Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he said this (BBM) to investigators, it seems like we would have heard it before. No? MOO

MAY 26, 2021
Rivera trial: Cristhian Bahena Rivera’s testimony suggests other individuals involved in Mollie Tibbetts’ death - The Daily Iowan
“Like you said, I may have been in a safe place, but I didn’t know where my daughter was,” Bahena Rivera said. “… I told them I wasn’t going to say anything until I knew my daughter was safe.”
I wonder if we wont get a rebuttal witness(es) to testify they never heard any such comment.

Is there a Spanish speaker in here? Mine isn't the best and I can't make out the last word CBR is saying. When CBR is asked by prosecution about MT bleeding, go to 3:07:32 in this video

CBR: Yo no vi la sangre n.....(I can't make out the last word but the first part literally translates to "I didn't see the blood"

Interpreter: "Ah, there was no more, there was no longer any blood on her"

This is why I wonder what the last word is because I didn't see blood and there was no longer blood are quite different. Saying there was no longer blood implies there was at some point.

Also, interesting that he didn't know how to get home from this cornfield and needed his phone to guide him back but he had no problem going back to the exact spot.
My interpretation to the Prosecutor stating "...whenever you put her in the corn, she was bleeding" was "there was no more bleeding."

CBR had previously stated he didn't know how Mollie was killed but knew she was dead.

MOO

Well, it doesn't even matter because if they had stabbed her on the side of the road, then put her, even slightly alive, in the trunk, there would be more blood than there was. She was alive when in that trunk, and was killed IN the cornfield. The defense even pointed out what a weakling he must have been at 125 pounds, so it's highly unlikely he carried her into the field, dead or alive. He forced her into the cornfield, on foot, at knifepoint.
Agreed!

So many gaping wholes of information. I couldn't watch the trial, so maybe I'm just missing parts, but:

1) Who was the girl he was supposed to go out on a date with and was she ever interviewed to confirm that date?

2) Where are the phone records showing DJ's phone was inactive.

3) Why not put UF on the stand? What's his alibi?

Did he ever go on his date that night? Who looks at the body of an innocent murder victim, let alone physically touches them, with no emotion?

Last edited:
Is there a Spanish speaker in here? Mine isn't the best and I can't make out the last word CBR is saying. When CBR is asked by prosecution about MT bleeding, go to 3:07:32 in this video

CBR: Yo no vi la sangre n.....(I can't make out the last word but the first part literally translates to "I didn't see the blood"

Interpreter: "Ah, there was no more, there was no longer any blood on her"

This is why I wonder what the last word is because I didn't see blood and there was no longer blood are quite different. Saying there was no longer blood implies there was at some point.

Also, interesting that he didn't know how to get home from this cornfield and needed his phone to guide him back but he had no problem going back to the exact spot.
I thought at one point he said he didn't look when asked about the blood. (When the body was still in the trunk) I'll have to listen to it again. He apparently told investigators he saw blood on her neck.

But yes, I think he said he didn't go straight home and had to look for a map because that's when he went somewhere to get rid of his shirt, the murder weapon, or other evidence. Imo

Last edited:
If he said this (BBM) to investigators, it seems like we would have heard it before. No? MOO

MAY 26, 2021
Rivera trial: Cristhian Bahena Rivera’s testimony suggests other individuals involved in Mollie Tibbetts’ death - The Daily Iowan
“Like you said, I may have been in a safe place, but I didn’t know where my daughter was,” Bahena Rivera said. “… I told them I wasn’t going to say anything until I knew my daughter was safe.”
I wonder if we wont get a rebuttal witness(es) to testify they never heard any such comment.
So many gaping wholes of information. I couldn't watch the trial, so maybe I'm just missing parts, but:

1) Who was the girl he was supposed to go out on a date with and was she ever interviewed to confirm that date?

2) Where are the phone records showing DJ's phone was inactive.
I am a little surprised the prosecution didn't ask him who he was supposed to go on a date with.

Well, it doesn't even matter because if they had stabbed her on the side of the road, then put her, even slightly alive, in the trunk, there would be more blood than there was. She was alive when in that trunk, and was killed IN the cornfield. The defense even pointed out what a weakling he must have been at 125 pounds, so it's highly unlikely he carried her into the field, dead or alive. He forced her into the cornfield, on foot, at knifepoint.
Actually I would disagree. He is a farm worker. I'm sure he is plenty strong. He could have easily carried her into the field. I suspect he incapacitated her on the road (punch or maybe one stab) and put her in the trunk. Then in the corn field killed her (I agree on that). Did he carry her into the field or force her to walk? Impossible to say. But I don't think Mollie would have walked into that field voluntarily. He had a knife, she HAD to know what was coming. If he had a gun, maybe. But he had a knife, she could have run. I suspect he carried her and finished her off in the field. I agree that if he stabbed her viciously on the road, there would have been a lot more blood in the trunk. I also suspect he killed her before he SA her.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Slife says she became more concerned, called sheriff's office directly when the search neared her father's home.
1:40 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Courtney Crowder on Twitter
Her father lives "right in that area" where Mollie was found, on the property right next to that scene. She never heard back from the tip line.
1:41 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

On cross, Brown asks about her father's height. "He's 6'7"." Agrees he stands out.
1:41 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App
Sorry.....not sorry.....witness needs therapy not the spotlight

I wonder if CBR's statement is on video? Jennifer Frese has repeatedly stated throughout the trial "it was recorded" but then disclaims "you won't see it because it's in Spanish." IMO, it's like she teases the jurors with this statement for her own credibility but I find it annoying.

I suppose the reason the jurors are not being shown the video is because the parties couldn't agree to a transcript (interpretation variances cited earlier by Officer Romero). MOO

I’ll also say: I wouldn’t do it! The first thing I do when I get a case is look at the actual evidence we have to see if it corroborates my client’s story and if it doesn’t, we have a serious and difficult conversation. Sometimes my client is actually right and we can prove it. But if not I never think “what can I make up next?” Not all facts are good facts and it’s your duty to do your job as well as you can with those facts.
The client obviously wanted to take the stand and changed his story.

I think if I was the prosecution, I would have asked for him to go through the testimony again. I would have asked him to tell me exactly what happens just to make sure we are clear. Then waited for him to misspeak. I would ask for clarification for exactly when the phone and keys were taken from him. What exactly where the men wearing. Long pants and a sweater.. did they have gloves, what exactly did the mask look like. I mean hell if there are 2 masked crazy murders on the loose shouldn't we all be alarmed? I don't think he would repeat that story exactly like he did when he was being lead by his attorney.

OH MY LORD! I just logged in after a busy day---DID he testify? WTH?

And he said he didnt doing it?????? what????
There's a good summary of his story upthread posted by Pommy Mommy. He claims he was kidnapped by two masked men and they forced him to drive, then killed Molly and put her in the trunk! Then he put her body in the corn and covered it with stalks to keep it from the sun.

Says he was afraid to talk because they threatened to kill his family, his daughter and her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle