Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Same, I expected something much older. Looks freshly washed too o_O

who knew?, TL4S, Considering and 2 others like this.
  2. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Would CR have not given up anyone who may have been with him? Would he take the fall?

gillglock, Jaclin and CheetosDust like this.
  3. kpm

kpm ~ i am easily satisfied with the very best ~ wc

It has to start with where he got the fake documents, IMO

There are already people coming forward with claims that they brushed off or were scared to report

There will most likely be a trail and red flags wherever he’s been, IMO

I also think he’s older than he’s reported

TRB, libraryg, gillglock and 8 others like this.
  4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

It may be more complicated here, because of the level of decomposition. Regardless, they have determined those wounds to be the cause of death.

MsBetsy, 1987, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  5. Tiger Stripes

Tiger Stripes Well-Known Member

At least here in the Midwest, we definitely have the "small town" thing -- saw it (in another Midwest state) where my parents moved: People waving at *every* vehicle that went down the single-lane gravel road in front of my parents' place. When I visited them and was home summers from college, we'd often walk their dogs along that gravel road. In my first week back (they had recently moved there), as we walked, I was *amazed*: My parents were waving at these cars, pick-up trucks, flatbeds as if they knew all of the drivers & passengers! So I asked them, "Who *are* all of these people, and when/where did you get to know them?" (Much laughter from them, in response to my question) "Oh -- that's just how it is out here! Everyone waves at everyone! And -- maybe it's a good way of getting to know who's in the area, too." Interesting reply, right, especially after the sequence of events in Brooklyn, IA. MOO. (Btw, am *not* familiar w/the "culture" of Brooklyn, IA, so am *not* saying that they all wave at each other like that -- but...it's *possible*.)

Thus, even if someone's casing out the area for a crime...others may have *never* taken notice, thinking, "Oh, yeah, we've seen that car [a black Malibu, i. e.] drive around here before... Bet they're friends with someone down the block..." Chilling, in light of what we now know.

6. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a link to a gas station clerk that said she saw him come in all the time. Then about 2 weeks ago and never come back...?

Tiger Stripes and MsBetsy like this.
  7. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I agree. There's something else going on that we still don't know. I'm still baffled why parents would send a 16-year-old boy to a foreign country. His father claims to be a farmer. Surely the family farm could find work he could do. Who, what or why did they want him so far away? That's a pretty drastic move for parents to make at that age.

8. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

If CR just fell on her & drove the knife in, it wouldn’t explain the autopsy description of multiple sharp force trauma.

gillglock likes this.
  9. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Hi Al, the above was RBBM. I believe the time and place quoted here refers to the first crime that was committed ~ not the murder. It could have been simple assault or kidnapping; it didn't necessarily have to be the murder. My apologies if this has already been considered.

10. Tiger Stripes

Tiger Stripes Well-Known Member

Just an aside -- as an Iowan who is constantly devouring the news, I must say that my fellow Iowan news "junkies" *know* that M-town is well-known for a high percentage of foreign workers. Legal or illegal, can't say for sure. But common knowledge in the state. MOO.

p.s. O/T: For those of you who don't know, the Iowa State Fair has (drum roll, please!) a **butter cow** each year. On display. Carved each year! Every time I type "MOO" on WS, I can't stop picturing one of those life-size butter cows! [needed some humor here!]

libraryg, agilbe, gillglock and 10 others like this.
  11. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Thanks very much! Unfortunately the time of this Fitbit? ping is not mentioned. I still question how her Fitbit would ping “at a hog farm”. Wondering if the new arena could indeed have a place in it....

“....When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said.

This is a new arena for us. That's part of the reason we called the FBI in. It's probably pretty new to them, too," Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told CNN. "I don't know of another case here in Iowa where we have used specifically Fitbit info."....
    Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

kotis likes this.
  12. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

It’s not a drastic move considering the drug war in Mexico. The area that he is from, is incredibly violent, as are many regions of Mexico. There is poverty, crime, and a lack of opportunity. This is why the United States is so attractive to Mexicans, and people from Central America.

TRB, George Fayne, gillglock and 6 others like this.
  13. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I forgot about the girl who said he gave her strange answers when she asked him who he thought did it!

gillglock likes this.
  14. AnnaGrace

AnnaGrace Well-Known Member

Thank you. That is what I was thinking.

gillglock likes this.
  15. gforce

gforce Well-Known Member

I'm sure the illegal alien's friends who were also illegal aliens don't want anything to do with LE

16. MyBelle

DHS HAS HAD THEIR SAY. CR is being held on an immigration detainer. He has now been formally charged in Iowa state court, bail set and he can't be bonded out without DHS being told about it.

TRB, Followfacts, who knew? and 5 others like this.
  17. MyBelle

CR is being held in a County jail, not a federal prison. CR will go to an Iowa prison if convicted.

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, if it helps at all, I have never even seen any of that where I am! The kids are awesome, respectful of adults, for the most part people are polite. Once I lost a $20 and was at the gas station with no money and no way to get home. The guy behind me gave me $10. 00 for gas. So there are still some awesome people in the world! Brooklyn Iowa sounds like that kind of place. I hope they can recover from this tragedy and put their minds toward seeing justice served. How about that article about Mollies brother deciding to play in the football game at the last minute and scoring 3 touchdowns!!!!

19. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Yes, but it doesn't end there. CR is still illegal, DHS still has a part to play. Iowa will complete their process; trial, conviction, incarceration. At any time at least afterward, DHS may deport CR at will.

20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.