ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
since you own this knife, would it really be possible to walk around with it without the sheath and not risk cutting yourself? my really limited experience with sharp knives says that it would not be particularly safe to have it in hand, in a pocket or in a hoodie without slicing or jabbing yourself accidentally. I am curious about the murderer walzting out, knife in hand, no sheath... in the dark, in a mask, etc. Is there a towel missing? A towel or a bag in the car?

I'm actually not comfortable wearing mine and while it was a gift from a USMC family member who has concerns about my safety with 4 legged predators and while I rationally understand that sheath provides protection, I always feared being thrown from a horse and finding some way to stab myself.

I do use it under odd circumstances and don't want to lose my sheath so I have carried it from the truck to where I intend to use it but I'm also not concerned about hiding it or hurrying and I am careful. I have occasionally carried it sheathed in my coat sleeve, point down but realistically, I would not be comfortable carrying it unsheathed in my sleeve or in a hoodie because it is sharp enough to damage clothing.

I have thought about this several times and I keep comming back to her frozen/fearful comment. For the record, I'm only 5'4" but if I carry mine at my side, the natural balance of the handle does cause it to turn backward (blade will point behind me) so even if I'm carrying it close to my body, some part of it would be visible but the house would have been somewhat dark and I'm also not sure that it's something DM would naturally process because it's not something she would have been expecting.

I'm not blaming or shaming if she didn't notice it but I am simply saying that if he was still carrying it and she may have caught a glimpse of it that we haven't heard about.

What doesnt make sense to me is where this document states:

"All seized from Residence and currently stored at WSU PD"

Why would seized search items for one of the biggest cases currently in the US be held at the University Police Department? I would assume they would have been rushed to the FBI crime lab for analysis. MOO
Wonder if the immediate storage site was WSU PD and then quickly transferred to state crime lab.

What gets me is that the person who wrote the affidavit is from Moscow, so you would think he would know which state those towns are in. Maybe it just was an error on his part. When I first looked on the map after reading the affidavit, I also thought they were in ID, but once you pointed out the difference, it was very clear on the map that the WA/ID state line was between Blaine and Johnson. :)
I get the annoyance, personally I do so like some preciseness in a document! I have to say that IMO, it is somewhat 'riddled' (but not totally!) with small, typo-like errors, which is somewhat but not totally annoying. IIRC, the description of the drive bys mix up King and Queen streets at a couple of junctures, which I ascribe to confusion over the official address (King) and actual access to the house (Queen). So at one point, you have the vehicle going east then west or somesuch on King, instead of Queen (for e.g IMO). It's in there but don't have that d*mn thing in front of me right now. Understandable sure, but in an official document? Annoying. Hope the Defense don't pounce on any of that and delay or otherwise obfusticate with technicalities. MOO

I think he pinned the victims down by kneeling on them (legs) and used the knife in its regular manner,
If by regular manner you mean a forward hold, that is also a standing fighting position and it would be difficult to do a downward strike. The wrist needs to be locked and it would not be the plunging/stabbing motion that would be most effective.
I have no idea if he actually got on the bed or not, but that would be an unsteady position to be in with a knife on your knees, especially with three bodies now on the bed. If they are asleep, I don't see the reason for jumping onto the bed to stab them when they are within easy reach. As for the victims on the 2nd floor, I don't think he had any opportunity to plan and he stabbed them from whatever position he already held the knife.
But the autopsy/reconstruction will reveal most of this information.

Not sure if I am doing this correct, but it was this post.

edit: post doesn't have a source, still looking
Thankyou

It says that it was served "in person." So I assume it was served on WSU as the owner of the property.

It also says that the items seized are stored at WSU police department.

BBM

If receipt / list of contents taken from apartment was given to WSU PD or some other representative of WSU...I question if this document should have been released at all considering the gag order.

I looked up what the retrieval of the fire stick might mean and the source is likely not approved. But take what I say with a moo and a grain of salt. But it basically spoke of one’s smart tv as a spy to your life that tracks your interests as well as potentially recording you. Take that along with pc’s, phones and it all can be used to track an individuals habits very easily. Additionally, any streaming , videos etc.

Mod Note for clarification:

The NYTimes is an approved source. The quoted post below explains what is or is not allowed when discussing articles behind a paywall. Keep in mind that THERE ARE NO CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CIRCUMVENT A PAYWALL IN AN EFFORT TO BRING THE ARTICLE'S CONTENT TO THE THREADS.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Articles that are behind a paywall cannot be direct quoted. To do so is a copyright infringement and a violation of WS Copyright Rules.

The whole idea of a subscription is that the content be paid for. Members can provide the link for others who may have a subscription, and can either use the short google hit summary or briefly paraphrase what the content refers to.

Just no direct quoting or posting images from the paywalled article itself. There are actually people who get paid to surf the net looking for infringements.

Please report any and all posts that violate copyright law.

Luckily for us, Mike Baker/ NYTimes is providing this article as a freebie today.

I also saw that he applied for the internship, but I didn't see any record of the police accepting his offer. Did I miss that?

I wonder if he had a police scanner or a scanner app on his phone to listen in on how the police responded to the house after he murdered them.

I also think he drove by the crime scene that morning just to see the chaos he created. And enjoy the "duping delight" because he thought he was so smart. He wanted to work with the police for the internship, but now watches as those same people scramble to "solve" the "puzzle" he left.
I don't think the Pullman police department has ever confirmed or denied his acceptance as an intern. I've looked for this info several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288