ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these are all honest cops. Why taint evidence when there may be so much rock solid good stuff existing? imo. For instance, I do think that when bk got back to his Pullman apt. after his murders, he must have felt safe and let his guard down a little. say he just plops down on his bed a moment to catch his breath, thus could have let blood in his hair leave those spots on his pillow, and that on his clothing on the mattress pad. just moo.
I absolutely believe that everyone did the best possible job in getting probable cause to arrest this monster. I don’t think the evidence was tainted, I have just seen what an expensive experienced defense team can do. I saw it in OJ, I saw it with Barry Morphew. As Fry said, they weren’t looking for an arrest, they want the conviction. I want enough evidence that no one can ever say this might not be the guy. I don’t want to see things thrown out, I want so many pieces that if something is ruled inadmissible, there is so much that it doesn’t matter.

Because he knows it's not the blood of the victims? He knows the spots were there before the murders so is not worried about them?
I bet you're right. I don't know why I was thinking these "spots" would be huge, gigantic ones. They are probably just a couple of drops. And they are probably his.

And Hollywood makes it look easy to disarm a perpetrator with a knife. Those young people were likely asleep, struggling to wake to assess, or shocked in disbelief at what was unfolding. <modsnip> My opinion only.
I've worked with a self-defense on disarming someone with a knife. It's not easy when you are in a class, in the middle of the day, with a fake knife, and you are 100% awake <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been thinking about this. When she sees the evidence, if it’s very apparent that he did it, how hard will she go to poke holes? I hope she wouldn’t be “Jose Baez-like” in unscrupulous-ness (IMO). Or even like those Jodi Arias defense attorneys, who I felt acted deplorably.

Might she try to broker a plea for him? Might she just stick with legal issues regarding admissibility of evidence, etc., to protect his rights? I hope she doesn’t go for a bogus SODDI defense (if no evidence of such exists).

I wonder if BKs family could convince him to plead guilty (if it could mean potentially avoiding the DP.) Does he care enough about them that if they tried to persuade him, he’d listen?

MOO.
It is ever not the responsibility of the defense attorney to take the place of a jury; her job will be to zealously defend him just as if he were innocent.

Nothing definite rules out that possibility atm I suppose. Unfortunately the evidence per PCA so far doesn't really paint such a picture, the repeated barking that is on the audio occurs at c 4.17am, at which point, if I read the PCA right, BK (alleged killer) is thought to be about to exit the premises (ie seen leaving neighbourhood at speed at 4.20am). My feeling is that if that is a hair from Murphy from BK's appartment, he likely just picked it up in one of the rooms as he was moving throughout the house..on his clothing or shoes for eg...then transferred back to his place. MOO

The dog could have barked at some other point, but if so we aren't privy to that info. I feel sure LE would have examined the dog minutely. Nothing was ever released to suggest the dog had blood on it, but you're right in that LE have not ruled it out. MOO

I have security cameras, and they're triggered by motion, not sound, so if the neighbor's camera is anything like mine, some sort of movement within its detection range triggered it to start recording, and while it was recording it picked up the barking.

As you say, there's the possibility the dog was barking non-stop for minutes, but until motion triggered the camera, it didn't start recording, so we don't know. JMOO, that tells me something or someone (BK?) was outside at that time and tripped the camera's motion detector.

In addition to the barking, they almost certainly have some video that shows someone or something. MOO

So
Does it mean that all evidence is gathered?

I mean - all traces are already examined??
I don't think so, but I am not an expert. I think the prosecution has to hand over everything they currently have per the request of the defense. I am not sure if they currently have results for the searches done after his arrest. I expect as new evidence comes to the prosecution, it will be handed over to the defense as it comes in. JMO

Who, if not an obsessed person, would (allegedly) slaughter 4 people in one go???
JMO
"Obsessed," like other words we've seen used in this case (when the BK relative tossed out "OCD" when he has not been diagnosed, so far as we know) has meaning both in ordinary discourse as well as in professional contexts. I'm not a psychologist but I can say that some people are "obsessed" with K-Pop or TikTok or NFL football without meeting any sort of diagnostic criteria.

It's possible, I think, for a fairly cold-blooded person to wonder what mass murder is like, decide to find out, and then carry out the crime. I don't think, for example, the Pennsylvania spree killer Stanley Hoss (1960s-70s) had obsessive thoughts. He was an opportunist. He had a chance to escape jail, so he did. He had a chance to rape a woman, so he did. He had a chance to shoot and kill a police officer, which would allow more escape, so he did. He had a chance to kidnap and kill a woman and her child when he stole her car, so he did. In prison, after he was caught, he had a chance to kill a corrections officer, so he and other inmates did. With no more thought than an eagle catching a fish for dinner.

If only Murphy were a hound dog type. :)
If someone tried to murder me, my pit bull/ shepherd/ malamute would make sure that they leave the scene with enough fur stuck to their black clothing to build a stuffed animal replica of himself.

Hopefully Murphy is at least a low-medium shedder! I don’t think it’s likely that BK spent any time with Murph, but there could certainly have been some fur that transferred from the house or Maddie’s bedding. Fingers crossed. I really want to know what they found (if anything) in his car and his parents’ trash.

I have security cameras, and they're triggered by motion, not sound, so if the neighbor's camera is anything like mine, some sort of movement within its detection range triggered it to start recording, and while it was recording it picked up the barking.

As you say, there's the possibility the dog was barking non-stop for minutes, but until motion triggered the camera, it didn't start recording, so we don't know. JMOO, that tells me something or someone (BK?) was outside at that time and tripped the camera's motion detector.

In addition to the barking, they almost certainly have some video that shows someone or something. MOO
Wow, great point! I wonder what the range on the neighbor’s camera was and what it may have picked up.

And I am wishing there is utmost justice for them. Would be nice if they were immortalized with a scholarship fund or monument around town so they are never forgotten.
IMO: a fundraiser could be started to buy the house and property, tear-it-down, start a holy, sacred space with beautiful gardens to lovingIdaho4. This effort happened when the space-shuttle blew apart (teacher Sharon Christa McAuliffe ) and the entire crew died. The garden and artwork, is magnificent and very respectful. Peaceful and love filled.

"Obsessed," like other words we've seen used in this case (when the BK relative tossed out "OCD" when he has not been diagnosed, so far as we know) has meaning both in ordinary discourse as well as in professional contexts. I'm not a psychologist but I can say that some people are "obsessed" with K-Pop or TikTok or NFL football without meeting any sort of diagnostic criteria.

It's possible, I think, for a fairly cold-blooded person to wonder what mass murder is like, decide to find out, and then carry out the crime. I don't think, for example, the Pennsylvania spree killer Stanley Hoss (1960s-70s) had obsessive thoughts. He was an opportunist. He had a chance to escape jail, so he did. He had a chance to rape a woman, so he did. He had a chance to shoot and kill a police officer, which would allow more escape, so he did. He had a chance to kidnap and kill a woman and her child when he stole her car, so he did. In prison, after he was caught, he had a chance to kill a corrections officer, so he and other inmates did. With no more thought than an eagle catching a fish for dinner.
I'm with you. My theory for why he did this is simple: his studies were almost over and he didn't have a clear idea of what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. He was obviously fascinated by crime (getting his Ph.D. in criminology) so maybe he just decided he'd commit murder and see what it felt like and if he could get away with it. He didn't necessarily want to get caught, but also didn't really mind if he did. After all, he could use his time in prison to write his murder memoirs and maybe even employee his "famous" prior professor to co-author his book.

IMO: a fundraiser could be started to buy the house and property, tear-it-down, start a holy, sacred space with beautiful gardens to lovingIdaho4. This effort happened when the space-shuttle blew apart (teacher Sharon Christa McAuliffe ) and the entire crew died. The garden and artwork, is magnificent and very respectful. Peaceful and love filled.
That's a wonderful idea and I think a garden space would look lovely right there.

The PCA says Xana's cellular phone indicated she was likely awake and using the tik tok app. at 4:12 (top of page 4)
Since I don't know much about tik tok I looked this up: how to tell if someone is active. Not so absolute, it is not like FB or messenger. JMO

I just read the PCA...... and started crying at the end. So extremely sad. This should not have happened. <modsnip - unnecessary>

This is the December 5 update.

• There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the morning of November 13th. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.

I think Murphy was crated.

Agree.

Yet, in this case he seemed to (allegedly) "live and breathe" crime, no?

I mean - he studied criminology, loved talking about "criminal minds" (according to his friends), in free time it seems he (allegedly) engaged in stalking.

And as soon as he found himself far away from family home - this tragedy happened - and HE is the only suspect/defendant.

So, if this is not a kind of obsession, then what is? :rolleyes:

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads