ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. You'd have to leave off many ingredients for vegan options. Like a person being told the gluten-free option for a burger is having it served between lettuce leaves. Plus, if he wanted the limited number of vegan dishes MG serves, there are three locations of Yia Yia Nikki in Pullman.

As a gluten free option, many people *prefer* lettuce leaves. And as part of a couple that each has their own dietary restrictions, we are just fine with asking for ingredients to be withheld and many restaurants are accommodating.

Dolmas are vegan. Falafel is vegan. And many restaurants do use a separate pan for vegan/vegetarian preparations, leaving the grill for the carnivores.

At any rate, local vegans think it's a good enough place for vegans, according to reviews in various places.

I believe that part is correct, as least inasmuch as it affects Idaho's stalking laws.

Idaho considers Stalking in the First Degree.

And, Stalking in the Second Degree.

I was unaware, but it takes quite a bit even to meet the definitions of second-degree stalking. I suppose those rules are designed to protect someone who follows a person for a short time but has no intent of harming them.

Given Idaho's law, I think (MOO) it would have been difficult to bring Brian up on stalking charges.
Agreed. subjectively we know he is stalking by any common sense definition. but certainly if unable to challenge the actual technical validity of evidence of where he traveled before the killings, the defense would go for non criminal, or even severely lower crime of stalking with no violent or illegal intent, simply out of a crush, or obsession

On Jan 6th the FBI made a public statement that they did not direct or request Indiana LE to pull over BK on Dec 15th. This has been reported by numerous MSM, of which one e.g is attached. The FBI's clear public statement is a LE source and IMO is more credible than the 'anonymous sources' (or unnamed) quoted in the article attached to your post.

“The December 15th traffic stops conducted on the vehicle being driven by Bryan Kohberger in Indiana were not requested or directed by the FBI,” the agency told Fox News in a statement.
So four LE agencies (local, county, state and fbi, and one has denied requesting it.

I recommend YOU read the PCA again.

"D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and saw a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her."

No "ONLY". Like I said, words matter.
I feel like if it wasn't covering his head she would've included what his hair was like.
That's a common thing you would include in describing someone.
If she could see his eyebrows then I would think she could see his hair.

I just keep thinking they may have not only wanted to take a close look at his hands, face & neck but also to get his voice on tape so Dylan could hear it.
Brilliant if so IMO. Officer does ask BK to speak up, he can’t hear him.
(And yes I know LE has denied being behind the 2 stops)

MOO

Note the update on the story.

11:08 AM PT -- The FBI and Indiana State Police just put out a statement saying the Fox News report is inaccurate, "Contrary to reports, the December 15th traffic stops conducted on the vehicle being driven by Bryan Kohberger in Indiana were not requested or directed by the FBI."

No evidence that we know of, but yes I would be curious about surveillance footage from the restaurant / nearby, and of course additional cell phone data.

Another poster helpfully pointed out (earlier in the thread) that Pullman actually has a number of vegan restaurants, so it wouldn't have been necessary to travel to Moscow just for vegan options.

BK mentioned the "shopping was better" in Moscow, and his aunt said he was particular about the cooking vessels for food -- it wouldn't surprise me if he made a lot of his own food. Then again -- he let the cop in Indiana know they were "going to get Thai food." Of course BK's diet isn't the most interesting thing to focus on, but food has come up a number of times in relation to the case in a compelling sort of way.

Anyway, I was pretty sure he had visited Mad Greek until I saw that current employees didn't recognize him. As you said, though, this could obviously be intentional misdirection to keep up appearances. It's also possible he only stopped by once and the people working (Maddie and / or Xana) were the only witnesses.

People travel from Pullman to Moscow to hang out with a different student crowd (and vice versa).

We know of maybe 12 trips made by BK to Moscow? Maybe there are more and it's just those 12 where he's in proximity to one or more of the victims.

I think he's using "shopping" in an entirely metaphorical sense. The reporter says she stopped by Mad Greek and "spoke to staff" who didn't remember him. She doesn't even indicate that she spoke to a regular manager. I am not going with her viewpoint until I see the pings, etc. And yes, it's possible he only stopped by once. It's also possible that he went to Dutch Bros, where Kaylee worked. Anything is possible as far as we know, at this point. In about 1.5 weeks, there should be a preliminary hearing where he is bound over for trial (a higher standard of evidence is needed at that point). I believe we'll see a lot more at that point. I assume it will be a public hearing and there will be reporters and maybe even a pool camera.

Imo Comments about shaving eyebrows and former drug abuse are examples of just turning life events into suspicious actions reflect bias.
Furthermore, they feed into lynch mob mentality.
I would guess many people have been, or been close with someone, who at some point in their lives has struggled with addiction.
The fact that this particular man overcame it and went to college IMO is commendable.

I think he was in area starting in June or July. He could have met one of those young women there very early on and fixated on a desire, a slight or rejection, who knows. it absolutely is one of the restaurants in the area known for vegan dishes,
Even if August, that is months before the killings and the statements from mad greek are more or less they did not note him. The managers may simply have not known, and the only ones aware of any contact at that restaurant maybe the two deceased victims. most surveillance video is kept a few weeks or less.
I suppose that if he was at The Mad Greek then he paid with cash, otherwise his bank account records could be subpoenaed to check for debit card usage. MOO

IMO one the main reasons for the stops was to confirm the car is BKs. First the officer obtains his DL and then asks "is this your car?" and BK answers "yes". Totally eliminates the off chance claim that the car was sold to some unknown person for cash before 11-12 and the registration had not yet been changed. And, IMO, the second reason was to look in the vehicle to see if there was anything incriminating that was visible (or odoriferous) that could have initiated a vehicle search.
I don't normally on subscribe to complex explanations but I agree we cant exclude these stops were requested by the investigators. Those are first close up eyes on looks at kohberger by LE. There would have been usefulness in looking at his hands, wrists, forearms. If they are thinking they might not have an arrest warrant for a week or two from then, the better close look at hands sooner rather than later would be important. If his hands had healing cuts they would know to do an even more exacting sampling and study of blood at scène. Whether the car interior looked like it had been cleaned would also be important.
Also LE had some headshots, but general body type, mannerism, would be more useful to get sooner rather than later.

Don’t know if your question has been answered but I get text notifications when the DD driver arrives at the restaurant, leaves with the order, is approaching my house, and drops it at the door. sometimes they ring the bell and sometimes they don’t. You can also put in special instructions for delivery.

last night I actually put in the King Road address as the deliver address in my app and the Jack in the Box was the only place I could find open after midnight. It showed it closed at 2;45. I may have quit looking too soon though.
When I looked up the Jack in the Box in Pullman, in addition to the closing hours it also had 24hr delivery. I was surprised that you could get food delivered after the eat-in and drive-thru areas closed. I didn't realize someone would be inside cooking delivery orders. jmo

When I read "...black clothing and a mask..." I assume (perhaps, wrongly) that the mask was black. If it was black, I would guess ski mask.

Not a ski mask because the witness said it covered his mouth and nose and that he has bushy eyebrows. A ski mask covers the eyebrows and has just holes for eyes.

This is why I think BK shaved his eyebrows after his arrest before showing up in court.

ADMIN NOTE:

The true crime community is inundated with discussion of the Daily Mail article about the Reddit posts by Pappa Rodger and InsideLooking possibly having been made by BK. That is still speculation with no confirmation from official sources. As there is a gag order in place, there is no new ‘official’ information for discussion.

Websleuths would not normally allow discussion of any Reddit posts UNLESS the social media account is known to belong to a victim or a POI/suspect. After discussion with Tricia, Websleuths is making a thread specific exception in this instance to allow discussion of those 2 accounts because it is being covered by MSM and our WS approved sources (Jennifer Coffindaffer and Hidden True Crime).

At all times members must remember that, although suspected to be BK, those accounts are NOT CONFIRMED to be made by him and information must be taken with a very large grain of salt.

For example ... the DM article indicates that PR’s posts stopped after BK’s arrest. There is a screenshot in the DM article where a Reddit Admin specifically states the PR account had been removed by Reddit the day before BK’s arrest.

This will give our members something to discuss and speculate about but please remember to take it all with that big grain of salt.

Any questions, please do not ask them on the thread. Just jump off any post to Report and ask and a Mod or Admin will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks !!

The interesting part of this interview, is that he gave this testimony when everyone believed the crime occurred between 3:00-3:30AM. (When the media and public were stuck on the rapid phone calls, the underaged intoxication stop, and the white sedan sighting at the gas station.) No one believed that the timeframe was as late as 4:00 back then. Why was he the only one who heard it? He lived close. He was awake at 4:00AM. It was faint enough, he dismissed it. But he heard it.
Heard what exactly?

I may be completely wrong, but if BK planned to kill all four housemates--or even just two--that makes me think it's not the first time he's killed.

Intentional multiple killings--to me--suggest escalation. MOO. I might understand if he was just targeting a single girl that he felt was the type that always snubbed him, but four people?! That's huge! Plus, Moscow is just a hop, skip, and a jump from WSU, so it seems foolhardy to kill in your own backyard, so to speak.

Do we have a crude timeline of where BK was at different times of his adult life? Do we know if he made any cross-country trips any year? I fear these might be just the last of a line of killings and that he was becoming so sure of himself that he got sloppy.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members