ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Media Thread/No Discussion

Moscow ID Police Departement Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Street Homicide

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.

Please read The Rules (linked in my signature), and continue discussion here.

Also, for anyone other than victims or an officially named POI/suspect, use initials or your post will be removed.

No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

ADMIN NOTE:

Re the accusations, insinuations, sleuthing of non POIs

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Rules are rules. The above is not difficult to understand and we are NOT going to post this again and there will be no additional on thread reminders. If members can't respect this forum and Tricia's rules, from this point forward any member violating the above most basic principle of Websleuths will be placed on a 3 day Time Out. Any further violations will result in a 1 week Time Out and a permanent Thread Reply Ban.

I just read a yahoo report that stated that the person Kaylee’s phone called 7 times the night of the murders, has been cleared. Is that true?
Towards the end of this video are photos of that person. I don't know if he's been officially cleared, but certainly Kaylee's family has been trusting of him. Kaylee and her boyfriend had recently broken up to take a break for a bit, and they shared their dog.

Video worth watching here:

Tattoo in remembrance of the four also explained in the video.

MKXE tattoo for the 4.png

Highly hypothetical: what if one of the residents of the house is, or was pregnant? It's an unfortunately common cause of violence against women. A completely theoretical abstract, and one I certainly hope isn't true, as it would only compound the tragedy. But it could drive an emotional response from a male, particularly if what a female was considering was in opposition. There have been cases of married or otherwise attached men having a fling and wanting another partner to end a pregnancy. Conversely, it's conceivable some men might want a pregnancy not to be ended, perhaps to save a faltering relationship or due to religious beliefs.

Just another possibility, and could open up the field of potential suspects. Moo (and again hope it isn't this).

I’ve seen some people mention crime of passion.
Crimes of passion are a phrase used to mitigate a 2nd degree murder down to manslaughter. Typically these crimes involve heat of the moment with no time to cool down. LE has stated this was a targeted attack, typically meaning that it was premeditated with malice aforethought. Therefore, imho from what has been released, this was probably not a crime of passion.

Hoping to have a Perp arrested by the end of thread 10,

Lol your name got a chuckle out of me. I’m leaning Thrill Kill. LE seems like they are slowly checking off the usual suspects, Ex’s Etc.

Edited - For Grammar
Re the name, I’m glad man that was the Idea haha.

Definitely Possible, hoping we get a suspect listed tomorrow. Fingers crossed

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
Crime of Passion Still think The Mad Greek restaurant And The 2 girls restaurant and A stalker type Is key to all this…. Also It’s odd That the 2 surviving roommates were spared, Maybe person who did this was On good terms with those girls and decided to spare them, Bless their Hearts…

Has anyone considered the possibility that the perpetrator could have called Jack from both girls phones in an attempt to lure him to the house, in order to frame him for murder/suicide?

If perp had a gun on him, he could have saved that for Jack if he came to the house.

Not sure if any of this was covered at some point, but I have questions....

How did E and X get home? Did they have a car, call an Uber? Could they have invited someone to come back to the house with them, perhaps to crash on the couch?

How often did E sleep at the house? Was it a one time thing, or was he there more than he wasn't? Would someone have expected him to be there?

Were the girls on the third floor sleeping in the same room? If K had already moved out/moved her stuff out, it seems likely that she might have slept in M's room, especially since the two were both trying to call the boyfriend.

Crime of Passion Still think The Mad Greek restaurant And The 2 girls restaurant and A stalker type Is key to all this…. Also It’s odd That the 2 surviving roommates were spared, Maybe person who did this was On good terms with those girls and decided to spare them, Bless their Hearts…
If the killer wasn't familiar with the house, it's possible that they didn't know anyone lived in what appears as a walk out basement.

I’m thinking the perp had been to this residence in the past. Appears he was able to navigate two stories in the dark or with a small flashlight making very little noise and not running into furniture, etc. before the attacks. Also he/she either got lucky or knew there were no cameras inside or outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member