Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

They did say somewhere that they had it for awhile. It takes time to look at that footage and determine “is that Mollie”, what kind of car was that, what color. I think LE did a damn great job to get to this point! Kudos to them!

kotis, Leney, AnnaGrace and 1 other person like this.

2. AnaTeresa

AnaTeresa Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if they did. I think a more likely defense (if it even goes to trial) would be that it was not him at all - cast doubt on evidence and forensics.

Leney likes this.
  3. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

He fell down several times? (I have actually heard this excuse used). Or he stabbed her several more times, in anger, post-mortem at the disposal site because he had screwed-up and killed her at the abduction site, and because of this he could not have what he wanted at the secondary crime scene/disposal site, with her active participation.

There may be a good reason that he has not yet (nor will he) be charged with rape, and that the Judge said that he may have to register as a sex offender, and that MT's clothes were found with and not on the body. This week a security guard was arrested at a local hospital in Memphis, because he was caught having sex with a recently deceased female patient.

There are too many freaks out about in the world!

cody22, MsBetsy, Followfacts and 3 others like this.
  4. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

He lived in the trailer rent free.
    As for furnished; it's in a state of disrepair.

Breathe and ExpectingUnicorns like this.
  5. CheetosDust

CheetosDust Well-Known Member

The whole route? Or on 385?

6. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

OT but if a fit bit can indicate time of death...and could be synced to someone else’s device, I’d wear one so if I die alone in my apartment I would be found relatively soon...as it is my sisters need an email from me at least once every 24 hours.

JudgeJoe, kotis, gliving and 2 others like this.
  7. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Even more to my point. :)

8. Jerrod

Jerrod Well-Known Member

I would think Mollie or any jogger would avoid Hwy 6. It's a two-lane highway with gravel shoulders and a posted speed limit of 55 mph.
    route 6.png

TRB, Sconnie, Followfacts and 3 others like this.
  9. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Probably housing included with pay, really.

cody22, human and ExpectingUnicorns like this.
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Good luck to the defense if they try to claim it wasn’t him. He led them directly to her body and said “I did it.” Forensic evidence, both physical and digital, will dig his grave.

cody22, runfar262, Al Hoffman and 3 others like this.
  11. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

To protect the neighbour, I don’t think LE is about to tell us. But I can think of a couple possible scenarios -
    - the neighbour didn’t see Mollie on the video so didn’t think vehicles passing by were important. And it’s likely the Chevy Malibu was spotted on more than one CCTV footage, which was what eventually indicated to LE this particular was circling, as opposed to just driving through. So it might not just be only this one CCTV that gave LE their lead, rather it was when it combined with others (probably businesses) it collectively provided the clues.
    - Early on there was substantial confusion over what time and where Mollie went missing from. For example the red shirt, being her her work shirt, would suggest something happened to or on her way from work, unconnectioned to anything captured via the neighbours CCTV.
    - In cases like this LE often canvasses homes. Maybe the neighbour worked out of town or was on vacation and the purpose of the CCTV was to guard against theft? LE made several trips to the residence and finally connected? Only in hindsight is it now known it was the missing link, thankfully not copied over or erased. That’s a very good thing.
    JMO

runfar262, Al Hoffman, Leney and 2 others like this.
  12. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Sorry but I just don't see it. Going into a truck stop with blood on him? Those places are public..well trucking public and no way would he take that chance.

otto, human and gliving like this.
  13. CheetosDust

CheetosDust Well-Known Member

Yes and that’s why I give an alternate of doubling back on 385. I can map that too if you want.

Followfacts likes this.
  14. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

Delete omg why can’t I get out of a post I answered by accident?!?! :p

JudgeJoe, kotis, cody22 and 1 other person like this.
  15. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

That is going to be an impossibility; reason being; he took LE to Mollies body.

AnnaGrace likes this.
  16. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Apparently I chose a poor choice of words. I meant furnished as in provided. Sorry for not being clearer.

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I was referring to the 7:30- 8:28 timeline .
    But in terms of the map you are referring to, it was stated he needed to use the map on his phone for directions, I think it just meant he had to look at a Google map. He probably isn't too good with directions LE likely had a hard time understanding him.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  18. AnaTeresa

AnaTeresa Well-Known Member

First thing the defense attorney will do is try to have the confession thrown out. Just because it happened doesn’t mean it will be presented as evidence at trial.

But I doubt it goes to trial. I’m guessing this will end in a plea, since it’s such a hot button case.

19. Peaches96

Peaches96 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. What watch does your husband have? I typically use an old Garmin for my runs but I never wear the heart monitor strap. Thanks!

20. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

Ain’t no free. We have a citrus farm town north of here. They live 10-20 in a home kind of like a dorm that they pay for. The farmers own the grocery stores, gas stations and any other comfort we take for granted. Let’s not pretend these people have an edge we don’t. Maybe where you are this is not the case but yes I live in the US as a college educated person and this is still reality for others.

fackshat, human, cluciano63 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.