ALL takes TIME

NOT sacrificing speed for quality.
Goal is to reconstruct the scene for later date

102 pieces of evidence
4000 photographs
multiple 3D scans
1000 tips
150 interviews

Hope that shows how complex this case is.

We ask you and the public to remain patient as this unfolds.

We appreciate media. Thankful you are here.
(really spoke well of the media in more detail)

Been in contact w/ Brad Little. Gov Little up to 1 mil for expenses related to this investigation. Gov is deeply saddened. Making sure Idaho provides all resources necessary.

Clueless. Or leadless. Or both. IMO. PR.
Maybe it’s that the friends were targeted - by a Serial killer whose profile is still being developed since there were no previous indications that the murderer had killed , but maybe the sweet couple in Oregon’s assault or other unsolved late night in home stabbing deaths in Oregon or Washington have significant similarities and have now come in to play. MOO

This case confuses me. I have read repeatedly that the killer was unsophisticated, messy, etc…… yet there seems to be zero clues about who the killer actually is. I don’t get it. If they were so messy and careless, why is there no evidence leading to them?

What I keep thinking about today is that it is now 11 days since the murders - has anyone seen any photos of the back yard or parking area with evidence markers present? This was a horribly bloody crime scene, allegedly with evidence everywhere and it seems there is nothing outside. Nothing on the patio or driveway or yard. This makes me think this was actually very well planned by someone who is probably a serial killer. How did they get out of a bloody house without leaving some kind of trail? They would have had to come prepared in some way. They knew where to stab to incapacitate so the victim didn't have a chance to scream and wake others in the house which makes me believe they have experience, somehow. They knew it would be a horrifying bloody mess and somehow came so prepared as to not bring the mess outside so that LE can't be sure how they got out of the house and so that there are no evidence markers outside.

As to the house, the floorplan is a very common one in the Pacific Northwest although the lowest floor can sometimes be the garage and utility room or garage and TV room plus a bathroom or in this case 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. I know of houses from as early as the 1960's with the same general floorplan although the house in this case was built more recently. What I notice about the house is that the parking lot of the apartments to the left and kind of behind the house looks right in to all the windows in the back yet offers some tree/shrub coverage to hide a watcher. I feel like the person who selected this house didn't know those were bedrooms on the lowest floor because the windows don't face the backyard. If they were watching the house from the back, they would not have seen the bedroom lights go out in the front on the 1st floor. What they would have seen is the residents arriving home and lights going out on the back of the house on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Then it would be a matter of waiting a little while until the people inside were asleep. They could have gotten in via the sliding glass door - those locks are easy to defeat or they may have prepared a sliding window - the house has those, too, and their locks are easy to defeat.

But what really troubles me is that there are no evidence markers outside on the ground around the house insofar as I have seen.

And finally, the FBI/BAU was called in almost immediately. That makes me believe that there is much more to the crime scene than we have been made aware of. I'm afraid this is not going to be a local offender. I'm afraid there have been or will be other victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member