ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the photo was originally posted, the day of the murders, on one of their public Instagram pages.

Regarding copyright laws and how they impact public social media profiles, you might check this article out. An artist used public Instagram posts, from other users without his permission, in an art exhibit. There are no (current) copyright laws protecting social media posts.
oh wow. wow. ty

IMO, a LE officer or some other official person is not going to use phrasing like "He slid into one of the girls' DMs". JMO
1. You don't know that.
2. Just because he pinged one girl, doesn't mean that was the one he was infatuated with. He could have tried to hit up "her friend" to see if one of the roomates was dating anybody, for example. Happens all the time. "Do you think she likes me?" in high school, etc...

Jonathan Gilliam, a former FBI special agent added that the 'viciousness' of the 'butchering' made him think it was 'most likely' Kohberger had committed violent crimes before the Idaho slayings.

'I think he's killed before most likely,' he said. 'Not four people, but I think he's probably stalked and potentially killed females before.’

Copyright laws dictate that whoever took the photo owns the photo. Even if you're simply using it on your Instagram, the person who took the photo has the right to sue you if they wish. Therefore, explicit permission is required to avoid any issues.
I could be wrong and I really hope I am. But as far as I've seen, when media outlets run photos that were posted on someone's IG (or other social media platform) the photo credit is given to that person's social media account. Rather than to the person who actually took the photo. I have photographer friends who've dealt with this and they will get photo credit only if they ask. Otherwise, the credit goes to whoever posted it. JMO

Jonathan Gilliam, a former FBI special agent added that the 'viciousness' of the 'butchering' made him think it was 'most likely' Kohberger had committed violent crimes before the Idaho slayings.

'I think he's killed before most likely,' he said. 'Not four people, but I think he's probably stalked and potentially killed females before.’

Who leaves evidence as a "calling card", unless they want to get caught? <modsnip - criticizing a WS approved source>
This isn't an Agatha Christie novel!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like more on this conversation between BK's neighbor and his dad. Was the neighbor afraid of BK? Between his dad driving home with him and asking the neighbor to be his son's friend, I really think there was known mental health concerns within his family, whether they suspected him of murder or not.
Isn't it kind of funny for the father of a 28 year old man to ask someone to be friends with him? Don't people that age usually find their own friends. It makes me think of the mother of a 3 year old making a play date for her child. I don't know, maybe it's me, but that is kind of off to me. They must have known that he had some kind of issues, or not?? MOO. Thanks, Katt

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger...
It sure is strange! If it’s true, which site did he use? And if the below is true, did he purposely use a site that doesn’t allow LE to search? Was all of this, including the murders, some kind of sick and monstrous criminology experiment to him?

Unlike police DNA databases, those of commercial genealogy companies can search for up to 1million DNA markers (using single-nucleotide polymorphisms, not STRs), creating a much wider pool of relatives to sift through.

While there are many commercial ancestry websites, only two allow law enforcement to search their databases openly, according to Moore.

'There's a huge misconception that we use Ancestry.com and 23AndMe but we don't.

'Only the two smallest databases - GEDMatch and Family Tree DNA - do allow it, and they deal with around 2million people.

It was deleted by user.

Yes - but user was in jail.

But, one of the first things a defense attorney might help do is erase a damning digital trail that could reach potential jury members.

My best bet is the attorney did it (but maybe mom or dad, we don't know). Probably not Reddit itself.

I could be wrong and I really hope I am. But as far as I've seen, when media outlets run photos that were posted on someone's IG (or other social media platform) the photo credit is given to that person's social media account. Rather than to the person who actually took the photo. I have photographer friends who've dealt with this and they will get photo credit only if they ask. Otherwise, the credit goes to whoever posted it. JMO
from r3d-ros3. Check it out. she answered me attached is a link..

poaching OTHER PEOPLES PHOTOs from a public social media site is legal , and as said in the article. not all things that are legal are ethical. And he made an art exhibit out of their photos. Unreal

You would be surprised what an individual fighting for their life could do. MOO

I agree but I feel that if someone managed to literally rip a sheath off a human wearing it, they would have to tear a belt off long before the leather on the sheath would break.

I have mentioned a few times that I own the knife and sheath. The sheath itself is made of a single piece of stout leather folded, sewn and riveted on the blade end and the knife is just over a foot long. At this point, I would be more inclined to believe carried it into the house in his sleeve but like everyone else, I'm just speculating.

But, one of the first things a defense attorney might help do is erase a damning digital trail that could reach potential jury members.

My best bet is the attorney did it (but maybe mom or dad, we don't know). Probably not Reddit itself.

Would it be considered ethical/legal for the attorney to do it?

It wasn't though. It says 'deleted by user' when you go to the account.

Exactly. Although I suppose Reddit could have gotten a written and bona fide request from the user's lawyer and decided to delete on his behalf. Who knows. <modsnip: referenced post removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Authorities remain tight-lipped about the alleged motive in the attack. They have not publicly discussed the relationship between Kohberger and the victims. Kohberger's now-deleted Instagram account — which was viewed by PEOPLE before it was removed — followed the accounts of Mogen, Gonclaves and Kernodle, but there was no public interaction."

Where does it say he followed those accounts? I don't see it in the linked article

It has not been confirmed that InsideLooking was BK, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest he was not behind the account. IMO, "user was in jail" is misleading and stating a possibility as fact.

At the end of the day, we probably won't know for sure if any of these online accounts can be traced back to BK. There might also be an account on WS or elsewhere that is linked to BK that is not currently in public view. Not saying we shouldn't speculate, but it is all speculation at this point where online accounts are concerned (specifically InsideLooking and PR).

Would it be considered ethical/legal for the attorney to do it?

Of course. There's something called power of attorney. And if I am incapacitated and want posts deleted, I will give power of attorney to someone (probably not my attorney, probably a daughter or my husband but obviously it can be given to an actual attorney).

All the attorney needed was BK's user name and password, frankly. Both the attorney and BK surely knew that if in fact that was him, it would be traced back to him (and still can be, because nothing is ever truly deleted from Reddit - except by special software that can only be used by the user while they still have their account; even then, not sure it's 100%).

What we post online should be considered out in the world forever.

Why would it be unethical or illegal to ask some trusted person to delete a reddit account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam