ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Obviously, I haven't been keeping up. Hmmm... it's interesting.

I think the heroin use is a thing of the past. His good friend's sister said that in 2017 he appeared to be clean. If that is the case, it has been 5 years since he appeared to be clean.

People can recover from heroin use with no ill effects. It is also not stated if he was an addict, or a casual/recreational user.

I don't want to be rude as this lady has had enough crap her way in sure, but I read it as look at ME! Attention doled out when it can be...
I agree. Not sure why everyone is drawing comparisons to BTK, Bundy, etc. To me, this has a different vibe than BTK, other than possibly the psychological aspect, which could be for any murder. I feel very sorry for her situation, but does she also have a vested interest in people talking about BTK (book royalties). My interpretation of 'serial' killer is someone who does it numerous times. To our knowledge, this is BK's only foray into homicide, if he is proven guilty.

Many years ago I was flying to visit my sister outside Boise on a United Flight in 1987. US Marshalls were transporting a prisoner and took my seat because they were required to do so when carrying a gun specifically. The guy was in handcuffs of course. I had a seat in the back row and got bumped to First Class for free with unlimited champagne! I would imagine things are more strict now if not the same.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Heroin seems a bit extreme IMO. I have to say, I don’t know much at all about users, but I would suspect they wouldn’t ‘hold it together’ as much as BK appeared to. And because I know I will get comments on that, what I mean is, would he be able to hold down a job and study if using heroin? Even if the suggestions are past use, that’s a pretty impressive turnaround for someone addicted to arguably the hardest drug of all. MOO, could be wrong.

I don't see it. And, I know a couple of lifelong addicts... one guy is in his 70's.

Drug users of opiates "generally" kill for $$. That's JMO.

If the accused inserted himself as a witness in the investigation, would that be revealed when they unseal the probable cause affidavit? Or, would that information be separate? I’m not claiming the accused did this.
The PCA will be officially filed/unsealed, and available to the public, once the accused is officially in front of a judge in Idaho - it's "sealed" (or not filed) because BK has not been arraigned in Idaho. They discussed at the press conference

Alexandra Duggan
@dugganreports

Like many of the media, we are planning routes for #Kohberger extradition back to Idaho. Capt Dahlinger emailed me that they don’t have a timeline until they receive the paperwork that Kohberger has waived the extradition. Transportation is also not being shared due to security.
Good Lord can you imagine the media frenzy if they did release transportation plans ahead of time?!

Alexandra Duggan
@dugganreports

Like many of the media, we are planning routes for #Kohberger extradition back to Idaho. Capt Dahlinger emailed me that they don’t have a timeline until they receive the paperwork that Kohberger has waived the extradition. Transportation is also not being shared due to security.
I really doubt that the authorities will share exactly when and how BK will be extradited back to Idaho….but rather just announce that he is back there. Too much security concerns. moo

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Heroin seems a bit extreme IMO. I have to say, I don’t know much at all about users, but I would suspect they wouldn’t ‘hold it together’ as much as BK appeared to. And because I know I will get comments on that, what I mean is, would he be able to hold down a job and study if using heroin? Even if the suggestions are past use, that’s a pretty impressive turnaround for someone addicted to arguably the hardest drug of all. MOO, could be wrong.

I don't know how to rank the "hardness" of a drug (fentanyl is worse than heroin, IMO). A Harvard professor admitted 7 professionals into a study, in which he oversaw their heroin use. While meth or cocaine (which was still prescribable when I was in grad school) are often preferred by academics, heroin is the drug of choice of others. IME, people who are doctors, lawyers, psychologists (etc) are not immune from drug addiction, but it's often a stimulant. However, I personally know someone who used heroin during his undergrad years, got clean, eventually return to school, was about to get a master's when he started using again (and died of an overdose, after a personal tragedy sent him spiraling - we who know him believe he miscalculated his dose, after so many years of being clean).

I have a very good friend (an MD) who runs an evening methadone clinic about 5 miles from my house. These former heroin addicts come from all walks of life, including the professions. I also know people who never used heroin who are on methadone for its pain relief and anti-depressant qualities. There's a big body of literature on this. Naturally, these are medically supervised uses. In nations who decide to take that approach to heroin, IMO, things go better and addicts are less likely to commit crime.

Of course, the crime they usually commit (as mentioned already) is armed robbery or some other kind of theft.

Kaylee's dad has implied that she had a stalker, that her injuries were worse than the other 3 victims, and now he's alleging that there are connections between the suspect and Kaylee (updated to: he's looking for a connection).

From another perspective, the target - if it wasn't the home - would be one of the people who was expected to be at the house that night. The two girls sleeping on the first floor, Xana on the second floor and Madison on the third floor were expected to be there. Xana's boyfriend was a guest, and Kaylee had moved out so she too was a guest.

The two girls on the first floor are alive, so they were not the target. Xana and Madison both worked at the same restaurant, where it's possible they both met the suspect. They are more likely to be the target than either of the guests.

I'm way behind the rest of you folks and am just starting to try to catch up. Is there a discussion somewhere about the roommates telling 911 that someone was "unconscious"? Did they make that determination from outside a closed bedroom door? Does anyone have any info about that part of the case? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998