Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24Roses

24Roses Well-Known Member

The local KWWL news just said a few minutes ago that the ME did clarify that Mollie was stabbed. They did not say that it was with a knife but say that sharp force injuries were usually with an item such as a knife. I have not seen that in any written article yet confirming that she was "stabbed". Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned yet. I've missed the entire last thread.

libraryg, TRB, Alcina and 13 others like this.
  2. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

Following....

3. RavenCC2020

RavenCC2020 Well-Known Member

I don't think they even know. They keep reporting 4-7 years. Well that is a wide gap of time.

4. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Since he is using a fraudulent identity, and could have used others, there's no way to know where he's been or what he's been up to.

Marmlet, Jaclin, Mica and 7 others like this.
  5. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

We don't know how long he has been here or how old he is. He looks a lot older than 24.

TRB, Leney, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think the intent was strategic as well. However, I did see in an article several posts back that when asked by a reporter why she and the child were present, she said that even though they have not been together for 2 years, she did it for her child. I know that sounds ridiculous and doesn't make sense, but I think I know what she is trying to say. In that particular culture, women often have respect for their spouses or their babies fathers, even when that parent is in prison or has done bad things. In fact, it is not even necessarily unacceptable if a spouse has relationships outside of marriage, as long as they respect and support their family. I know that in itself is disrespectful and hard to understand, and certainly I don't want to generalize that is always the case, but in my experience I have seen this general attitude and it always amazes me that the women don't have a problem with this. The women rule over the home, the father is the provider.... having said that, I think what she meant by her statement was, He is the father of my child, and so I will respect that fact by being present. Of course it is blatantly obvious to us that it is horrible to allow your child to see such a thing. But we are not really talking about intelligent people. When I read her response I thought why in the world would she think it would be good for the child to attend? Then I realized what her reasoning might be. Here where I live we have a daycare ( playroom) at the court house where your child can play and never have an inkling of what's going on. Problem solved.

Greenstreet, human, AnaTeresa and 2 others like this.
  7. MyBelle

I wonder what name her father used on her birth certificate.

8. bcom32

bcom32 Member

Why wouldn’t LE have obtained search warrant for the perp trailer/house upon confession & discovery of body? Wouldn’t they want to search property ASAP for additional evidence. Why would they need autopsy results first?

Mica, GarAndTeed, cody22 and 5 others like this.
  9. 1987

1987 Well-Known Member

as I understand it is different departments for lack of knowing the term. that local state had already searched and this was a additional search.

Warwick7 likes this.
  10. MyBelle

Separate jurisdictions.

Warwick7, Breathe and 1987 like this.
  11. 1987

1987 Well-Known Member

yes. the words had floated by and I didn't manage to grab them and hold on to them long enough to type them. thank you.

12. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

For many psychopaths, the ultimate possession is death of the victim. It says, "Now you're mine!" Good ol' Ted Bundy and other SK's (not saying that CR is a SK) progressed to that stage quickly. Maybe for this case, it was a hide-the-evidence situation. Whatever, the world has lost another good person. SMH

Hatfield, Greenstreet, human and 2 others like this.
  13. Kaylas

Kaylas Active Member

I wonder how many other names / identities he has used before he was 20. It may be hard to track himif he used SSNs of other people.

Jaclin, RavenCC2020, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  14. noodler2

noodler2 Former Member

can we not delete replies here

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  15. bcom32

bcom32 Member

Did not realize that. Even so, just seems odd they couldn’t receive warrant for property sooner given the discovery & confession.

16. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

Legal Eagles I need your help please. According to the Affidavit of Probably Cause it states the crime of Murder in the 1st degree and the date and time of incident to be July 18 between 19:45 and 20:28.

Does this mean that the murder occurred at that time? No guessing please. Thank you!

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Oops I messed up again. Sorry about that last reply. I had said that I don't believe anyone here is blaming Mollie for her own death. I have not even seen that implication , rather that Rivera is blaming the victim for angering him.

Jaclin, cody22, The Farm and 2 others like this.
  18. Ilovemy3boys

Ilovemy3boys Well-Known Member

I doubt the jury will buy into his victim blaming. The bottom line is he murdered her. Because of his actions, she’s no longer with her family and the people that loved and cared for her. He’s a monster.

Mica, RavenCC2020, Breathe and 7 others like this.
  19. Jazzy5980

Jazzy5980 Well-Known Member

Can’t imagine the farm providing vehicles to workers other than for work related purposes in light of potentially staggering liability.

Hatfield, Jaclin and Breathe like this.
  20. Nancy1954

Nancy1954 greenmtngal

If Mollie felt safe enough to tell him that she would call the police..I wonder if he just acted like a pest at first. I know if I felt scared of someone following me I would not tell them to leave me alone or I would call the police..you never know how the person might react. I think that Mollie might have felt she could handle the situation until he became the psychopath that she never saw coming. Of course Mollie is NOT to blame for ANYTHING-that MONSTER is! My opinion only.

jking, Jaclin, cody22 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.