ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll likely found more at his apt.

"There are many pervasive myths about obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). One of the most common ones is that every person with this mental health condition is extremely focused on cleaning and organizing everything around them.

But this isn’t accurate. In fact, many people with OCD are quite the opposite."

OCD was never a confirmed medical diagnosis!
It was how his uncle's ex wife described his 'fetish' for new meat free saucepans.

Do you all surmise that the trip south past Clarkston, WA then out near Johnson ID was to dispose of the knife and/or other evidence? Where was he after he pinged near Johnson ID for 3 hours? And I wonder what he was buying at Albertsons. It could be something benign…or not.
Yes, maybe to dispose of the knife &/or to flesh out an alibi, e.g., "Yes, I was out in my car in the wee hours that night... to get some Unisom sleep tabs at the grocery store cuz I couldn't sleep"... JMOO

I've been following this thread for awhile today. I think many things said are real info to consider. I want to share that today I watched a forensic psychologist who evaluated BK by what people told the media and one thing that peaked my interest was that she said he carried a rage against "Stacy's" I was not familiar with this term considering I'm Brazilian. Well, she explained that Stacys are those beautiful and popular girls and that the girls from that particular house were very popular and maybe that was the whole motive.

She said he was a loner during HS and maybe was bullied back then by girls like them a.k.a popular. Once again, no one knows this guy so it's all circumstantial.

Also, I find it very interesting not the fact that he managed to kill 4 people in around 20 minutes. But that he could circulate around the house with such ease. By the blue prints we see there were other rooms, bathroom and laundry room - and he navigated through very quickly

That's the big one.
Where did or could he have gained such experience?
I have a good knowledge of anatomy and physiology but still I would have to think about it, for a few minutes..
eg the carotid artery, in the neck.. would it be here or over further to the left or maybe slightly more to the right? ETC.

It looks like he spent approx 3 minutes on each victim, including moving from victim to victim, including one if not two or three of them being awake?
How is that even possible?
I cannot figure it out.

Even a butcher, killing for a living would be hard pushed to kill 4 animals in different locations at an abattoir?
That's the unusual part. His car was seen on the move in the area, which in some respects give him less than 15 minutes in that house. How is that possible?

Early on, many of us wondered about the amount of confidence, hubris, or arrogance required to commit this crime. I count myself among you.

Now that we know who is in custody, the question remains, but we have more background to consider these questions in context.

We don’t know a ton about BK. But we do have some knowledge. He is reported by peers to be a bully and to have been the subject of bullying.

He may have had a drug problem in high school. He may have conquered that in rehab. And that is commendable, imo. He also embarked on some sort of weight loss program, successfully. Whether that entailed drug use remains to be seen. And he has an interesting, if not concerning academic path. IME, it’s unusual for someone to fight the kind of fights that BK has fought without some kind of support.

There are lots of different ways to frame BK’s issues. The one I keep turning to is whether he is an internalizer or externalizer. This is my own predilection.

If BK has relied on support in the past to get him through personal challenges, then I would expect he would also do that wrt to the crimes he is alleged to have committed. Having read the pca, I have no doubt that he committed the crimes.

But like many here wonder, I am struck by the mistakes he made along the way. It could be the case that he wants to be caught. It could be the case that he was book smart and common sense dumb.

But looking through his past (to the extent we know of it and can make sense of it), it seems to me quite likely that he derived his sense of self confidence from an outside source. It defies logic that he would have made the mistakes he made. It defies logic that he would have left a witness.

My own guess is that BK was egged on by someone who knew exactly how to manipulate him.

Again, the culpability is his. But if there is a troll out there who contributed in any way to BK’s crimes, I hope that individual is found.

All moo.
Interesting. It would make sense then, why he'd ask LE if anyone else was arrested.

I wonder how he connected the intended victim with the house. The house isn't really somewhere you would naturally drive by, I don't think. So I'm guessing he first interacted with his target elsewhere - and then followed them somehow without them noticing?

Since it was an ordinary event for students to go back and forth among various parties, with nearby Sigma Chi being a typical example - and there are 3 other similar houses nearby - I think the simplest explanation is that BK simply went and looked for parties at U of ID, where he would be a stranger and an older (from his POV) impressive grad student, and followed people from party to party. There are 2500 members of Greek life at U of ID, over a period of a few months, he would have seen quite a few of them more than once, narrowed down his focus, and then started sussing out whose living situation was most vulnerable.

JMO. Speculating.

IMO, the dirty car exterior means nothing.

I travel back and forth between western Washington and western Montana a few times each winter and by the end of the trip, my SUV looks far worse than that car did from all the slush and sand/salt on the roads. Layers and layers of it all the way up to the windows.

True enough. And now that it's possible that he went south down toward Ouray, CO, makes even more sense (driving on a snow-cleared interstate is a bit different, but you're right, just going to get gas, etc, ends up with layers of ice and gunk in that kind of weather - I always forget that, as where I live, precipitation does not come down in the form of sleet or snow and instead, washes our cars for us.

In any case, no way that he was able to clean the interior well enough to destroy all blood evidence/DNA. Although he might have been prepared with plastic bags, it appears he did not wear booties. So I doubt he put booties on in his car - but maybe. Maybe he had a seat cover and then removed it. I hope, if so, they find a record of him ordering said seat cover not too long before the murders. He does appear to have been very concerned with planning around blood splash and transfer.

His DNA at the scene on the knife sheath, his footprint outside, his cell phone movements, and his car, all place him at the crime scene at the time of the murder. He's dead to rights, IMO. I wonder if he'll strike a deal to avoid the death penalty in the near future.

I think DM was use to people being in and out of the house frequently. She was concerned enough to open the door twice but didn’t see anything. She locked her door both times after closing it. When she saw the person with the mask, I feel she went in to a trauma state. I feel she was immobilized by her terror. If he walked by her, he was headed upstairs on his killing mission. He may have come down to kill her but I feel something spooked him to leave and her door was locked. Either the dog or some other noise may have lead to his leaving. I feel for DM! She is an eyewitness, a trauma crime victim that survived a horror. Possibly she had left her phone in the kitchen area or in BF’s room and was too scared to go get it! I feel she was in a frightened state. What is most frightening, is that BK’s phone pinged by the house the next morning!!

In regard to him leaving sheath. Is it possible while fighting for her life, M grabbed onto it and it fell to floor without BK being aware?
On another note, poor DM if she has to testify . Defense will rip her apart. Im sure that they will ask her if she had been drinking or doing some kind of drug thst night. Then theres her lapse of time before calling LE. Im sure they will make her look like she made this up as why wouldnt she have called. She will be traumitized twice.

Frankly speaking, he needs to plead guilty to avoid the death penalty, if he cares. This affidavit only begins to disclose essential facts to have him charged. There’s more which will not be disclosed until he enters a plea. Prosecutors never reveal the complete evidence at arraignment, no need. I have no doubt that his attorney will advise wisely.

He's accused of murdering 4 people - the prosecution might not agree to a deal that allows him to avoid the death penalty. For example, the prosecution for the Parkland shooter didn't agree to that and after he pled guilty they sought the death penalty (although he ended up with life).

Also does the fact that D thought she heard Kaylee say there's someone in the house indicate he originally came in for peeping Tom goal of k or m and then everything escalated?? That would explain carelessness n literally parking right outside ? Obsessed intruder to just be a peeping Tom wudnt need to be as careful as preplanned murder, cud he have gone there originally to SA maybe believing x n m to be alone in their rooms
So rather than getting picked up for breaking and entering- possibly never being caught for that offense- he decided to just kill 4 people instead? Respectfully, I believe he intended on committing the murder/murders that night. Someone with extensive criminal justice background would surely be aware of how easy it is to get caught. I bet he has been shaking in his boots this whole time. JMO

Yes, “thought” being the operative word. It was likely the girls being murdered that she heard.

Unlikely, as D thought she heard Kaylee say "There's someone here" shortly after being woken by that sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member