ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooting is so loud though
Very fair point, however not through a pillow or with a silencer it's not. But even if killer thought this, then why bring a gun to begin with which was kind of what I was getting at. Until we know for certain, I can't rule out the killer brought a gun, but I don't see the point of bringing one if you are going to murder people violently and don't use it.

I am wondering about the dog. Was dog there the whole time (until that evening), where was the dog when the other house mates called 911, where was the dog when LE arrived and how was the dogs behavior? Again, was he there while everyone from LE was coming in and out of the house? Or did he just all of a sudden show up? If he was there, was there any possibility that he may have bitten the intruder? One would expect a dog to bark when an unknown person enters the house or room they are in. Where did he usually sleep when he stayed at the house? There just seems to be a lot of unknowns about the dog that may actually help provide some information. Did they swab his teeth for any potential human DNA?

Another question, did they have any hide a keys outside the house (pretty common for college kids to have)? Or had anyone lost a key recently? AND/OR are the locks changed each year? If there is a hide a key for front door someone could have gone in earlier and opened sliding door on the second level.

Last edited:
MOSCOW, Idaho -- As police continue to comb through evidence in the killings of four University of Idaho students found dead nearly 10 days ago, authorities said they are looking into reports that one of the female victims had a stalker.

For the first time, authorities in Moscow, Idaho confirmed to ABC News they are looking at reports that Kaylee Goncalves had a stalker. They said they hope to provide further clarity soon.

[…]

My comment is in regards to the male at the food truck who has been called ‘creepy’ and ‘watching them.’ When i watched the longer video, not the 1 minute cnn version, he did not look creepy at all. Yes, he did appear to be watching them and waiting for them, but in my opinion, it did not look secretive or creepy. Rather, it looked purposeful and like he was supposed to be watching them and waiting for them. My theory watching it is that somewhere before arriving at food truck, he had been talked into or assigned to walking or driving them home. The girls are clearly very intoxicated, and he is not. Maybe he was a fraternity Designated or assigned to that duty, maybe he is a friend’s little brother, maybe the girls thought he was nice and asked him to drive them.
Then, it starts to turn into more than he bargained for, when they want to stop for food, which ends up taking a long time in the cold, and the girls seemingly forget he is there. He looks bored and ready to go, but he not not appear to be hiding in the shadows. it is awkward for him at first because here are these beautiful girls who he is supposed to help, but they are not friends, they are not dating, and they have forgotten he is there, but they still need his help. So he waits. Eventually he comes over and openly talks to others. It looks likely that he said to the other guy ‘yeah, they asked me to bring them here…’ Then the girls, in their drunk state, decide to do a very BFF girl thing, which is to just run off together and ditch everyone. Hence, he gestures with his hand and says something like “they asked me to bring them here, now they run off and leave me. oh well.“ Basically, he shrugs, ”well, I tried. Guess I can go home now” and walks off.
Maybe because I am the mother of three young men, I feel the need to point this out- taken from that perspective, he looks like he may have just been a truly nice guy who happened to have had an interaction with them before they left and were tragically murdered by someone else.
I recall reading a brief interview with the food truck visitor who had been speaking with hoodie guy (who has been cleared by LE)- it was something like:
“Yeah we were just talking, he said he was just waiting for the girls, making sure they got home okay…then they left and I pointed out to him that they were leaving and he said thanks and followed them”

The internet read the video body language as stalker, but it seems more like to them he was an annoying older brother type hanging around to make sure they made it home okay. He was on camera before them, but they were probably just out of frame.

I am sure he was someone familiar to them for him to take on this sense of duty- So it makes me wonder:

1 - Did he come from the same bar and witness something that set off his spidey senses?

2- Did a mutual friend ask him to make sure they made it home okay because there was an existing concern?

I feel for this guy, he saw them get in their ride home and walked on thinking he did his good deed of making sure they made it home safe only to wake up to the news that home was where the danger lay.

My current theory on killer: He was someone who crossed paths with one or more of the victims who felt slighted or disrespected by them (maybe at the restaurant where 2 worked?) - and it became an obsession to destroy.

I don’t think anyone let the dog out. The City of Moscow has updated their press release as of 11/22 at 5:30pm to state:

“On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.”

I think they just misspoke when they said evening initially.

I believe that is a misleading angle in the newspaper photo. The photo is not taken from in front of the crime scene house. I think thats the neighbors fence.This attachment is from street view.
I do not see any fence to contain their yard.
Here is an article with pictures of the outside with fenced back yard. The angle is such that you can see the cyclone fence that comes down to neighbors, there is also a cross fence separating the two yards.
Scroll down to article and images taken from the front of the house and you can see the fence line.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123-083353_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-083353_Maps.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 47
The sound awakened Ethan.Then on his way out he ran into Ethan; so he killed them both too. Then ran.
I am low-key annoyed at everyone thinking that E must have walked into the prep and X was collateral damage, while it has been told by X-s dad that she had defensive wounds and such a thing has never been said about E afaik. It is just as likely that X walked into the prep, or even, sadly, that they were attacked in the bed with the prep going after E first and waking X.
So what's the reasoning (other than gender stereotypes)?

Is anyone familiar with how the students gain access to the house, is there a key/code/card? Sorry if it's been discussed before but the threads have moved very fast.

I know we can’t speculate but the dynamic of K and her ex’s relationship would be interesting to know in more detail. Who broke it off initially, why, was there hesitation from one of them about getting back together? She seemed to be starting a new life so was anyone feeling left behind? Was she the one pushing to get back together?

Also, drunk calling an ex and having them passed out and not answer is one thing. But if you suspect the ex is not answering because they are blocking you or mad at you is another - so you try a phone that maybe isn’t blocked like a friends thinking they’ll answer for them. Something about that relationship that we don’t know and I can’t put my finger on it. Like one of them maybe wanted to get back together more than the other one but all of this is pure speculation and me thinking out loud.

So many questions about that part of the story - I do think it interesting that she had moved out but happened to be there that particular night so I feel she was the intended target and rage got the best of the perp and they killed whoever was in his way. I do think X and E were in the wrong place at the wrong time and happened to be where the perp had to enter and exit. Did they say who was killed first?

Here’s what I think happened - intended target was K, M was a victim because she was right there and maybe woke up and saw what was happening.

Wasn’t E the one not in bed? He got up to see what the commotion was and encountered the perp. X was awakened and tried to fend off the attacker hence her defense wounds.

What I can’t wrap my mind around is that there was no screaming? No noise? Any cameras nearby showing a vehicle driving away?

I do think there was one intended target and the others only HAD to be killed because they saw the perp but then the perp realizing he had taken this further than he intended and got out of there quickly to avoid being seen by the other two roommates.

I just feel it’s someone that knew K was there for that night.

I think this perp lives very very close. They escaped on foot. Must have came in through sliding glass in kitchen. This seems premeditated to me. No blood trail outside, they changed or cleaned inside. I think the weapon was passed down or in the family. I think they killed the 3rd floor girls first. This woke up E and he went to find out what was going on. Then he killed E and X. I feel like this person watched them for a long time. Definitely seems like someone they know and not a random crime. I think the dog was crated. I feel like they are still in the area (just a feeling). They are enjoying the fact they are eluding from the police. Lastly, I do not think this is isolated behavior (something violent has been in his past). I heard on Nancy Grace earlier that they can figured out who was killed first through blood commingling. I’m hoping that forensics is able to solve this case.

I also think it’s possible that something happened at the frat party that made E and X the intended targets - maybe an argument with another frat member who felt slighted/embarrassed and wanted to exact revenge on E and/or X?
IMO, I’ve always thought that K called J because she felt uneasy but brushed it off and didn’t think it warranted a call to LE.
I wonder if one of the Frat members had become a problem and a committee decided to tell him he needed to leave the fraternity. Perhaps Ethan was the main spokesperson, the one that told this frat member it had been decided he could no longer belong to the fraternity. The expelled Frat member could have become enraged and held Ethan personally responsible for his expulsion, and in his rage decided to extract revenge. He followed Ethan that night and knew he was at the house. He had been to the house for parties, knew the layout. Waited until the house was quiet and entered with the intent to kill Ethan and a horrible series of events led to all four being killed.

I don't know how fraternities operate, and how decisions are made regarding problem members. Anyways, MOO on a possible motive.

I don’t think anyone let the dog out. The City of Moscow has updated their press release as of 11/22 at 5:30pm to state:

“On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.”

I think they just misspoke when they said evening initially.

And now I see someone pointed out that the FAQ section says evening. Huh. I am guessing that the most recent press release has the most recent information, but I did send a FB message to the city letting them know of the discrepancy. I know they’re under no obligation to act on public suggestions - I just know they’re working so hard to be factual and thought they may like to know. We’ll see if either one gets updated!

Last edited:
I am low-key annoyed at everyone thinking that E must have walked into the prep and X was collateral damage, while it has been told by X-s dad that she had defensive wounds and such a thing has never been said about E afaik. It is just as likely that X walked into the prep, or even, sadly, that they were attacked in the bed with the prep going after E first and waking X.
If I were X and Heard- commotion in the middle of the night, I wake up my boyfriend to go check. Not saying a woman couldn’t have of course

Still stumped as to the why and how of all of this (I mean, we know HOW they were killed, but I'm speaking in terms of in what order, why 4 instead of 6, etc).

So I am starting to think through what happens after the murders. I wouldn't be surprised if the killer lives close. Maybe not like next door, but close enough that it would be a quick trip to get back home because he is likely covered in blood. I am personally not convinced that he would take the time to change into another outfit while at the crime scene in the dark, but of course it's possible.

Also thinking this is someone who lives alone. Even though it was the middle of the night, if you've got roommates and even one is not a heavy sleeper and wakes up to you either leaving and/or returning at an odd hour, now you have a potential witness who would go to the cops and say "Well my roommate was actually gone in the middle of the night the night of the murders." Or if they had roommates, they were gone that weekend, which is possibly why that night was chosen.

If it was another student, they could be long gone back home by now. They could be saying "I don't feel safe being on campus. I'm spending the rest of the semester at home" and distancing themselves from the scene.

I just can’t figure out why the 2 girls were spared, He must have watched the house, if in fact our speculation is correct, He Would know how many people lived there, Maybe The surging girls had the door to bedroom locked I guess L.E will have an answer For this, but I think we got it right, It’s the only logical explanation for such a brutal crime that from what I am understanding such a brutal crime that even some of L.E May have needed counseling There’s no way this was a psychopath that picked a rad on house and just decided to butcher a bunch of people
MOO and MOO I believe the killer(s) had been watching the house for at least a few days and believed that the bottom floor was empty and the residents were not there. They had only both returned to the house earlier that same evening after being out of town on separate trips, according to reports.

I hope that LE is checking into violence-prone felons with a history of violence against women who have been recently paroled from WA and ID, say within in the last 4-6 months.

That’s a great suggestion about the dog. But I can’t believe they’d go to sleep with dog missing.
Did K bring the dog with her for this visit? Or did she leave the dog to be cared for by her (former?) roomies when she left to stay at her parents' house? Had she really moved out before finals & graduation? Why? I am very curious about that & if my questions have been answered, I have missed it. She had a job, too. If she was back living at home had she quit her job?

Everyone assumes she was very attached to this dog. If so, why would she leave it with anyone other than her ex, who apparently was very attached to this dog, too.

I'm not sure what the presence or absence of the dog during commission of the crime really tells us. I don't think we should assume anything about the dog & LE hasn't said much, right? Glad to know the animal is back with his co-owner if that is indeed true.

There are a lot of unknown details. I sure hope FACTS are offered in today's PC that help clear up ongoing speculation here.

Advice to new members: please look at the separate media thread & read at least the entire thread where you post so you can avoid repeating untruths/asking what has been answered. While this is a fast moving thread, keeping up is vital! Especially before commenting.

My 2 cents only!

If I were X and Heard- commotion in the middle of the night, I wake up my boyfriend to go check. Not saying a woman couldn’t have of course
But if you were thinking that these are just your damn drunk friends again and not immediately think that it is a loose murderer (and maybe you live there and your bf is semi-visiting)... then would you? Because to me that would seem super rude to send him to tell them off. I would just go myself like girls pleeease stop the dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288