ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thoughts. I was also thinking he turned around and made multiple attempts because the DD driver was making delivery? But wouldn’t there be video of DD coming and going? I assume?
I would assume so, too. I think LE has an exact time for DD, which the closest we know was "approximately 4 am" per the PCA. So yes, during the timeframe between 3:29 and 4:04, when the Elantra was seen driving back and forth, we know X was waiting for and receiving her DD. IMO, there's only two ways into that area: coming from east to west on Taylor, or south to north on Walenta. My guess is BK (allegedly) might have entered the home as early as 3:30 had it been all dark, but since it wasn't, he waited and circled like a vulture. DD was likely a surprise to him, if he even saw them stop by, which I suspect he did because of the limited access to King Rd.

He very well could have just been building up the nerve, but IMO, he was set to do this that morning and was simply waiting for the right moment to strike. To me, it actually suggests that he was of sound mind, being flexible as obstacles arose (like X being up), choosing his timing carefully.

@jepop makes a good point about whether he was aware of or planned around the neighborhood cameras. He was captured on multiple cameras just in the King Rd neighborhood alone. He really couldn't have avoided it. And how was he supposed to get access to a different vehicle? I'm not sure what he was thinking on all that. Probably assumed he was not going to leave behind DNA, and his phone wasn't on, and he had no front plate, which might even be why he seemed to move erratically on the road...maybe an attempt to avoid his rear license plate being seen on camera (if he even had it on his car at the time). JMO.

Last edited:
Another point that isn't earth shattering but very simple. He may have had to move into the university housing by a certain date in order to secure the apartment for the term he wanted to lease it. Perhaps the university had a "move in by date." That would explain why he was there a couple of months before class. IMO

I was starting a new job in another state and found a very nice apartment online, close to my new job, restaurants, and shopping. The only downfall was the availability of the unit was one month earlier than my scheduled move, so I had to find something else.
I recalled when the below article was posted recently for some other reason it had mentioned his apartment had been vacant for a year prior to his move in date. But when re reading, the other tenant seems to remember he moved in in August. So still, doesn’t answer what all he was doing getting a hair cut July 8th. Also, does anyone recall was this a men only salon or unisex?

Angela Alvarez, a WSU senior majoring in psychology, first met Kohberger last August when he moved into Steptoe Village in Pullman, WA. He filled the apartment above her and her husband, which had been vacant since they moved in Jan. 2021.

IMO, no. I think that the knife sheath being found out in the open and strategically located next to Maddie’s body makes for one very easy clue to the killer. Too easy. And the fact that BKs DNA being strategically located on the sheath snap in a precise little location is incredulous at best. If BK used that knife and sheath, perhaps to kill, his DNA would be all over it, along with blood. At best, the dna on the sheath shows that BK touched that sheath snap at one time and it could have been ten years ago. However, if BKs DNA is found on the victims body, mixed with their blood, all over the house than I would definitely think that he is the killer. Right now, I’m not so sure.
Yes, I do understand what you have written here. Still lost on the ‘other knife’ you mentioned before but that’s ok. I get you now.

While driving?

12/15/2022, 10:34:30 PM
12/15/2022, 10:31:47 PM
12/15/2022, 6:17:34 PM
12/15/2022, 6:03:02 PM
12/15/2022, 5:48:01 PM
12/15/2022, 4:59:18 PM
12/15/2022, 4:56:55 PM
12/15/2022, 4:54:13 PM
12/15/2022, 4:51:00 PM
12/15/2022, 4:34:17 PM
12/15/2022, 4:33:55 PM
12/15/2022, 4:30:54 PM
12/15/2022, 4:30:25 PM
12/15/2022, 4:28:30 PM
12/15/2022, 4:25:27 PM
12/15/2022, 12:41:27 PM
12/15/2022, 11:28:51 AM
12/15/2022, 11:23:18 AM
12/15/2022, 11:02:00 AM
12/15/2022, 10:34:45 AM
12/15/2022, 10:31:04 AM
12/15/2022, 10:27:06 AM
12/15/2022, 10:21:15 AM
12/15/2022, 9:18:16 AM
12/15/2022, 9:08:09 AM
12/15/2022, 8:59:32 AM
12/15/2022, 8:58:05 AM
12/15/2022, 8:48:11 AM
12/15/2022, 8:34:13 AM
12/15/2022, 2:10:56 AM
12/15/2022, 2:03:43 AM
12/15/2022, 1:49:59 AM
12/15/2022, 1:27:52 AM
12/15/2022, 12:45:47 AM
I see gaps that could be explained by him driving, then he could be posting while his Dad drives. We don't know for sure, of course, but the gaps are pretty decent. 6 hour gap in the morning, 4 in the afternoon, then another 4. Just a thought. :)

If they could log in to her account, they could look at her messages. IMO it would be the same as if she were logging in herself.

Edit - Oh wait I misread that. I meant Instagram log in credentials, not family cell phone or Icloud account credentials. I don't know if anyone would have had her Instagram log in, but if they did it would allow them to see private messages. MOO
Just to clarify. I don't think it was ever stated that K had a family cell phone. I think what A said was that she was able to access the records of K's phone by using "the family password". I have a suspicion that K used the same password for everything she did online.
She wouldn't be the first person to do that, including... possibly... myself. :eek:

You know if there’s anything of an evidentiary value in a social media account, I learned we cannot delete the accounts, or posts or ask anyone else to. It would be considered tampering with evidence!

Thank you! So appreciated. Well, then, if in fact it was BK (which we don't know) AND he asked someone else to delete it, it will be very interesting to see what happens. Since the evidence is still available (it is still being posted as there is a way to see deleted posts on reddit, a couple of different ways, in fact), I wonder if it would be worth going after whoever did it (if they did).

IMO, is it possible that BK wanted to live at 1122 King Rd and that’s why he was contacting the roommates?
That seems unlikely. It would put him further away from his classes. And any housing assistance he would receive would surely be tied to housing within the WSU system.

IMO, no. I think that the knife sheath being found out in the open and strategically located next to Maddie’s body makes for one very easy clue to the killer. Too easy. And the fact that BKs DNA being strategically located on the sheath snap in a precise little location is incredulous at best. If BK used that knife and sheath, perhaps to kill, his DNA would be all over it, along with blood. At best, the dna on the sheath shows that BK touched that sheath snap at one time and it could have been ten years ago. However, if BKs DNA is found on the victims body, mixed with their blood, all over the house than I would definitely think that he is the killer. Right now, I’m not so sure.
I get what your saying here re the sheath and the the way it kinda sounds re the single source male dna on the snap. THe PCA doesn't exclude more dna being on the sheath but it doesn't say anything about that possibility either, so that leaves an uncomfortable gap in public knowledge IMO. It is hard to just sit with that gap for the time being! One thought I've had is that, given all the other evidence in the PCA that helped establish probable cause, LE decided to get the PCA through before DNA analysis had been finished on the sheath. So they got an ID from the button, the rest of the sheath is covered in blood and possible mixed DNA profiles, that takes longer to process, but unnecessary for the probable cause arrest. Speculation and MOO. But I do agree that if there is no more of BK's dna found anywhere at the scene or on the victims or in BK's car (victim dna) then that might be problematical and cause doubt. We do have to wait for more evidence, at this stage I'm convinced that there will be more though. MOO.

If BK had mouth and nose covered as witness states, he may not have left any additional dna at the scene. The knife he chose is designed to silence and kill quickly. In my most humble opinion, I don’t anticipate him leaving additional dna at the scene since he killed his victims in their sleep and/or in a potentially inebriated state. My opinion only

I get what your saying here re the sheath and the the way it kinda sounds re the single source male dna on the snap. THe PCA doesn't exclude more dna being on the sheath but it doesn't say anything about that possibility either, so that leaves an uncomfortable gap in public knowledge IMO. It is hard to just sit with that gap for the time being! One thought I've had is that, given all the other evidence in the PCA that helped establish probable cause, LE decided to get the PCA through before DNA analysis had been finished on the sheath. So they got an ID from the button, the rest of the sheath is covered in blood and possible mixed DNA profiles, that takes longer to process, but unnecessary for the probable cause arrest. Speculation and MOO. But I do agree that if there is no more of BK's dna found anywhere at the scene or on the victims or in BK's car (victim dna) then that might be problematical and cause doubt. We do have to wait for more evidence, at this stage I'm convinced that there will be more though. MOO.
It could be that the snap DNA being 'single source' was easier/quicker to analyze? There could well be a lot of other DNA on the sheath but is not single source, so it took longer to analyze. I can't imagine a knife sheath laying on a bed next to someone who is bleeding profusely and not picking up at least some of their DNA. (This is all layman speculation - I don't know anything about DNA evidence).

I posted all of this yesterday but my posts were spaced out so I wanted to put all 3 posts in one place to make it easier to follow along. I’d love to open up a discussion, if anyone wants to dive into the theory with me.

Post #1

I’m throwing out a theory that I haven’t seen discussed (report if not allowed).

Background for how this theory came to mind- a few years ago I had a maintenance worker who learned my shower schedule and would show up at the house I was renting at the time when I was alone and let himself in. Eventually a roommate set up a camera in the house and caught him stealing dirty underwear from our laundry baskets while I was in the shower. It was scary.

Knowing that BK has HVAC experience, could he have had a side gig as a maintenance guy? If we are floating a June move-in timeline he could have even started doing maintenance for these houses over the summer before his grad program and TA position started. It would explain multiple visits to the property (I’m thinking the one day time visit was an actual maintenance call and then subsequent late night visits were stalking) and could explain why there was an HVAC truck at the house after the murders. He could have set up surveillance in the ductwork during the initial maintenance call.

Just an idea.

Post #2

Woah. Check this out…

<modsnip - no source link for screenshot>

Edit: screenshot was of the Zillow listing for 1122 King Road. This part caught my attention: “All maintenance is performed by qualified, licensed, and insured professionals. All major systems (roof, furnace, etc have been updated in recent years). A proactive maintenance program with annual dryer vent cleaning, bi-annual furnace servicing, and proactive quarterly maintenance inspections.” I think that the issue was that I posted the screenshot without the link to an approved source. I’m not sure if Zillow is an approved source. I’m new to WS so if there is a description somewhere of approved sources, please point me to it. If it’s allowed, here’s the Zillow link: 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow

This is a lot of maintenance worker activity, especially HVAC related, that would likely be done over the summer in anticipation of the start of the fall semester. Edit: I mean a LOT. Way more than I’d ever expect (or want) from a property management company.

Just woah. I’m pretty sold on this theory now.

I agree with the person who responded to my original comment saying that it would have been released. And I also agree with the person who responded to them suggesting that maybe LE just didn’t know or didn’t have enough evidence yet.

This could potentially be huge. (Or could be not relevant at all.)

What do y’all make of it?

Post #3

Sundog said:

“I think that LE would have checked out all of the maintenance people who were associated with the King Road house very early on, and if BK was employed through the property maintenance company, or other vendor the property maintenance company used for home inspections, then LE would have had him on their radar from day one, so to speak.”

My thoughts as well at first but I guess I should finish telling the story from my original post. The maintenance worker who was stealing my underwear was an illegal subcontractor without relevant experience or qualifications. The property management company refused to share his info with police (I needed his name to file a restraining order) until they obtained a search warrant because they were afraid of a lawsuit for sending this creep into my home. When police did get the search warrant, they had conveniently “lost” all of their employment records. Police could never prove that he worked for them or even get his name, and I was not able to file a restraining order.

The same could very well apply here.
So, are you suspecting BK signed on to do periodic furnace maintenance for their unit and maybe others? And at this point, the mortgage group is holding out on IDing him ? Am I following you correctly?

It could be that the snap DNA being 'single source' was easier/quicker to analyze? There could well be a lot of other DNA on the sheath but is not single source, so it took longer to analyze. I can't imagine a knife sheath laying on a bed next to someone who is bleeding profusely and not picking up at least some of their DNA. (This is all layman speculation - I don't know anything about DNA evidence).
Ha, I'm a complete layman (layperson) too, fact not MOO

ETA What you write makes sense to me!

So, are you suspecting BK signed on to do periodic furnace maintenance for their unit and maybe others? And at this point, the mortgage group is holding out on IDing him ? Am I following you correctly?
Yes, that’s the theory. That he could have been doing furnace/ HVAC/ other maintenance work for some of these college houses as a side gig. Property management company wouldn’t want that association because they would be sued by victims’ families and even if not it would put an abrupt end to their business.

If BK had mouth and nose covered as witness states, he may not have left any additional dna at the scene. The knife he chose is designed to silence and kill quickly. In my most humble opinion, I don’t anticipate him leaving additional dna at the scene since he killed his victims in their sleep and/or in a potentially inebriated state. My opinion only
IMO, we are sitting in an uncomfortable gap, without knowledge of future evidence and what it will be. This case is exceedingly difficult to see and anticipate. Possibly because motive remains elusive. MOO

I wouldn't mind a PI looking at the DM's, my problem would be that info then getting leaked to the public, IMO. But in thinking about it, aren't the PI and LE pretty much doing the same thing right now? Wouldn't the PI have to turn info over to the LE anyway, since a case is already legally started and PI's don't technically bring charges? Maybe it's just to cover every angle, just in case? IMO?
I don't think a PI could get access to a deceased person's SM accounts. There's a federal law in debate around the legality of it and all of those companies have taken steps to only offer the families the ability to either memorialize accounts or delete them, AFAIK. They would never be allowed access to the messages.

There are a lot of people who were linked to these victims via SM who also need their privacy protected. MOO

And the fact that BKs DNA being strategically located on the sheath snap in a precise little location is incredulous at best. If BK used that knife and sheath, perhaps to kill, his DNA would be all over it, along with blood. At best, the dna on the sheath shows that BK touched that sheath snap at one time and it could have been ten years ago.
LE reported the DNA on the sheath snap in the PCA. IMO, because having his dna on the snap proves that BK has opened or closed that very knife sheath at some point, also due to different materials holding DNA differently.
What LE did not say was if BKs dna was or was not anywhere else on the sheath, anywhere on the victims, anywhere in the rooms, on the doorknobs etc.
MOO: Also I am pretty sure you can distinguish the age of the DNA based on the degradation level and conditions and no, touch DNA should not last 10 years under normal conditions, more like weeks or months.
and was simply waiting for the right moment to strike.
And he thought the right moment was minutes after door dash departed? I am still so confused by BKs logic.

Last edited:
Can you remember the source that poster was using? Just curious!
Attorney LaBar in PA mentioned in several interviews that everytime BK would start to talk about anything to do with the Idaho murders that he would stop BK, telling him that he was only representing him with regard to the extradition issue, and he didn't want BK to talk about the charges against him from Idaho.

If BK's DNA is on the sheath,. Is that saying no one else's DNA is on it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks