ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I also think he will be convicted, my guess is that house is a MESS of unknown DNA from all of the many visitors who pass through. Unless LE has something damning like cutting himself and his blood mixing with victims', defense will argue that he was just a one-time partygoer who left innocuous DNA there on a separate visit. LE seems to have a lot of evidence tying him to the scene but IMO the DNA is going to be one of the items most hotly contested by defense
Not much to contest if his DNA is under fingernails, commingled with victims’ blood, etc.

thanks.

just read it

looks like the only ' source' for this news item from Daily Mail is a screen grab from Facebook where the name of the account holder is omitted.

This is all there is:
View attachment 391478
Anybody know if this source is real or verified elsewhere, such as another msm source?
How would a cop local to PA know that the victims had been stalked for weeks or know the forensics evidence from BK's own cell phone?
I saw that. I can’t imagine LE would share details like this?

His whole response to this thing shows that he's used to manipulating people. I highly doubt he was bullied. I think that was a sob story he told to justify his behavior in school
FWIW, he didn't say he was bullied; a HS classmate said she saw him being bullied and having things thrown at him. Not an excuse to murder four people, but he hasn't spoken yet.

While I also think he will be convicted, my guess is that house is a MESS of unknown DNA from all of the many visitors who pass through. Unless LE has something damning like cutting himself and his blood mixing with victims', defense will argue that he was just a one-time partygoer who left innocuous DNA there on a separate visit. LE seems to have a lot of evidence tying him to the scene but IMO the DNA is going to be one of the items most hotly contested by defense
IMO it most certainly has to be blood DNA left at the crime scene, and DNA that stood out. Otherwise IMO something like trace DNA, it would take two forevers to isolate that from the sea of DNA at a college party house!

I wonder if he didn't take a sharp elbow to the nose.

Blood trail identifying egress perhaps.

I also think that, if there has been spiraling since the commission of these crimes, it's due not to what was done but to knowing he left DNA. To me,  that's the sort of thing that could drive someone who is mad by our standards to go mad by his own.

JMO

Several of us have already commented saying that our parents would drive with us too. I said in the other thread that I never drive cross country alone and I'll make sure my kids don't either, even as adults. How many threads on this forum are about grown adults (many of them men) who are missing or their cars found abandoned on road trips? I don't think there's anything at all telling about Dad flying out to drive with him, except maybe that the family doesn't have significant money concerns. MOO
The alleged perp is also alleged to have asked while being arrested if anyone else was also arrested. I wonder if he was referring to or thinking about his father since he had been on the drive with him in the criminal vehicle, rather than some other third party who was with him at or around the crime scene?

I think it’s becoming more and more clear that LE was likely playing mind games with BK. Seems like the sort of thing an FBI profiler would carefully guide after they learned who he was and what he was about.

I think LE purposely misidentified the car as a 2013. Knowing that the nuances between that and the 2015 model would not be appreciated by most people. And that the public would still submit tips of any and all white Elantras. I think this purposeful misidentification with no attempt to educate the public on the differences is represented in their choice to put out a stock photo instead of an actual still from the video(s).

The reason for this misidentification? To put BK at ease. I still believe that he had been identified by LE within the first 2 weeks of the investigation from his license plate. And they dug through his life and released the Elantra flyer while waiting for the DNA to come back. There was hope that the flyer would illicit tips connecting BK to the crime without having tk mention his name and/or baiting him to come forward to clear his name under the guise of offering LE help. Getting closer to the investigation. As the profiler likely informed police he might.

The subsequent “22,000” Elantra’s press release always seemed oddly specific to me. As if it was carefully crafted. I think this was also done to put BK at ease and feed his ego. “LE is looking for 22,000 2013 Hyunda Elantras! Mine isn’t in that bunch”. I also suspect another reason they went with a stock photo is that they likely had identifying features or a plate that would have given away that they were on to him.

Why didn’t they want to spook BK? It’s not everyday you have a quadruple homicide suspect in your sights but don’t have enough to confidently arrest him considering circumstances. So they were buying time. I believe at this point they likely had cell phone info, his utility usage at his apartment that night, videos and other evidence putting him out of his house and near or at the crime scene. But how can they be confident with unknown DNA still floating around? So again, they bought time. To make sure the DNA (likely waiting on familial, this wait can be unpredictable) backed up their evidence before making an arrest. As the entire world was watching.
I disagree. While they might have had their eyes on him for longer than we know, I don't think that LE was messing around with him. That sounds like something that happens in FBI movies and not real life. IMO.

Bryan Kohberger seems inclined not to fight Idaho authorities wanting him in their jurisdiction ASAP -- but sounds confident he'll beat the charges ... according to his lawyer.

Jason LaBar -- Kohberger's extradition hearing attorney -- tells TMZ his client is, for now, likely to waive his right to have his looming transportation back to ID heard in front of a judge ... which, if it holds true, would mean Kohberger will get shipped back Latah County this upcoming week without any further delay -- where he'd be expected to enter a plea.

While LaBar notes Kohberger has neither denied or admitted to the charges against him -- implicitly or explicitly -- he did say his client told him he felt he would be exonerated, which obviously suggests he believes he's innocent.

We're told Kohberger and his parents are shocked by his arrest -- telling us their home in PA was descended upon by feds very early Friday morning ... where they were surrounded by law enforcement and instructed to comply, which LaBar says Kohberger did without issue.

Thanks

snipped by me - just for the CNN quote.

so we all guessing that the mechanic might be the tip-off? Or is it too much of a stretch for a mechanic to call in an Elantra 2015 when LE thousands miles away appealed for a 2011-13 Elantra?

Notice that BK has changed his career ambition again. ( So far we heard he'd mentioned a career in forensics, psychology and LE)
This article is pretty emphatic that he's only been a suspect for a few days, and that genetic genealogy is what connected him to the crime.

Thinking about the stalker motive. One has to remember that the girls were very exposed on social media. In fact one report said her address was on a cash pay app. These habits can be very inviting to the wrong person. Even if this turns out not to be the case, let it be a lesson to protect your kids on-line.
It should also be a lesson for ‘kids’ or anyone else to do their own due diligence & practice safety first. Parents can only do so much for their kids…

The DM certainly has a reputation, I wouldn't call it good.

Blood Oozes Through Walls anyone?

But it has been allowed on this thread.
Say what you want about DM, but they do get the stories quickly and have the best/most pictures. The writers are horrible, the details are often not exactly factual.

I think his main focus on drive home was to get rid of that Elantra, stat! But he had to do it in a way that wasn’t obvious to his parents. He couldn’t sell it or destroy it, or fake a theft in Washington. But might be a possibility in Pennsylvania. If it was registered in his mom’s name he needed her to sell it. Maybe he told them it wasn’t safe to drive, rattling making funny noises etc and that’s why dad flew out to help him drive home?

But new and used cars are very pricey right now and his parents had historical financial problems. If he couldn’t convince mommy to buy him a new ride, maybe he was going to just get into an accident there in Pennsylvania over the break? Smash it into a tree, total it and get a different car…

I find that part stranger than the Dad flying out. But maybe he had anxiety around flying or something. Do we know when his school starts classes back up? At my college we ere out for about 6 weeks around the holidays. We didn't go back until late January. I remember going home during that time and it was a pain to get around and meet up with friends because I didn't have a car. If his school is out for that long, I could see an argument for wanting a car to get places. Just a thought. MOO
Just did a similar trip with my college kid (1400 miles). He had a dog coming with that couldn't fly. Lots of bad weather in December was a worry for a single driver with little credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member