Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Discussion in 'Trials' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. californiagem

californiagem Well-Known Member

2. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

Oh!! That’s what I get for reading too fast!
    Sorry ☺️

3. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

I had read that the jury was getting a bit restless by that point. Surely the prosecution takes note of that and it is probably why they stopped when they did.

The whole story was so absurd that you probably don’t want to take a chance of totally loosing their attention.

4. AnnInOhio

AnnInOhio Well-Known Member

I'd ask questions like: Did they go through your house to see if anyone else was there? Did they take anything from your house? If they were hiding down in your car, how did they see Mollie? Anything to trip him up.

5. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

These are great thoughts. I'm going to add them to a few thoughts I have.

6. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Agree. Also, don't give CB a chance to fill in gaps and clarify. Just leave it as is and point out the failings in closing.

tmar, PommyMommy, TRB and 13 others like this.
  7. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

The only thing I heard in court after the trial ended was them talking about jury instructions and closings tomorrow. Nothing about rebuttal.

Maybe the the state will try to fit in a couple in the morning?

8. californiagem

Me too. Would have hammered down and asked multiple questions about her Mollie being laid down fully dressed also.
    I guess the ninjas came back and stripped her. Or maybe it was Pescha?

9. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

Too bad. Thanks

PommyMommy, JudgeJoe and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  10. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Ok we have two men walking around rural Iowa wearing sweaters and some sort of full-face mask in the middle of July, in full humidity. Ya right!

His trunk would’ve had to be completely soaked with her blood if this story were true.

He got out and inspected the trunk where he found Tibbetts' body. He said there was a little movement but no signs of life. Since there was movement he had no proof she was dead. If this were true, and it's not, but it were true,he put her out in that cornfield and laid stocks over her, he just indangered her life and left her to die.

He was worried about the safety of his daughter and his ex... so worried that he immediately made other arrangements for them and their protection. If I was prosecution I would have said "so what arrangements did you make and put in place for their safety please, give me an explanation of that." (Yet, today, he isn’t worried about their safety.)

Strange how he cannot speak English or understand it-- but perfectly understood the two masked men.

Who was the girl he was supposed to go out on a date with and was she ever interviewed to confirm that date?

Where are the phone records showing DJ's phone was inactive.

Why not put UF on the stand? What's his alibi?

Why wasn't he asked where his bloody shirt is?

He left the phone and the earbuds on the side of the road. Really? How many people are walking out there or how much traffic is going on out there? None. Maybe we've got a little birdie who swiped the phone is jamming to music. Not. No it would still be there.

Anyone else notice prosecution's last question was to confirm that the defendant was the only one who could have led police to the body? I heard it. He said "yes." Um no. Two masked men could have also. He just sunk himself. He is a liar.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Niner, tmar, PommyMommy and 17 others like this.
  11. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

YUP---just watched some of his Jodi Arias themed ninja testimony. Not very creative, it is like plagiarism...

I have a question. There was a long time between the time he was so cruelly kidnapped and his family was threatened. Did he take his child into protective care and try to leave the ares?

Did he tell his ex to take extra precautions because of this deadly threat?

12. californiagem

That would have been a great question! Were the ninjas speaking Spanish or English?

13. californiagem

Didn't his co workers say he was acting perfectly normal the day after the murder?

tmar, Girlyloop13, PommyMommy and 7 others like this.
  14. Svemirka

Svemirka Member

Ok, I had a fluent Spanish speaker confirm for me.

CBR: Yo no vi la sangre en ella
    "I didn't see the blood on her"

Interpreter: "Ah, there was no more, there was no longer any blood on her"

That is some sloppy interpreting! Not seeing blood and saying there was no longer any blood are two different things. Saying no longer implies it was there at some point. I'm confused as to why the interpreter didn't say exactly what CBR said.

Now I feel like I need to go back and get everything CBR has said translated again...

15. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

I have never, ever heard meters used in U.S. except in science settings by scientists or by foreigners! Not widely used here.

adot0902, Niner, Girlyloop13 and 6 others like this.
  16. katydid23

So closings are tomorrow?:eek:

All it takes is one moron to believe this ridiculous story.I am a bit nervous. The state has to do a very clear and amazing closing to overcome this pack of lies just given to the jury.

I think Dalton kind of rubs people the wrong way. I hope the jury doesn't hate him.In hindsight, the defense did an adequate job now to dirty up DJ and friends, making them scapegoats in this fantasy story.

It would be so frightening, immoral and wrong to allow this killer to walk free from this. :mad:

tmar, PommyMommy, AnnaGrace and 8 others like this.
  17. PrairieWind

That is a bit worrying. I never like having to use interpreters in court cases, whether trial or depositions, precisely for this reason. You don't really know if it is accurate and sometimes the precise words make a difference.

18. PrairieWind

No way does he walk free. At most a hung jury and a retrial. And a retrial would be very different now that the Prosecutor knows this story and can prepare better for it.

tmar, PommyMommy, TRB and 16 others like this.
  19. katydid23

"You don't know who they are but you remember one of them happened to use the name Jack?" Yes.

So they used their real names while acting as ninjas? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tmar, PommyMommy, TRB and 12 others like this.
  20. jking

jking Active Member

I am nervous too. I'm reading comments to some of the articles and social media on the trial and there are people who are buying this story. Most aren't, but it only takes one juror, right?

tmar, PommyMommy, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.