ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Crazy people don't do things for NO reason, they do things for CRAZY reasons!

I think your hypothesis is well put and applies to serial killers and many of those who murder strangers for no apparent reason.
Within the craze there will be a motivation based on self interest one way or another.

In this case MOO boy wants girl, girl wants no part of boy, maybe unaware boy exists except as a pesty request on IG.
Boy tortured by his own inadequacies projects rejection into a “system” of girls who conspire to keep worthy men such as himself from becoming boyfriends.
The viewpoint that he is being intentionally hurt and his desire for the girl join up for a strong impulse to end the situation. Decides on a “victory” for himself by using his superior force.
Oops, lots of folks in the way, regrettable but not a big deal. Boy is crazy (fractured) feels he won by ending her.

Could be. I still think it's hard to believe. For him to have done this alone in that amount of time, everything had to have aligned just right. And maybe that's what happened, I don't know. He does look guilty. But I don't know.

If Hollywood had written this script, I'd find all kinds of holes in it. Just weird that this is real life.
I hear you but life isn't tidy. Police readily admit that, when solving crimes, some questions are never answered unless the suspect confesses - for exactly that reason. People recover from things that should have killed them. People die from things they should recover from. People lived on 9/11 because they were late to work. Someone misses being in a accident waiting on someone to turn. In a movie, I'm sure they would never have had Dylan's see him but BK not see Dylan, but that's apparently what happened.

To me, ambient light in the house is pretty logical. Xana had been up to receive that Door Dash order just minutes before. If she was eating, she probably had some lights on. In a house where you have to leave your room to pee, often times a little tipsy, I think it makes a lot of sense to leave some light on overnight. If for no other reason than to make sure anyone who has to barf actually gets to the bathroom in time. LOL MOOooo

Are the three confirmed by name? I saw the Newsweek article mentioning CK(N) and two others - but no names. Do we know if any of them were currently represented?

Edited: Found it

just leaves me wondering how small the attorney pool is there.

I hear you but life isn't tidy. Police readily admit that, when solving crimes, some questions are never answered unless the suspect confesses - for exactly that reason. People recover from things that should have killed them. People die from things they should recover from. People lived on 9/11 because they were late to work. Someone misses being in a accident waiting on someone to turn. In a movie, I'm sure they would never have had Dylan's see him but BK not see Dylan, but that's apparently what happened.

To me, ambient light in the house is pretty logical. Xana had been up to receive that Door Dash order just minutes before. If she was eating, she probably had some lights on. In a house where you have to leave your room to pee, often times a little tipsy, I think it makes a lot of sense to leave some light on overnight. If for no other reason than to make sure anyone who has to barf actually gets to the bathroom in time. LOL MOOooo

But we don't know that he didn't see Dylan, do we?

Noted with thanks.

Motive is unclear at this point to me.

"Bryan Kohberger wants prosecutors to hand over the results of any drug tests performed by Idaho state officials investigating the brutal murders of the four University of Idaho students."

Victim blaming. It doesn't matter what the victims did/or did not have in their systems. Motive usually falls into categories (ie: sexual, jealousy, rejection, etc) but basically, a killer of this degree has a croxx-wired brain and does not think, rationalize, or act like " normal" people. MOO OMO

Last edited:
SBMFF

Regarding the fact his house was known as a party house, and there has been at least 1 time a party was going on with none of the residents in attendance... that has made me question for a while now whether or not BK ever entered the house pretending to be a partier and got a good feel for the layout. It wasn't the most straightforward layout like a ranch-style house would have (1 hallway, rooms on either side and possibly 1 at the end). So I'm very curious if he's been inside before that night. And if he had, he had other opportunities to get dog hair on him that could have been brought back home.

"None of the occupants who live at this address are here right now. So now you have a house full of random people. You need to let them know that the noise needs to come down."

That's a bit wierd, if it wasn't my house fine, but if my stuff was in the house, I wouldn't be happy.
But then again, was this before the new term started, and some different people also lived there.
In the UK uni term starts middle sept for Freshers week then the week after for the others

Some people always leave lights on in certain places. I have for years, because we live in a rural area and there are no street lights anywhere near our house. So you either need strategic ambient light, or I would have to turn on a lamp and wake up Hubby for any night time pit stop.

I also looked it up and the moon was 81% size the night of the murder. Not sure about the weather, whether it might have been cloudy, etc., but it seems like there was plenty of moon to offer some light.

As I recall, it was extraordinarily foggy that night (11/12-11/13/22)? It was either that night or the next night (11/13-11/14/2022). So much tragedy, those two nights are a blur for me.

Could possibly be that.
how do you go in a house, when it's dark, and know your getting to the victim you want ?
And not falling over something or tripping over, maybe he was watching the proposed victim, and new which room. Was there any light do we know , say street lights, forgive me if this has already been discussed, because it must be very difficult to do all that in the dark

Yeh, they had a couple of neon signs in the hallways. My guess is he may have also had a small spotlight. Who knows.

But he had the element of surprise in his favor. :(

Within the craze there will be a motivation based on self interest one way or another.

In this case MOO boy wants girl, girl wants no part of boy, maybe unaware boy exists except as a pesty request on IG.
Boy tortured by his own inadequacies projects rejection into a “system” of girls who conspire to keep worthy men such as himself from becoming boyfriends.
The viewpoint that he is being intentionally hurt and his desire for the girl join up for a strong impulse to end the situation. Decides on a “victory” for himself by using his superior force.
Oops, lots of folks in the way, regrettable but not a big deal. Boy is crazy (fractured) feels he won by ending her.
Good point on self interest. The alleged Killer (BK) would have followed his own logic in his planning and in justifying his motivation (whatever it was), IMO. Regardless of how perverse it might appear to others, I imagine it was logical to BK and driven by self interest. I imagine psychological needs/conflicts that he had to ease or satisfy...something ultimately unfathomable to most and even to himself. That is not to say at all that he didn't have intent to kill and that he didn't know exactly what he was doing - committing murder. MOO

My take is that he (a) didn't see her because line of sight intent on leaving, looking toward exit, focussed on getting out, in combo with low lighting. This doesn't seem impossible or really improbable IMO, or (b) did glimpse/notice her, but in another mind space, exhausted etc, so again just focused on getting out. Seems probable/possible to me too.
We don't have any idea of what is in Dylan's full witness statement to LE. Did he stare fully at her and still leave as she stood frozen? Possibly. Either way he left without harming her, thank God. MOO

Your welcome.

This whole thing is ridiculous. They should move the trial to a larger city that can handle it and that can access a normal attorney for him.

This Moscow DA won't even make up their minds about pursuing the DP. If they don't pursue it then they won't need AT as an attorney.
A couple of points.

First, Latah County’s PA (prosecuting attorney) will make a decision about whether or not to pursue capital punishment within the time frame specified by Idaho Code. That’s his job & he’s very good at it. For those unfamiliar with his extensive & highly respected experience:
Bill Thompson

IIRC, he secured the first “no body” homicide conviction in the State of Idaho in the murder of Rachel Anderson.

Second, I think arguing for a change of venue is extremely premature, MOO. Local/regional news coverage here has been far more restrained/responsible than elsewhere. To just assume it would be impossible to find an unbiased jury here is actually a bit insulting, MOO.

Of course, I fully expect the defense to try, but I hope that effort fails. The crime was committed here, and the trial — if there is one — should take place here unless it’s proven, not merely speculated, that an impartial jury cannot be seated. I have confidence in the ability of Latah County citizens to deliver justice for this heinous tragedy.

MOO.

Your welcome.

This whole thing is ridiculous. They should move the trial to a larger city that can handle it and that can access a normal attorney for him.

This Moscow DA won't even make up their minds about pursuing the DP. If they don't pursue it then they won't need AT as an attorney.

Neither the parties nor the DA nor the PD can simply transfer the trial to make sure there is no possibility that a COI issue could possibly arise IMO.

1. The issue of jurisdiction starts with Idaho Criminal Rule 19:

Place of Prosecution and Trial

Unless a statute or these rules permit otherwise, the government must prosecute an offense in the county in which the alleged offense was committed.

2. Any decision to move the case to another county would be for the court to make, and the decision would be constrained by Idaho Criminal Rule 21:

Transfer for Trial

A motion for transfer may be made at or before arraignment or at any other time the court or these rules prescribe.

(a) For Prejudice. On motion of either party, the court must transfer the proceeding to another county if the court is satisfied that a fair and impartial trial cannot be had in the county where the case is pending.

(b) For Convenience. On motion of the defendant, the court may transfer the proceeding to another county, for the convenience of parties and witnesses, and in the interest of justice.

-----

The DA has until 60 days after BK enters a plea of not guilty to notify the court that he will seek the death penalty, so AT will be needed for a long time.

If the DA does not file the notice by the deadline, that is a decision not to seek the death penalty. But by then (Fall 2023) AT will have so much time in the case it will not be in her clients interest to remove her IMO.

Your welcome.

He hasn't even been bound over for trial yet. Why do you think they "can't make up their mind" when he hasn't even had his preliminary? JMO

They have no obligation to do that until 60 days after he has made a plea of guilty or not guilty. He's not even made a plea yet. They're not dragging their feet. This is just a process that takes time. MOO

Thanks for reminding me. Your right, BK has not plead innocent or guilty yet so the DA can't really do anything.

I'm used to preliminary hearings being immediately and the defendant always pleads not guilty in a murder case. Then they have time to negotiate a plea deal later if they want to plead guilty.

So in June I expect BK to plead not guilty and then I think the DA will pursue the DP because I remember a parent saying they wanted it. How the parents feel about it might carry some weight.

Just recalled that after murders LE made a point of implying that both DM and BF were on first floor or if not that then they implied tha tneither had heard anything or been aware of some one being in the house. In retrospect, I assume that was to protect the surviving victims and also to indirectly make the perp feel that he was safe and hadn't been seen. MOO. This, more than anything else leads me to think that DM may have indicated to LE that she thought he hadn't seen her. MOO

Just recalled that after murders LE made a point of implying that both DM and BF were on first floor or if not that then they implied tha tneither had heard anything or been aware of some one being in the house. In retrospect, I assume that was to protect the surviving victims and also to indirectly make the perp feel that he was safe and hadn't been seen. MOO. This, more than anything else leads me to think that DM may have indicated to LE that she thought he hadn't seen her. MOO

See, to me it implies the opposite. IMO, it makes me think that maybe Dylan wasn't sure he saw her or Dylan thought maybe he did see her and they were trying to protect her.

I also think part of that was to protect Dylan from the media who would have been all over her until BK was identified and arrested.

MOO

See, to me it implies the opposite. IMO, it makes me think that maybe Dylan wasn't sure he saw her or Dylan thought maybe he did see her and they were trying to protect her.

I also think part of that was to protect Dylan from the media who would have been all over her until BK was identified and arrested.

MOO
Could be, to me it's not really an issue whether he saw her or not. It's fine that Dylan may have been unsure whether she was seen. Any of those scenarios seem reasonable and possible, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member