IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what brats is, mentioned here several times and Mollie was to have some, that night.:(
I'm an Australian, and my Capital City won 'most liveable city in the world' several years running. It is known for its cuisine. This year, due to increase in crime, achieved only second possie.

Wonder if you guys have tasted our Vegemite: very popular here!
For me Brats are Bratwurst. German sausage made usually from pork but also veal or beef. Had many in Germany and very good.

I have no idea what brats is, mentioned here several times and Mollie was to have some, that night.:(
I'm an Australian, and my Capital City won 'most liveable city in the world' several years running. It is known for its cuisine. This year, due to increase in crime, achieved only second possie.

Brats are like sausage on the barbie. It's so good and so bad for you.

800pxitaliansausageonthegrill1.jpg

In the State’s Criminal Code, there are various different definitions as to what constitutes first degree murder (707.2). CR was charged under section 1.a, not 1.b. Motive is not required to be proven. Premeditated murder (deliberate intent to kill) is equally serious as murder committed during a forcible felony and given his confession, far easier to prove. JMO
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code/707.pdf
Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

Brats (bratwurst) are a seasoned German sausage in a casing, thicker than a hot dog and served on a hot dog roll or bun with sauerkraut and coarse mustard.

I went to school in Davenport IA with Aussies, and we had a Kiwilander on faculty. Yeah, you guys have a great sense of humor, and Vegemite is, at best, an "acquired" taste! It looks like brown mustard, but goes off the rails after that!

no sense in denying the obvious. this was clearly a sexual assault of some sort. what any other motive presents itself? Plus, he's come up to other young women and hassled them about sex...he surveilled her route, he brought a knife, and I don't believe anything he says. his confession would not be necessary for a conviction, imo, video/dna/will make it happen

While in jail, is CR likely in solitary confinement or in the general population? Any reason to believe he has been, or may now be on suicide watch? What is the likelihood there are other Spanish-speaking cellmates, or Spanish-speaking guards or jailers? Even with his ability to speak English, I would assume that he is more comfortable conversing in Spanish. Were there any such someone physically close to him inside the jail walls, it seems there would be a better chance he may talk and give up more information. JMO
I asked this question a couple days ago and someone responded that they think he would be in general population. I always thought high profile suspects were put in solitary confinement.

I looked up the county jail. It only has 40 beds so not a very large prison population. Not even an outer surrounding fence that I could see.

It's a county jail, not a prison (different kind of players, not killers, more DUI), in rural Iowa, and the size is about right. A lot of local lock ups don't have extensive layers of outer security. They may have CR more isolated (as much as that is possible in a jail that small) for his own safety and to prevent the leak of a jail house bunkie confidential exclusive which some outlets may pay a lot for.

Maybe there was a security camera at the house under construction at the 1900 block. Catch the thieves stealing wiring and tools. A friend of mine uses a game cam after losing a HVAC unit at a job site.

Maybe that would explain the seeming delay in getting the video to LE--if it was actually an unoccupied under-construction house.

"Why would Mollie, a university student, know an illegal immigrant who worked on a dairy farm?"
Brought this over from the last thread:
For the reasons I stated in the post you were replying to. I'm not sure where you are from, but I'm doubting it was a small town with a graduating class of less than 60. Everybody knows everybody. Especially people that are only a year older/younger than you. We already know the girlfriend and Mollie were friends on Facebook. CR's girlfriend was a cheerleader, they would have gone to dances and games etc. Mollie was a year behind her.
Notice the name of Mollies high school? 3 different small towns in the area went there, exactly like my high school, so the kids that went to grade school in Brooklyn (and junior high depending on how they do it there) she knew since 2nd grade - the same 20 kids, about 150 kids in K-6.
So, she knew his girlfriend pretty well and I have no doubt she knew who the father of her baby was. I don't think they were friends, I don't they ever had each other's number, but yeah, I think she knew who he was.

(I will add, why wouldn't she know someone that worked on a dairy farm? Granted, I can only speak from my own experience but are people from bigger cities really that snobby? Also, how would she know he's an illegal immigrant?)

Edited because I continued to read more posts:
Please note in my post I said I feel she knew him by sight. I'm not sure how that could be misconstrued into implying that they have a connection. I know the girl that bags my groceries and recognize her when I see her at my gym, that certainly doesn't mean we have a "connection". I'm pretty sure the police wouldn't delve into that realm of possibility either.
I totally agree. Her town is a fraction of what my town is and I frequently recognize people out and about. Also, it’s been stated she was friends with the girlfriend on Facebook so wouldn’t she have seen updates, baby pics, etc that the suspect’s girlfriend posted on a Facebook? That being said, I’m sure Mollie at least recognized CR even if she didn’t “know” him personally.

CR would have to have been particularly smart in his approach, such as parking his vehicle in specific locations along MT's running routes consistently to make it appear his vehicle being there would not be considered 'unusual' and he also would have to be sure not to be seen (by MT and possibly other runners / residents). How often could he do such a thing and not be noticed at the scenes or by others who might have expected him to be at his home or other places?

Of course he might have simply driven his vehicle around Brooklyn and perimeter roads from time to time and happened to pass MT on occasion so as not to have raised suspicion.

Either way, I believe he knew of MT (maybe other joggers as well?) and decided MT (because she looked very much like CR's ex-gf) would be his target.

Did CR know where MT lived (J house and/or her mother's house)? Did CR sit-in-wait of when MT exited the house or did CR simply drive through Brooklyn at times coinciding with MT's run schedule?
Mollie and the monster's ex look nothing like each other.

I'm beginning to realize that people who aren't from small towns or never lived in one don't understand them.
It is kind of difficult to imagine what life is like in rural Iowa when you’ve lived in a large city your entire life. I mean, I think people know the basics but it’s hard to put yourself in rural shoes if you’ve only known the city. There were many questions regarding map/location/cornfields that were thankfully answered thoroughly enough for me to understand. Plus, the cornfields are just incredible- I had NO IDEA they were so dense and could hide a body so well for such a long period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member