Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ms. Fletcher

Ms. Fletcher Active Member

The picture we are referring to is here: The Search For Mollie Ends In Heartbreak - Oskaloosa News

gliving likes this.
  2. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

If he had intent to murder, I would agree. At this point we don't know a motive.

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

There was never any red shirt found that was found by LE. It was never verified. They were searching the pig farm area based on tips and cell phone pings.

agilbe, crhedBngr, gliving and 3 others like this.
  4. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

I believe the pig farm was on LE Radar due to WC stalking issues. None of the electronic data has been released. Nothing. The only real facts known are in the arrest warrant and affidavit and the last PC. And if course the MEs statement.

MistyWaters likes this.
  5. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

There's a sheriff's suv following. I think it's the malibu.

6. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

RIP Senator John McCain. Thank you for your life-long dedicated service to our country. I cry.

7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

In the old days, my mom made me carry a big old flashlight to check my backseat before I got in my car to come home from work at night...she tried giving me one when I last saw her, when I was 50 and staying at a motel...not the worst idea.

agilbe, who knew?, AnnaGrace and 4 others like this.
  8. otto

otto Verified Expert

I don't think there is an understandable motive when a man decides to grab a woman off the street, assault her, stab her to death, and leave her in a corn field. This sort of murder falls in the category of random rape, which is about power and control.

I think there is intent because he had seen her jogging previously, he had a weapon, he circled around in his car waiting for her on her route, he grabbed her and that was it.

9. cluciano63

I can’t see them using the Fit bit as official time of death...especially when they don’t need to determine that in any exact way.

agilbe, AnnaGrace and MistyWaters like this.
  10. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

“Justin’s” story was originally was published by unreliable news source Radar Online if I recall correctly. It’s utterly common for all sorts of people to crawl out of the woodwork making close-call claims after a tragedy. As for the sister story, ironically a person by exactly the same name was interviewed a few days ago and claimed to be shocked.”

“....While in school, Monarrez dated Cristhian Rivera, 24, who is accused of abducting and killing Tibbetts.

“Iris was very quiet, she kept to her friends. From what I can see she was a really nice person, shy but kind,” Bailey Gibson, 18, told the Mail.

“I’m sure she’s as shocked as we are.”...”
    https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/mollie-tibbetts-ex-classmate-gave-birth-to-murder-suspects-baby/

George Fayne likes this.
  11. runfar262

runfar262 RIP Hugh B.McEvoy

May he rest in peace.

agilbe and AnnaGrace like this.
  12. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

I think our mothers must have grown up together. Miss them, huh, cluciano?

13. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

That's awful. And here, given how much attention this case received (even before the suspect was identified), both state and federal LE want to be sure they are doing (and being seen doing) everything they can under the law to get justice for Mollie.

14. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

There is a possibility (not necessarily likely, but *possible*) that CR could be deported by DHS. This post is NOT about political implications or policies regarding immigration policies. It is about factual policies that may affect the outcome of this case, noting DHS may deport CR under reinstated policies that were discontinued in 2014 and reinstated in 2017:

bbm

Secure Communities - Wikipedia
    That means deportation.

Countable
    CR fits the category.

15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think he did too. He admittedly was checking out the area in the days leading up to the murder. How far in advance do you think he may have planned it, and do you believe this is his first tine?

16. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Has LE said any more about the body found 100 miles SE of Brooklyn? Anybody know?

17. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

How brave this was for you to share this. <3
    This give insight into how this could have been the action and reaction of CR.

Gone Girl and Jeng1810 like this.
  18. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Do you have a MSM link connecting the search of the pig farm with Mollie’s cellphone pings because I’ve not found it. Thanks.

19. Tiger Stripes

Tiger Stripes Well-Known Member

While I certainly can't speak for *all* Iowans, as a resident of the state of Iowa, I must say that it is ***highly*** unlikely that a majority of us would like to pay so much as a cent to cover a lifetime of housing/food/medical care for the accused. But that's just "me" -- and JMOO. No doubt tens of thousands of my fellow tax-paying state residents feel completely opposite, and are *more* than willing to take care of him. (Am entirely serious -- *not* sarc; have met enough Iowans to know that there are such super-generous, altruistic people out there in Hawkeye Land.)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    ChuckMaureen likes this.
  20. cluciano63

Sadly, there will never be a time when these types of crimes cease. I see young men and teenage boys treating girls/young women with disrespect, and worse, near the high school where I live when I walk my dog. Sometimes they even yell out at me. I can’t help thinking they will raise their boys the same way, that is okay to snigger at girls, say things to them uninvited, even follow them.

But it does seem that there is more intensity and a kind of self-righteous rage when rebuffed that I never saw as a teen or young women decades ago. Jmo

libraryg, Quill, Followfacts and 9 others like this.
  21. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

Before WC's place was searched, LE was at TLC farms.

"Cheney also lives within walking distance of his family’s hog farm, TLC, which authorities searched days prior to questioning him."

Cops grill hog farmer with stalking charges for hours about missing Mollie Tibbetts: Report

MistyWaters likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.