GUILTY IA - Sterling Koehn, 4 mos, starved to death, Alta Vista, 30 Aug 2017

I know there is a lot of fairly obvious guilt here, but this really jumped out to me as a fate sealer.

Drahozal said Koehn did notice a smell and thought it was a bag of dirty diapers, which he removed.

You don't get to say that after speaking about how keenly specific your nose is. It just doesn't work.

I've sat watching since court started today, 3pm here in UK. WOW, what a quick verdict, but what else could they do. Even if CH was suffering from depression he must have known and should have stepped in.

My first ever case over, may little Stirling rest in peace with the angels.

Not sure there has to be?

Yes, but he has to have an "official" sentencing - unless I missed a tweet that the Judge sentenced him on 11/6. ?? I thought I read that the sentencing date will be announced later.

edited to add: I check the court site & no date yet.

for Koehn:

Event Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
ORDER FOR PSI STOCHL RICHARD D 11/07/2018 11/07/2018 11/07/2018
Comments: SENTENCING HEARING 12/04/2018 11:00 AM 1901.
COURT REPORTER MEMORANDUM AND CERTIFICATE

link: https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

for Harris most recent stuff:

Event Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
COURT REPORTER MEMORANDUM AND CERTIFICATE STOCHL RICHARD D 11/06/2018 11/07/2018 11/07/2018
WAIVER OF SPEEDY TRIAL HAWBAKER AARON KEITH 11/05/2018 11/05/2018 11/05/2018
ADDITIONAL MINUTES OF TESTIMONY TIMMINS DENISE A 10/18/2018 10/19/2018 10/19/2018
ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE STOCHL RICHARD D 06/07/2018 06/07/2018 06/07/2018
Comments: CHANGE OF VENUE TO BE DETERMINED

link: https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

So far no court date for her....

NEXT UP!

Mother waives speedy trial in Alta Vista infant death

Cheyanne Renae Harris, 21, waived her right to have trial within one year of arraignment. She is charged with first-degree murder and child endangerment causing death.

A judge approved a venue change to move the trial from Chickasaw County, but a location and date haven’t been determined.

Harris’ attorney has filed a notice she could use a diminished responsibility or intoxication defense at trial and listed an Ames forensic psychologist as a possible witness. Diminished responsibility generally means a defendant’s mental capacity at the time of the crime may have been reduced to the point where she couldn’t possess the intent to commit the offense.

@JerseyGirl - probably if the article had a date for her next hearing, you would have posted that, eh? I can't access the articles, so that's why I'm asking. :(
I looked on the court site and no new date for her there yet. I'll keep my eye out on it though. :)

Gah. This poor, sweet baby. I just got caught up on everything and I am so sad at all of this. Glad dad was sentenced. I don't know how the things he even said made any sense. How could you not check on your child? Not even once?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan
Back