ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else use Vinelink to get info on inmates? I never received notification that BK had left PA.

I have to say, the footage the patrol officers obtained was a little disappointing. Obviously the second video is a big improvement over the first, but the officer's arm is positioned directly between his bodycam and BK's hands for the better part of the traffic stop!!

Yep but still shows some kind of marks. No matter, because those injuries (if they are injuries) are still visible with various kinds of forensic techniques, even 2-3 weeks later. It gave LE a bit more evidence and helped organized forensics - probably already performed in PA.

2 kinds of UV photos, other photos. They can still do forensic MRI in Idaho.

Is it all coming from NN? Is Fox basically the same thing, now, as NN?

I doubt there will be a named source any time soon, but my own intuition says this story is the right one. InSP knew what they were doing and FBI was involved. I am betting. I'll bet a week's groceries.

not coming from NewsNation

I do not in any way doubt that the FBI works in concert with all states and all degrees of LE when necessitated by a case.

What I can’t believe is that, as I stated earlier, they would EVER send an officer ALONE to stop a dangerous suspect, and to have him place himself in a very vulnerable position, leaning into the passenger window.

Even if for safety’s sake the office had to avoid traffic and approach from the passenger side, he should’ve stood nearer the rear of the car with his hand on his holster.

My cousin is a Fed and my brother-in-law is a police captain here in NYC. From what I know these traffic stops do not feel right. If they were initiated by the FBI, then IMO they would have proceeded very differently.

JMO

I can't see the officer's hands, but he does spend more than a little time back by the rear bumper, which is why we can see the caked on dirt/sludge on the car.

I can believe that patrolmen on a major highway could be sent on this kind of mission. NYC is a very different landscape than the long, open highways of the plains and the midwest.

There was air support and, apparently, other cars in the area. They were gauging him and they gauged him properly.

Is it all coming from NN? Is Fox basically the same thing, now, as NN?

I doubt there will be a named source any time soon, but my own intuition says this story is the right one. InSP knew what they were doing and FBI was involved. I am betting. I'll bet a week's groceries.

Bold. A week's groceries = about a month's salary these days where I am in the UK...

IDK. Makes sense as part of a surveillance pattern but it seems a somewhat elaborate ruse for a simple gander at his hands with an uncertain success rate, given the stories about how careful he was elsewhere in terms of wearing gloves everywhere, etc. Driving with gloves in the winter can be passed off pretty easily IMO.

And I wonder a bit about the legal security and cleanliness of any evidence, visual or otherwise, obtained under the false pretext of a traffic stop.

Last edited:
If the FBI had troopers pull over BK to gather incriminating evidence would there have to be proof that the stop was for a traffic infraction?

In other words can police pull someone over without cause to see if they can discover evidence to be used against them at a future trial?

Damn it, I did a timeline after all. Please update and add/subtract as needed per your discretion, if you want so we can change as they case develops. Sources below but most is condensed from ABC.

Moscow Murders: Timeline

August, 21st 1140 pm
-Alleged KILLER Bryan Kohberger was pulled over by cops 1.5 miles away from the murder house a couple months before the killings

Saturday, Nov. 12 On the night of Saturday, Nov. 12, Goncalves and Mogen used a private party for a ride home, getting back at 1:45 a.m., police said. Meanwhile, Chapin and Kernodle arrived to the home at about 1:45 a.m. Two survivng roommates returned home by 1 a.m.

Sunday, Nov. 13 It's believed the four students were killed in the house between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. on Nov. 13.. A dog was also at the home, according to law enforcement. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call from one of the roommate's phones requested help for an unconscious person, police said. Police also said they don't believe the man Goncalves and Mogen tried to contact numerous times on Nov. 13 is involved.

Thursday, Nov. 17 Autopsies determined all victims were stabbed multiple times, police said. The four students were probably asleep when attacked and some had defensive wounds, police said. There's no sign of sexual assault, police added.

Friday, Nov. 18 Idaho killings suspect Bryan Kohberger got a new license plate for his Hyundai Elantra five days after the murders, records show. He changed from PA to WA.

Wednesday, Dec. 7 Police said they're looking to speak with the driver of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra that was seen "in the immediate area" of the victims' house early on Nov. 13.

Thursday, Dec. 14 Kohberger and father leave Idaho to depart to Pennsylvania (date unverified)

Friday, Dec. 15 Kohberger and his father were stopped twice on Dec. 15 while driving east of Indianapolis, both times with the younger Kohberger in the driver's seat. They were first stopped by the Hancock County Sheriff's Office for speeding and then nine minutes later by the Indiana State Police for following another vehicle too closely, according to officials.“After Kohberger's arrest, the sheriff's department and state police said there was no information at the time on the suspect in the Idaho crimes or specific information on the white Hyundai Elantra. The state police added: "The Trooper, having learned the two had been stopped minutes before by a Deputy from the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department, who he knew was working just down the interstate from him, used his discretion and released the two men with a verbal warning." Later on Jan 3rd– A Federal Bureau of Investigation surveillance team tracked Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger and his father on a cross-country road trip from Washington State to Pennsylvania and asked Indiana police to pull him over, a law enforcement source told Fox News. The law enforcement source told Fox News that the FBI surveillance team was seeking video images of Kohberger as well as his hands.

Friday, Dec. 30 Bryan Kohberger, was arrested in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains in the early hours of Dec. 30. Windows and doors were broken during the SWAT team forced entrance. Police state they have DNA evidence.

Tuesday, Jan. 3 Kohberger, agreed to be extradited to Idaho during his Jan. 3 court appearance in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. LaBar said in a statement his client "is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible."

Tuesday, Jan. 3 Kohberger departs Pennsylvania with FBI (per FBI request), not US marshals for transport back to Latah County.

Sources

Idaho murders: FBI directed Indiana police to pull over Bryan Kohberger, seeking video images of his hands
Idaho college murders: Timeline of events
Bryan Kohberger switched license plates after Idaho murders
Police reveal DNA led investigators to suspect in Idaho student murders

According to sources....
OMG, NO WAY!!!!!!! I know it's been discussed a LOT, and several things said, I thought could have been possible, but never in a million years would I ever think that it could actually be spot on!!

I am speechless!! However, at the same time I'm also skeptical. I think I want more definitive proof (no idea what that could even consist of) or more something before i am convinced 100%.

I do not in any way doubt that the FBI works in concert with all states and all degrees of LE when necessitated by a case.

What I can’t believe is that, as I stated earlier, they would EVER send an officer ALONE to stop a dangerous suspect, and to have him place himself in a very vulnerable position, leaning into the passenger window.

Even if for safety’s sake the office had to avoid traffic and approach from the passenger side, he should’ve stood nearer the rear of the car with his hand on his holster.

My cousin is a Fed and my brother-in-law is a police captain here in NYC. From what I know these traffic stops do not feel right. If they were initiated by the FBI, then IMO they would have proceeded very differently.

JMO

I can't see the officer's hands, but he does spend more than a little time back by the rear bumper, which is why we can see the caked on dirt/sludge on the car.

I can believe that patrolmen on a major highway could be sent on this kind of mission. NYC is a very different landscape than the long, open highways of the plains and the midwest.

There was air support and, apparently, other cars in the area. They were gauging him and they gauged him properly. IMO.

All of this attention ... is KB loving it ?
Ugh.

Imo.

Snipped for focus.

KB has no idea how the media and public are reacting. He has no access to tv, internet, iphone, news, etc. Since he's been arrested, he's been alone with just his thoughts in a jail cell or plane seat.

He may see cameras pointed his way as he walks from vehicle to courthouse or plane to vehicle but I doubt he has time to notice it as he's being whisked along. JMO

What law enforcement source leaked the info about the traffic stops after the gag order was issued?

Body cam video is considered public most places, and all that's needed to release it is a FOIA request. It's already out on various SM sites. Plus, if it's considered public (like a police blotter), it's not a leak.

Everyone knew what they were doing here. The gag order was in the future when this was released, which of course is the key fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave