Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

Normally, no.

Jeng1810 and AnnaGrace like this.

2. otto

otto Verified Expert

Thanks! We know he cleaned up after a multiple knife injury murder because he had to have blood on him, his clothing, and his car. The truckstop seems like the perfect place to clean up, but if he lived alone he may have cleaned up at home.

kotis, geevee, gillglock and 3 others like this.
  3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

CR told LE that he pursued her in his vehicle in an area east of Brooklyn. We don't know that CR is telling the truth.

Marmlet, d4j, gillglock and 1 other person like this.
  4. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

Maybe.

MsBetsy and AnnaGrace like this.
  5. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

I’m sure he is not. She would not run out of town when needing the car the next day. Maybe he is trying to say he wasn’t in town following her earlier. Idk his motive but she had no reason to run outside of town on a dirt road far from her moms and DJs house.

jillycat, Jerrod and AnnaGrace like this.
  6. Jerrod

Jerrod Well-Known Member

13:34 mark, for what it's worth, vague as it is:

Reporter: "We've talked so much about the Fitbit. Was that helpful at all?"

Rick Rahn: "I can tell you that we - as I've said previously - that we've examined her digital footprint, and certainly that played a role in our investigation."

Mollie Tibbetts update: Full press briefing

oviedo, geevee, gliving and 5 others like this.
  7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

They may have placed him elsewhere by 8:28...

Marmlet, JudgeJoe, kotis and 7 others like this.
  8. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

I think the phone was more effective than the fit bit. I’m sure I have posted before but on find my iPhone I found my daughter who was not answering me in the middle of a body of water. Sure enough after following her trail I found her far away from where she said she would be, canoeing to an island with the help of a few friends of hers. Now I only checked this out because her “cover story” was suspicious but a phone can tell a thousand words even if it is not answered.

geevee, Tiger Stripes and Peaches96 like this.
  9. DJD

DJD Active Member

On CR 's SM page, it shows he started college on Aug 24, 2009 at Preparatoria 35. That means he started his college education at age 15. But wait, he dropped out in the 7th grade. Who knows what to believe.

Breathe, cody22, 1987 and 3 others like this.
  10. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I think CR had Mollie in his vehicle in the vicinity of Boundary & Middle and he high-tailed it out of town eastbound via 385 Ave. I still want to know where in Brooklyn his uncle lives. I think the Malibu may be owned by his uncle.

Considering, Sconnie, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  11. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I strongly agree. I wonder, maybe the misperception comes from suspense type movies or TV where the villain is usually identifiable before they’re captured - but that’s not reality. And while the FBI releases certain behaviours that a culprit might exhibit, by no means is it guaranteed a perp will display even one of those actions.

Others here have stated LE was only able to make an arrest by sheer luck, but in virtually all stranger-victim crimes luck in identifying the culprit does indeed play a huge role.

wary, Cardinal47 and gillglock like this.
  12. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

She was very likely with him there IMO. I don’t believe he involved family in this but an interesting point none the less....somewhere to shower after a long day “working in the farm”.

MassGuy likes this.
  13. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

And the ping is only a guesstimate of where someone is. I recently had LE knock on my door and ask if everything was ok because they had a 911 hang up call. Of course I corral my daughter and her friends whose phones had no evidence of a call to 911. He chalked up to the ping being close to this area and I could prove nothing different. Still makes me wonder tho who called 911 and why? Lol

Al Hoffman, MistyWaters and AnnaGrace like this.
  14. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I agree about the car belonging to the uncle. With no license, I'd bet much more on the uncle loaning him a car than the employer. MOO

15. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

The charges against Rivera were filed this past Tuesday but media reports indicate LE initially approached him on Monday. And iirc it was stated he turned over his cellphone to LE? I wonder if Location Services and/or Google Maps was active on his phone the entire time and LE was able to determine his entire route along with the correlating time by that means? Wasn’t that how he led LE to the precise spot, something about looking it up on his cellphone? Maybe but I’ll admit I’m not sure if I remember that correctly...

kotis and gillglock like this.
  16. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

I think people are questioning some of the information given by LE from the last presser. I.E. when did they get hold of the cctv footage? They say it was obtained from a neighbour; why wasn't it obtained sooner?, etc.

gillglock and Jeng1810 like this.
  17. CheetosDust

CheetosDust Well-Known Member

My updated map of Mollie’s jogging path with an alternate being doubling back on 385. This is 6.69 miles, approximately a 45-minute run at a 7-minute mile. Keeping in mind she was training for a half marathon and had run cross country in school.

Attached Files:

leandjl, gliving, Peaches96 and 2 others like this.
  18. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

I am sure some more reports of odd behavior will come out since the arrest. Things that seem relatively normal for the person will take on a new meaning. As I mentioned earlier I often return to the house with battle scars from major clean up of my “jungle”. It’s just no one thinks otherwise because it is normal until someone is murdered near by.

Al Hoffman likes this.
  19. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Either could be possible, IMO. The employer found it profitable to furnish/rent the trailer to him ~ might he have done the same for the auto? Maybe even for the group of employees to share? IDK. Just a thought.

cody22, Al Hoffman and TL4S like this.
  20. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

How many houses would you say are along the route?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.