathe and MsFacetious like this.
  6. mrkyle

mrkyle Active Member

also in the report they said there was a body believed to be molly tibbets, that it was identified by clothes she was wearing, considering how profile this case was an how identifiable she was, it more or less sounds decomposed, sorry for graphic description

7. Anthony96

Anthony96 Missing 411 geek

Did he hold her a couple of days untile he killed her

str8nightowl, Sanz and agilbe like this.
  8. MsBetsy

Yes, I agree, he knows very well. I was talking more about when they tell the same lie over and over that eventually it becomes true in their minds. I think you know the type, going by your example.

9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Thanks. I should've realized it was on the first page! If people haven't read it, please do - it's an official LE doc with info that might quell some theories.

jmo

Jax49, EuTuCroquet?, agilbe and 2 others like this.
  10. Twistinginthewind

Twistinginthewind Well-Known Member

I agree, it's been so heartbreaking for her loved ones, and her dad was so courageous and determined throughout this ordeal of his baby girl being missing, he kept reaching out to the public and kept his and everyone's hopes up of finding her and bringing her home, and was hopeful someone she knew had her and she could be rescued and come home. I think until LE honed in on CR this week, the weeks prior were anybody's guess as to what had happened to her, and there was always the very real possibility that she was being held captive by someone she knew. She sort of knew CR (or he knew of her) peripherally from what has been reported on MSM, so it makes sense that LE and her family were thinking someone known had abducted her, and she was "around" somewhere nearby.

str8nightowl, agilbe, Breathe and 2 others like this.
  11. MsBetsy

That sounds right because some say the 8:28 time has to be significant.

Warwick7 and agilbe like this.
  12. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Did I get the wrong thread? Sounds like peeps are writing fiction. jmho

13. callyn

callyn Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Caylee Advocate and mommylicious like this.
  14. Inthedetails

Nothing that's been released gives me any thought that he held her. Sounds like he grabbed her and soon afterwards killed her.

Unless there is news that differs from what's been reported so far, I don't think he held her.

jmopinion

15. kpm

kpm ~ i am easily satisfied with the very best ~ wc

It actually says the clothing found at the scene where the body was located.

16. MsBetsy

I think it includes the time of murder, not just kidnapping, in other words the entire crime from the time she was assaulted till the time she was killed.

str8nightowl, agilbe, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  17. Inthedetails

We need to remember not to quote posts that should be reported. Otherwise, it makes more work for the mods to clean up. I post this because I forgot that request myself!

Report and then scroll on by.

jmo

18. callyn

callyn Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't realize that was reportable.

19. Twistinginthewind

Twistinginthewind Well-Known Member

LEO in PC this week said CR admitted to having seen MT running before, and he did stalk her that evening, is on video driving back and forth along her running route - that's how they caught him. It wasn't a random crime of opportunity.

20. MsBetsy

It does not appear so, from all that we know this was very quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.