Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't call police because it "wouldn't look good."

His attorney asked him two different times why he didn't call police and the second time he said because it would look like he was involved.

She had to remind him that he was afraid for his ex-girlfriend's life and the life of his daughter.
Yes, I remember this. It stunned me.
His daughterxans ex were not in his forefront and he had to be reminded by his own atty the game plan.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks about Wednesday night (18th). "If Dalton Jack originally told law enforcement he showered and then watched Rush Hour 1" could he confirm? "It's hard to remember it was three years ago."
8:54 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks how he was able to testify just now that they grilled, drank, played yard games. "He could've done that during the shower. Had it on then came outside."
8:55 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Frese asking about worker who shared room with Dalton Jack. @KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial
8:56 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Wilson says he went to bed early to start the next day early.
8:56 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Frese asking about Dalton's roommate at the hotel, Brandon Gordie. Wants to know if he would know more about what Dalton did - State objects.
8:57 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Rebuttal is done. 10 minute break now.
8:57 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
10-15 minute recess before Judge Joel Yates reads jury instructions, closing arguments, and deliberations begin. @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
8:58 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
IANAL could someone clarify… if there were victim impact statements, would that be during sentencing only or would it happen before the jury goes to deliberations? Is there any indication that there would be any victim impact statements from the family?

I was floored when I saw this absurd turn of events on the news yesterday. I’ve followed Mollie’s case from the beginning.

I thought we’d get embellishments through his attorneys of the tale of him blacking out, awaking to a body in his trunk, and other versions of “oops/didn’t mean to/she made him mad/don’t know what went wrong here/they had a mutual conflict, or something like that. Why would they put him on the stand? And then let this unfold?

I can’t believe his lawyers are doing this. How is this not risking their own skin?

This is the first time I've seen a change of expression in the defendant. He looked panicked and worried and his eyes were all over the place. I think he was looking at the jury to see their reaction.

If they worked until 7, then he couldn't have been back to Brooklyn until 10 pm at the earliest. Wasn't the kidnapping around 8:30?:

Yes it was and even if Dalton did not grill outside after 7, he still could not have made it back in time (sounds like 9:15 or so would be earliest and that is straight from jobsite).

So it really doesn't matter if he watched Rush Hour or grilled out or did both!
Plus to put on a ninja outfit and arrive on foot at CBR house means he would have to be back in Brooklyn much earlier!

Nothing new can be presented during the closing arguments, correct? Because there would be no testimony to support it? So even though the supervisor never had to produce records before the last couple weeks, surely the defense would have checked about records in existence before hanging their entire case on DJ. Imo. Is that why they've thrown a couple other names into the mix? People with no clear motive? Their plan Bs?

Yes it was and even if Dalton did not grill outside after 7, he still could not have made it back in time (sounds like 9:15 or so would be earliest and that is straight from jobsite).

So it really doesn't matter if he watched Rush Hour or grilled out or did both!
Plus to put on a ninja outfit and arrive on foot at CBR house means he would have to be back in Brooklyn much earlier!
Yes, if he worked until 7, and was seen back at the hotel afterwards , he couldn't have left until 7:30 or so. And he has to meet up with his ninja buddy, and then go to CBR's trailer, hide their car somewhere and walk into the trailer---wait for him to finish washing his hair and drying off---

Then they explain their demands, kidnap him and drive into town to look for Mollie ---by that time, she would have been done with her jog. Too late....That would take longer than the one hour between the time he could sneak away and the 8;30 time of her kidnapping.

Nothing new can be presented during the closing arguments, correct? Because there would be no testimony to support it? So even though the supervisor never had to produce records before the last couple weeks, surely the defense would have checked about records in existence before hanging their entire case on DJ. Imo. Is that why they've thrown a couple other names into the mix? People with no clear motive? Their plan Bs?

Jose Baez completely threw in his own slant during his closing argument. That is why the prosecution gets a follow up for rebuttal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea