Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
cda9ced6-f50e-47ac-a6ad-8247ae9782d4-Xavio_Harrelson_9.jpeg
A missing person's flyer with the picture of Xavior Harrelson, 10, was posted on information board at Diamond Lake Park just outside Montezuma Sun. May 30, 2021. Hundreds of volunteers searched the park and other areas around Montezuma for Harrelson Sunday.
PHILIP JOENS/ THE REGISTER

Xavior Harrelson: Photos from search for missing 10-year-old Iowa boy (more photos at link)

Search for missing Iowa boy intensifies Sunday; community members help by the hundreds (video at link)

Saturday, almost 100 officers looked around the boy's home and a nearby lake. Sunday the search broadened, starting at Montezuma High School.

[...]

Five hundred volunteers and responders showed up to help cover ground.

[...]

Nearly three years ago, Iowans spent weeks in the same spot searching for Mollie Tibbetts.

“On the day her killer's convicted, we're right back here in her community looking for another missing child, and it weighs on us. It weighs on everybody,” said assistant director of the Division of Criminal Investigation, Mitch Mortvedt.

[...]

“We just strongly encourage anyone with any type of information, or even a possible sighting, to contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, or if it's away from this area, call 911. Because, obviously, the message is out that he is missing,” Mortvedt said.

On Xavior Harrelson's 11th birthday, nearly 400 volunteers join law enforcement to search for missing Montezuma boy | weareiowa.com (video at link)

Can someone post a side by side of xavior and the sketch of the unidentified child in nevada?
190533510_10159854776530639_6105708605110655275_n.jpg

Image source, Xavior: Have you seen this child? Xavior Harrelson
Image source, sketch: LVMPD | Facebook

The ‘last seen riding bike’ and ‘his bikes are both home’ is bugging me. LE is quoted as saying they aren’t sure about the info.

I hope they find this baby soon!

This has been bugging me too. I have been backtracking to the article that says LE can’t confirm. If you have the link, I’d so appreciate it.

Here are my thoughts. if he wanted to travel outside of the mobile home park, sounds like he had two bikes to choose from. Seems like something happened very close to home.

Anyone see what prompted the missing report? Last seen 11am and then reported missing just a few hours later that afternoon. Seems like a vague description of where he left that morning so doesn’t make sense to me they would have a more clear description of his anticipated return time to prompt a missing report. Just some of my thoughts.

MAY 30, 2021
Authorities find nothing of significance, as search for missing 11-year old boy continues (kwwl.com)
The search continued Sunday for missing 11-year old Xavior Harrelson. Sunday, May 30 is Harrelson's 11th birthday.

[...]

More than 350 volunteers and 125 law enforcement officers were involved in today's search, along with several sheriff's offices, Iowa DCI, and the FBI.

"As we receive information, we are exhausting those investigative leads," Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt said. "We are also expanding our search perimeter in and around the Montezuma area."

[...]

"We started with the immediate proximity around his residence around his neighborhood, and as those residences are cleared and everything of that nature, we just keep expanding the circle out," Mortvedt said. "We have been going door to door. Those efforts have gone further around the community."

8rNbHTP2-poweisheik.png

Today, official's expanded that radius to a mile, working in a grid-like pattern.

Mortvedt said the radius was determined by several factors, including probability, Xavior's age, and physical condition. He does not have special needs or other medical conditions.

[...]

The family has been cooperating with investigators and participated in some of the searches on Sunday.

[...]

Law enforcement officials say they have received tips from across the state, and are following up on each and every tip.

[...]

The search parties have concluded their search for the day, and no more volunteers are needed at this time.

Mortvedt said they did not find anything of significance during searches on Sunday. Law enforcement officers will be back in the area on Monday, but there are no future searches planned involving the public.

[...]

This has been bugging me too. I have been backtracking to the article that says LE can’t confirm. If you have the link, I’d so appreciate it.

Here are my thoughts. if he wanted to travel outside of the mobile home park, sounds like he had two bikes to choose from. Seems like something happened very close to home.

Anyone see what prompted the missing report? Last seen 11am and then reported missing just a few hours later that afternoon. Seems like a vague description of where he left that morning so doesn’t make sense to me they would have a more clear description of his anticipated return time to prompt a missing report. Just some of my thoughts.

I agree the vagueness has been bugging me as well. In addition to the fact his birthday was a few days away. Seems like children are sometimes reported missing in advance of holidays other occasions they may be expected to make an appearance at. My opinion only.

Still hoping he's hiding out at a friend's house.

MAY 31, 2021
Search for missing Iowa boy intensifies; community members help by the hundreds (kcci.com)
[...]

Teams of 40 boarded buses and made their way to the outskirts of town. Side by side, a sea of yellow vests combed through fields and wooded areas looking for any trace of Xavior Harrelson.

“We just strongly encourage anyone with any type of information, or even a possible sighting, to contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, or if it's away from this area, call 911. Because, obviously, the message is out that he is missing,” Mortvedt said.

[...]

It's a 19 hour drive, if you go the speed limit (and no one does, driven to LV 100+ times, peeps are doing 80-90...truth).

Way too much resemblance, IMO.
Is an "estimated" time of death an exact science? There are too many variables not to get XHs parents to Las Vegas to see the body. Plus if the child was a local Las Vegas missing child don't you think someone would've recognized him by now? Family, friends, teachers, neighbors, school mates? MOO

Video at link, and a neighbor of Xavior's speaks
State investigators re-evaluating search for missing boy from Montezuma
The DCI said it’s confident over the weekend they were able to search the area an 11-year-old would likely be able to travel on his own. Now, the agency will go through all the pieces of information it has to see if any lead was overlooked. Then, it will likely continue searching the area, with boots on the ground actively combing the landscape again.

Vigil planned Monday night for missing boy from Montezuma
A vigil for the Xavior Harrelson, 11, missing since Thursday, will be held on Monday night in Montezuma.

People are encouraged to gather outside the Poweshiek County Courthouse in Montezuma at 8:00 p.m. on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong