Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Actually I'm not sure we know that she didn't threaten to call police. If this is what LE reported, they must find it somewhat credible. I would imagine he would try to come up with a better story than that if he really wanted to make her look bad. There is also a chance if he was circling around the area that she had already seen him. So I can kind of see why she would say that if he approached her, but he just got to her so fast she didn't have the chance.

cody22 and Crystal Regan like this.

2. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

The article said the worker didn't have to pay rent and it is a benefit. Benefits are tax deducted as expenses for the employer. I wouldn't use the term "migrant" to describe CR because he had lived there for four years.

JudgeJoe, CuriousCricket and cody22 like this.
  3. Ms. Fletcher

Ms. Fletcher Active Member

It looks like the small light or reflector on the rear quarter panel may possibly be busted out. From what I have gathered, that piece usually has a red plastic cover. I could be mistaken or be seeing the image wrong. Also, the small triangular piece at the rear of the back window - is it broken or covered somehow? It almost looks to have tape on it.

Warwick7, 1987 and Gardenista like this.
  4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Not sure where you got that misinformation. To quote your link above:
    ..."Investigators say the video shows Rivera following Mollie before she disappeared."...

Don't see anything about CR talking to Mollie on video, especially given that LE barely got the color /shape of the car, and no license number or video of driver.

5. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

It sounded like they were relaying the story he gave them. I don't think that means they find anything that he said credible. Other than her body was where he said it was. Obviously if he was telling tales of memory blocks, that conveniently began about the time that he abducted her, he could be telling partial truths, re-arranged truths, or absolute lies.

Tiger Stripes and Jeng1810 like this.
  6. Ms. Fletcher

Ms. Fletcher Active Member

I believe the car in the house photo is an Impala.

JudgeJoe, Confusion and Jealoushe like this.
  7. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

Or completely shut down which is the same as no battery. JMO

Confusion likes this.
  8. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

RBBM. kpm, I know you didn't write this but are only quoting. The article's composition is so horrid that you can hardly understand what the writer is trying to say!
    Do we think it means that the other 5 workers live in the same house/trailer lot too?
    Irregardless, I would be humiliated to be a landlord of this property and connected to allowing my employees to actually live in these conditions.

Kaylas, kpm and Jeng1810 like this.
  9. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

They overlap.

10. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Prisons require prisoners to work. They are required to keep the facility clean, grounds clean, work in the kitchen, etc. I think CR confessed so he wouldn't be deported. That may have been the "deal" LE made with him. His tracking of del Narco shows he's worried about violence in Mexico by drug cartel gangs. Mexican journalists have been murdered just for reporting on it. A young man was deported from Des Moines in June and he was violently murdered by gangs. That may have been weighing on his mind.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    JudgeJoe and cody22 like this.
  11. bluedivergirl

bluedivergirl Well-Known Member

One of his Facebook likes was Blog del Narco. Wiki states it was an anonymous blog highlighting cartel crime.

It also, reportedly, contains videos and photos from the cartel crimes.

Be wary if you go sleuthing.

cody22, Gardenista and Cardinal47 like this.
  12. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

I guess we do it differently we provide housing for our fish crew. It all has to be reported as a non monetary benefit.

That way all expenses associated with housing ie utilities property tayes maintenance and general replacement if furnishings all deductible as expenses. It works out more beneficial for us that way. I thought farming and fishing ran under like rules. Farmers must take expenses for housing as an overall business expense.

I’d hate to think of the utilities, simply because there would be no incentive for employees to shut off lights or close doors and windows tight in the winter.

ExpectingUnicorns and gliving like this.
  13. ChuckMaureen

New laws, or at lease new policies in place that may take precedence over State. ICE, Inc.

14. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I think I'll leave sleeping dogs lie!

15. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I’ve heard some defence attourneys justify taking a case to trial regardless, as per the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights, article 11, which states: "Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.".....”
    Presumption of innocence - Wikipedia

Not to overlook the fact the defence also has a vested interest in financially benefiting or receiving public exposure.....

Sanz and cody22 like this.
  16. ChuckMaureen

Prisoners are required to work, but they do not have to work (penalties apply) but they still get three hots and a cot.

17. ClockworkLemon

ClockworkLemon Well-Known Member

Something that stands out to me, in this case, is Mollie. Us ladies are always told to be confident, yell, stand your ground, fight back. From what I gather, she did just that. As the case unfolded, I would see videos of her, I read her tweets, she seemed like a very strong woman. We’re told, if you’re confident, predators are less likely to prey on you, which makes me think that this was pre meditated, he was prepared. If this were more random, maybe she would have successfully scared the predator off, but it wasn’t to be. I think that’s one reason this case resonates with me as I try to be that confident woman too but sometimes that isn’t enough.

18. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

Iphone 7 series has a nano sim card. (whatever that is) I found one can cut down a bigger sim card to fit in the nano sim tray.

How to trim your SIM card down for use with iPhone & iPad

Crystal Regan and Rocco like this.
  19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

That would change hundreds of years of established law. I doubt that happening.

carole, MyBelle and cody22 like this.
  20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Curious cricket and cardinal 47 this is a very likely scenario, I think! Makes so much more sense than him jogging along beside her and the car being too far away from where he assaulted her. I bet he figured that would sound more mild than following beside her in the car, and it's so close to the same as jogging beside her, which frankly when you imagine it sounds ridiculous.This makes perfect sense. He never actually got out of the car at all until he snatched her ( maybe)

Cardinal47, Tiger Stripes and cody22 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.