ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
How, do you suppose? Aside from closing arguments. Explanations are great - but juries want evidence and will be instructed by the judge to go on evidence (NOT on explanations).

Then they should make sure the jury is not local (or rural if venue is changed). Having lived in rural areas most of my life, this would not convince me because it's very easy to be in the same neighborhood daily on the way to the gym or grocery store or bank. If Pullman/Moscow is anything like the small towns I'm familiar with 's not at all unusual for residents to cross the border for all kinds of things on a daily basis.

MOO

With the state police and the FBI assisting, surely surely surely they went after the plumbing. I mean, if we're all sitting here as amateurs clamoring for the plumbing, in the name of all that's holy, I will despair in nobody in three groups of professionals thinks to check the plumbing in BOTH houses.
With the extremely limited time frame BK would have had to commit these crimes, I can't picture there being time to wash up at 1122 King Road. Now Pullman, that's a whole other thing. Yet AFAIK it doesn't appear in the search warrant we're seeing.

JMHO

Per the timeline, BK does the deeds then passes by Dylan's room on his way out, possibly leaving a latent shoe print. I guess that rules out the idea that he wore protective booties. Maybe that was obvious but it just dawned on me. ;)

So, doesn't it seem there would be other prints leading to the latent print?

The public is requiring more and more irrefutable proof these days and even 99.999% of anything isn't good enough. I don't understand how we have come from a "reasonable doubt" to you must prove your case conclusively, with all biological, electronic, histrionic, and phycological evidence before a jury can say, "We the Jury find the defendant guilty." IMO the Watershed has swung so far. Truly sad IMO

How it happened is the number of innocent people locked away for decades. This is a consequence, unfortunately.

MOO.

Is it possible that LE said "top and bottom of mattress cover" to mean the fitted and flat sheet? There are so many other word usages for "sheet" that it might be something they've changed to avoid confusion, perhaps.
My daughter is in college housing right now and has a full zippered cover to her (school provided) mattress with a top and bottom and a zipper that goes all the way around to connect the top/bottom. The mattress itself is coated in plastic like a crib mattress. The cover is also a little padded to make it more comfortable.

I'm sure there were additional search warrants in PA, and for the Elantra, but they aren't included in the document released today. They did, however, include his WSU office (alongside his WA apartment, in the warrant released today), but apparently did not find / seize anything from it.
I was wondering if a warrant was served on WSU's IT dept for BK's worksite internet history.

The phone data and DNA alone will bury him. He had no business being in that area (months before, day after) , and his DNA had no business being on that sheath.

And if this instagram thing is accurate, that’s enough without any of the evidence that is currently being processed.

Gotta wonder what info his car's onboard computer gathers. Until the Suzanne Morphew case, I had been unaware of the trove of data that is collected in modern cars. Timestamped car/driver interactions (door open/closed, headlights on/off, gear put in drive/park/reverse, etc, etc, etc) should prove damning IF a 2016 Elantra stores that information.

If that Elantra also stores its onboard gps history, BK is effed.

Per the timeline, BK does the deeds then passes by Dylan's room on his way out, possibly leaving a latent shoe print. I guess that rules out the idea that he wore protective booties. Maybe that was obvious but it just dawned on me. ;)

The distance from the one bloody footprint noted in the PCA to the nearest victim would mean there would have to be other footprints.
As far as when the specific footprint was left outside DM's door, all we can say with certainty is that it was made after someone was stabbed (hence the blood). But it could have been left at the point where the killer was going between the two murder bedrooms - from X's room to M's, or vice versa, depending on the order of the murders. Or, as you suggested, on his way out of the scene as he passed by DM.

Either way, you're right. The whole forensic booties theory is blown.

I was wondering if a warrant was served on WSU's IT dept for BK's worksite internet history.
IMO, he probably did not have a computer in his office. Most grad student offices have a few desks and a lamp if you're lucky, so he probably brought a laptop in (which hopefully they found during a search of his family home in PA!).

It sounds like his apartment at WSU included internet, and I'm sure he most often connected to on campus WiFi (Eduroam), so it's possible they would still need to access the network to get a full picture of his data. I just think the devices would be his own.

The booties, if he wore them, could have been soaked with blood to the point they tore. I hope they have other shoe prints. I just can’t imagine that they wouldn’t considering there was a lot of blood at the scene per the coroner.

Idaho murders - updates: Bryan Kohberger ‘co-defendant’ theory debunked as hit-and-run revealed

The Independent
Rachel Sharp and Andrea Blanco
Wed, January 18, 2023 at 12:25 PM EST

"A prominent attorney has debunked speculation that suspected killer Bryan Kohberger had an accomplice in the stabbing murders of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin in Moscow, Idaho, on 13 November.

Duncan Levin, former assistant district attorney in the Manhattan DA’s office and attorney at Levin & Associates, spoke to The Independent about the criminal case against the 28-year-old PhD student.

Last week, Mr Kohberger’s attorney filed a discovery request, asking to receive all discovery from the prosecution within 14 days. In the filing, the defence requested information about a “co-defendant” in the case, prompting speculation that there may be evidence suggesting he had an accomplice – or that the defence could seek to argue that as part of its case.

However, Mr Levin explained that this is just “very standard requests as part of the defence’s discovery request”, adding: “I don’t think I would make much hay of that.”

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that a hit-and-run unfolded outside of Mr Kohberger’s home on the same night of the murders. It is not clear if Mr Kohberger witnessed the hit-and-run which took place within the eyeline of his apartment."

Idaho murders - updates: Bryan Kohberger ‘co-defendant’ theory debunked as hit-and-run revealed

The public is requiring more and more irrefutable proof these days and even 99.999% of anything isn't good enough. I don't understand how we have come from a "reasonable doubt" to you must prove your case conclusively, with all biological, electronic, histrionic, and phycological evidence before a jury can say, "We the Jury find the defendant guilty." IMO the Watershed has swung so far. Truly sad IMO
Some of this is from the so-called CSI Effect, which has been around for years. Essentially, jurors who watch a lot of crime TV often have unrealistic expectations of what evidence will exist at a crime scene. They expect to see loads of forensic evidence, and when it's not there, they automatically assume it's a bad case.

As someone previously noted, some of the doubt is, no doubt, due to people being cognizant of cases when innocent people went to jail. But some of it is also people who learned everything they know about crime and law from TV shows and thinking it's real life. MOO

They do shed just not nearly as much as other dogs. IMO there were Murphy hairs all over the house and it transferred onto BK, who knows maybe Kaylee even played with Murphy when they got home and had hairs on her that transferr

Why Launder & Return Clothing, etc? Just Ditch?
What would be the point of returning the clothes when he could just ditch them? I can’t see him going through all that trouble, possibly being seen on video going to a laundromat, on video returning the clothes, witnesses to both activities, etc. He’s careless, but I don’t see the point. moo.
@AlisRedHat
One thing comes to mind: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

But yes, laundering & returning the merch may provide more corroborating evd against him.

OTOH, if he disposed (burn, toss on roadside or in river/lake?) of the merch it's possible that someone in the vicinity would see and remember. Maybe put in dumpster in neighborhood other thsn his own?

Last edited:
This argument would not convince me as a juror, knowing how close the towns are and having lived in rural areas myself.
I think some of this also stems from everyone have a different definition of rural. As someone who lives in a much more rural place and smaller town than Moscow (it's like triple the size of the town I live near), it astonishes me to see people call it a small town. But undoubtedly to someone from a larger city, it does seem small. MOO

I think the evidence is far from overwhelming right now. Many cases with far more evidence are tried all the time and some of those people even get off... reasonable doubt.
I agree. But there's all kinds of evidence. With evidence, it's far more about quality over quantity. A few pieces of quality circumstantial or direct evidence can absolutely nail a defendant. But a mountain of flimsy evidence is the stuff reasonable doubt is made of.

JMHO

Hi - I don't post really, but had a thought that I'd like to throw out and see what comments you guys might have. KB did kill these kids - didn't spare the two but was disciplined, times up, time to leave, sort of. The whole thing thoroughly planned, thought out, etc., but not planned to avoid being caught but planned not to see a conviction.
It's intriguing that no-one thinks he didn't do it, everyone wants to fry him, but maybe that's not of interest to him - maybe he's trying to prove that it doesn't mean anything to be charged with a crime if you don't get convicted. And maybe he's put this together with just enough confusion and doubt that he will not be convicted. Perhaps it's his statement/ perspective of the criminal justice system on a different level which would reconcile his doctoral intelligence with this inexplicable crime.
I don't know that I'm even making much sense LOL - but it crossed my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member