ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. X-Ray vision perhaps but I have a hard time believing her statement.
moo
Also.....Do they house MALE and FEMALE detainees in close proximity to each other as it would be this case?

I don't know if this has been pointed out but if not I will because it is certainly noticeable to me. (from link below)

WHAT DO WE NOT SEE HERE ?

1672702803369.png.

I see no scratches whatsoever. No claw marks, no gouges. Nothing but a slight redness at the very top of the throat. Even under large magnification nothing is visible. The time since November 13th would not be enough to heal any significant mark completely.

We know that the reference "some" of the victims had defensive wounds has always been used. Some is certainly more than one--it could be 2, 3 or all 4. One of the things I HIGHLY doubt is that none of the girls would have attempted to scratch his face in their struggle to avoid death. And the fingernails of females can do significant damage.

So this means that there cannot be any hoped-for skin cells at least from his face under their fingernails because there is no evidence of where it could have originated. The prosecution cannot merely speculate that he covered his face with a mask, the defense lawyer would force them to produce evidence of it.

If the rest of his body looks like this and if they cannot find that mask or prove one was used, this is a problem for the prosecution. It is certainly a factor which is exculpatory.

Anyone with procedural insight know how the car will be handled? Will FBI process it in PA, or will it be sent to ID and processed there?
also, would the FBI or other LE debrief the service place to find out what they did wih the car?

Last edited:
Sorry but I’m having some trouble with posting. I didn’t want it to appear as though I had hijacked someone else’s post.

Quote posted by @arielilene: Moscow Police, ID State Police, and thee: Moscow Police, ID State Police, and the FBI got a lot of criticism but have done a fabulous job. I bet they spent no time with their own families during the holiday because of working this case. Admire the dedication and praising LE for the work they did and will continue to do going forward.

Moreover, IMO, the press conference provided clear explanation and gave the public as much as they possibly could and layperson could understand. Affidavit is always sealed until initial appearance, when charges will be read to BK. MOO.
My response: I agree, and kudos to all LE involved for coming together and selflessly pouring their heart and soul into this investigation over the holidays. Although it seems like an eternity to the families, I’m actually quite surprised to see an arrest this “soon”, especially with the number of public tips and evidence from 4 murders to sort through. I bet there was some loud rejoicing when the DNA results came in!!!

Snipped by me.

I’m so glad someone (and one other poster earlier) has said something about BTK daughter. Let me just say, how absolutely awful what she has gone through, BUT I agree with not understanding the fascination from her and others in linking BK and BTK. I understand the link with the professor and the book, but seems like another way to bring attention back to herself.

i dunno... daughter of this notorious killer.... I don't blame her one bit. Her life has been governed by this father, and when things like this create connections and comparisons.... I too, would be more connected to what is going on. Let her be. Let it Be.

I see no scratches whatsoever. No claw marks, no gouges. Nothing but a slight redness at the very top of the throat. Even under large magnification nothing is visible. The time since November 13th would not be enough to heal any significant mark completely.
It's been like 5 weeks or something right? Unless you have some serious disease, chronic illness or are quite old, stuff can and will heal in much less time.

I don't know if this has been pointed out but if not I will because it is certainly noticeable to me. (from link below)

View attachment 391765.

We know that the reference "some" of the victims had defensive wounds has always been used. Some is certainly more than one--it could be 2, 3 or all 4. One of the things I HIGHLY doubt is that none of the girls would have attempted to scratch his face in their struggle to avoid death. And the fingernails of females can do significant damage.

So this means that there cannot be any hoped-for skin cells at least from his face under their fingernails because there is no evidence of where it could have originated. The prosecution cannot merely speculate that he covered his face with a mask, the defense lawyer would force them to produce evidence of it.

If the rest of his body looks like this and if they cannot find that mask or prove one was used, this is a problem for the prosecution. It is certainly a factor which is exculpatory.

With his height over them while they slept it would have been hard for them to reach up and make contact with his torso up.

Jmo

IMO That might be why his lawyer said he can't remember that statement. If someone else was there or he knows who committed the crime, he can't say it because that would implicate himself being there participating or to him being an accessory.
I don’t believe he would have even had a lawyer when he made that statement, unless he asked the question several hours after being arrested.

View attachment 391765.

I dunno - I think most scratches inflicted by fingernails would heal in 7 weeks' time.

Tbh it’s ridiculous lol. I’m also instantly suspicious of anyone who is more than willing to publicize the fact that they were in jail…

At this point I might as well send something in to DM and see if they post it.
tried looking up VC in the Monroe County jail register and she did not come up, but she says she was released so maybe not in there

MOO

First time chiming in on the case, but I have been following the threads since the beginning.

• I don’t read too much into him being 28 years old and entering a PhD program. People of all ages attend school, especially PhD programs. However, if you are looking at the bigger picture, it seems that BK has stayed in or near his hometown up until he moved to WA for school. There has not been much reported work history or even dating history, and the car he has been using is registered to his parents. With these details combined one can assume that he has been pretty sheltered, never left his parent’s home, and seriously lacked normal socialization patterns throughout his life. He may have had friends here and there, but from what has been reported, most of the friends report that he was creepy or awkward. Within 2 months of living away from home for the first time, he carries out a gruesome mass killing. Due to this reason, I don’t believe he has carried out a murder before. He needed the space and distance from his family to avoid detection.
  • Obviously, it is hard to speculate the motive or which victim(s) attracted him to 1122 King Road. However, throughout this case, I have constantly thought back to the Jamie Closs case where the perp targeted her because he saw her at the bus stop as he was driving to work one day. I figured that the person responsible in this case was someone who was close by but still out of town, which turned out to be true. It could have been just as simple as he saw one of the victims (likely one of the true housemates) and wanted to act out his desires. What was so special about that weekend? KG was in town, and that might have been the trigger. I suppose we will know more soon. Either way, he was filled with rage for what could have been brewing for a very long time.
  • The crime seems to have been committed fairly quickly, and any obstacles were quickly overcome. The surviving housemates didn’t hear anything, and he was able to flee the scene without being noticed. I believe this took at least one prior occurrence of observing the home and activities of its occupants. I don’t think he just went in there blindly. He might have even known EC was there and attacked him first. Also could have used SM to further track their movements.
  • I am interested to see the information that unfolds in this case.
MOO

I wasn't aware there was confirmation that the 2015 Elantra was owned by BK's parents. Is there a link for this? I'm suspect here because using BK's name and birthdate on the Geico Auto quote comes back with the 2015 Elantra-- causing me to believe the vehicle is most likely owned by BK. And why wouldn't a former security guard, age 28, not own an 8-year-old vehicle?!

I very much agree about Jake Patterson (Jayme's abductor) intent on taking the teen after witnessing her once get on her school bus. Also, no sexual assault/motive, leaving no witnesses behind.

Considering BK's short tenure in the PNW and KG spending significant time at her family home and not in Moscow, I think it could easily be XC that was once seen by BK (versus KG) -- especially given her personal connection to WSU.

And assuming BK was armed only with a knife, to brazenly enter a residence occupied by six adults and not be caught was probably more about luck than skill.

MOO

I don't see it. And, I know a couple of lifelong addicts... one guy is in his 70's.

Drug users of opiates "generally" kill for $$. That's JMO.
I have a close family member who was and probably still is a meth user. It is pure he double LL to deal with. Meth users literally lose their minds. It is go go go for days til they crash. Steal from anybody. Lie. Live in their cars packed down with possessions and go from sofa to sofa.

Just reading about BK’s rapid weight loss (and ability to keep it off), the running long distances, gaunt looking, up all night per neighbors. Coffee drinking - which meth users do to boost their high with caffeine. I really believe meth was his thing. Not heroin. Would not doubt if he was using meth in WA.

@10sofRods, I didn’t get to reply to you on last thread. These threads move so fast I can’t keep up. I wanted to tell you i watched an interview with BTK’s daughter and she said she heard the woman who taught Bryan Kohburger is the same one who interviewed her dad and became close to him. She said she became physically ill when she read that.

She also said its wrong for doctors to say the psychopath never shows empathy or doesn’t know how. She said when she was growing up with her dad, he was just a loving dad and she never saw the BTK side. She began to cry and I really feel for her.

I don’t know how you and others can study crimes and the people who commit the crimes. I am glad you will be getting out of it soon. It seems our world has more really sick people in it now than ever before. I have no desire to know why Bryan did what he did. I just want him locked away forever. No books, no interviews, no letters from admirers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken