ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the killer went off somewhere and killed himself.
They need a search warrant for the crime scene?

It’s always best for you to get a search warrant. If you have a warrant, you demonstrate good faith, and the defense has a burden of proving the warrant was invalid. If you don’t have a warrant, and you conduct a search, the burden of proving your search was legal, is on you.
This is the law where I live. Laws differ in all states, so I won’t speculate on what the law is, in Idaho.

There are of course exceptions to a search warrant, such as exigent circumstances. An example of exigent circumstances would be you are on patrol and you observe smoke and flames coming from a house. You ring the doorbell and get no answer. A neighbor runs outside and yells “PEOPLE ARE IN THERE”!! You kick in the door, to save lives, and find no people, but as you check the house, for people, you stumble across a bag of cocaine, a crack pipe and $200,000 in cash, all on the living room floor, out in the open. No, you don’t get to open kitchen cabinets, or desk drawers, because the people you are hoping to save can’t fit in there.

Responding to a call about an unconscious person, would be a medical emergency and would fall under exigent circumstances. That being said, after it’s determined that no one survived, I would back off and get a warrant.

What if the killer is a roommate? His attorney would almost certainly argue his client never gave consent for his bedroom to be searched and no warrant was issued. If he’s successful, any evidence found, like a bloody knife, can be ruled inadmissible. Nip all of that in the bud, by getting a warrant.

There are other exceptions to search warrants, such as plain view, the motor vehicle exception, consent, etc. All that aside, always get a warrant, unless there is no other way around it. You did your job, putting the bad guy in jail. Make the defense attorney do his job!

Actually, I disagree. They might have been drinking but they didn't look drunk to me. It simply looked like two friends messing around. Some people are just fun and extroverted, one of them was doing something with her phone, it almost seemed like she was showing her friend something, maybe a video, maybe a picture, maybe a text... Not saying that they weren't but, to me, they didn't look super drunk. And this is coming from someone who partied A LOT in college lol.
MM, to me, looked like she was intoxicated. She wasn't very steady on her feet, stumbles a few times. And I think the foot truck guy made a statement that they appeared a bit intoxicated. Not that it matters. Certainly nothing unusual about that for a college kid on a weekend night.

MM, to me, looked like she was intoxicated. She wasn't very steady on her feet, stumbles a few times. And I think the foot truck guy made a statement that they appeared a bit intoxicated. Not that it matters. Certainly nothing unusual about that for a college kid on a weekend night.
the food guy also mentions "welcome back". not sure whether they went to the truck earlier

the food guy also mentions "welcome back". not sure whether they went to the truck earlier
She had a rewards account on her app, so I took that to mean that they were just regulars there. It seemed like they knew the food truck worker. I can't imagine how he must be feeling. He sounded like such a nice guy on the audio. Heartbreaking.

* In case anyone’s wondering why I’m posting all these videos that pretty much say the same thing, and are older, you never know what might be important later that we’ll need to go back on, and of course visuals are very important and useful, especially the initial shots of LE on scene, witnesses, interviews, different angles of footage, etc.

Also, when high profile cases get really busy, as I think this will be, things can start to get lost/buried among all the media and videos, so I just wanted to at least have a basic and solid base/video timeline to start with for the initial videos. They can also be found in the future for reference in the Media Thread here, along with most of the articles posted to date in this thread, which as I mentioned I copied over. Thanks again for your posts I brought over, and please feel free to contribute and update of course!!

About the “unconscious person”. Maybe the 911 caller went in the house, saw one of the victims on the ground, ran outside and called 911. The dispatcher may have asked “does he/she have a pulse?” And caller may have responded “idk I just ran out of there!” And the dispatcher labeled it as unconscious person since it wasn’t known for sure.

I have no idea if that’s something a dispatcher would do but just speculating.

Great point, I just checked his fb as well and definitely some red flags. I'm curious to know how he was employed by the university
Yes they seemed super odd to me and maybe he saw her around campus ?? Maybe they don’t have enough evidence to say just get they have suspect In custody but maybe they are still pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong