ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another reason I believe K was the target … her parents have said more than any other parent!!! IMO

A single target doesn't follow, because once the target was killed in her sleep there would have been no other reason to kill everyone else in their sleep. If she was sleeping in the bed with Madison, then sure I could see that, but not E and X, who were also asleep, according to the coroner. Why go back downstairs and kill two sleeping kids?

My opinion.

For one person to kill four people with a knife in like 15 minutes would take almost an Olympian level of physical conditioning. Or a soldier with previous experience in urban combat during wartime. So I think that we are looking at two or more people doing this.
Agree. I'm trying not to get tunnel vision or too bound to one theory.

"Authorities have said they have not ruled out that more than one person may have been involved in the killings. Police believe the attack was targeted."

Nov. 26, 2022 at 4:58 p.m​

Another reason I believe K was the target … her parents have said more than any other parent!!! IMO

I have an issue with the idea that someone was a ‘target’ .
I think it is one line of thinking and only matters to the investigators, so keep it to yourself.

How does that make a parent feel to know your child was or was not the target Of a murderer? That is a very strange place to put a grieving parent either way.

Think about it, your loved one died but they were not the target- they were collateral damage. The killer was actually after someone else.. for whatever reason. Really? It isn’t even a fact. Why on earth would LE make such a statement to the parents and public?

Consider the flip side, your child was the target of a killer and three other people were collateral damage. They were not intending on killing them, but they did to get to your child.

The only thing such as statement does is divide the parents who should be supporting each other. Saying such a thing to me reeks of poor judgment

JMO

I didn't know LE was hunting for the driver that gave the two women a ride home from the food truck. Mentions tire tracks and show rubber marks. I can't imagine it'd help. As far as in front to the house, their driveway and parking spots as far as I understood it, LE said were gravel.

Saturday, November 26, 2022
View attachment 382844

"A local reporter said they were state forensics investigators who photographed the tracks. It was revealed Goncalves and Mogen got a ride home from a mystery individual after visiting a food truck, with cops now hunting for that driver. Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case, the first murder recorded in the city of Moscow in seven years."
Interesting. I thought they said they don’t believe he is involved.

If showering occurred, that would make noise and possibly wake others, though they might have just thought it was one of the real roommates. All but the most hairless people lose hair showering and then there are skin flakes. AND if you shower, what do you use to dry off? Towels that you steal? And then you brought a change of clothing and a bag to remove your bloody clothing from the building? I think showering would actually leave DNA. IMO.
How about just washing off in a sink in the adjoining bathrooms?

I mean this in the nicest possible way to everyone on this thread-especially to new members or U of I students who may have found their way here. If you have submitted tips to the tipline, please DO NOT post the fact the you have done so and especially do not post what your tip was about.
In the past, actual killers have been known to be on WS on their victim's threads, reading and seeing if they were being mentioned as a possible suspect. (They were.)
My opinion is that in order to conclude that two cases are related, investigators need "pretty concrete, indisputable evidence" indicating a concrete, indisputable connection.
Exactly. And I believe any reasonable person would conclude that should require looking into details and comparing the evidence for a period longer than a mere 36 hours… they shot down even the possibility of a connection within less than two days… and I’m sticking by my opinion on this one.

Welp, then, I am totally confused as to why it says (see red print above) that they're hunting for that driver. Sometimes it seems the media gets some insider info, and yet other times they just seem to make it up sloppily, so it's hard to tell. Know what I'm talking about? I can't imagine why they'd be taking measurements of the tire tracks, etc., and wonder if it's just for show.

Because being ‘cleared’ by LE actually means nothing. There is no way they can clear a person until they find out who actually did it. You can’t prove a negative

The article that info about tires and such came from is here- Daily Mail

JMO

I didn't know LE was hunting for the driver that gave the two women a ride home from the food truck. Mentions tire tracks and show rubber marks. I can't imagine it'd help. As far as in front to the house, their driveway and parking spots as far as I understood it, LE said were gravel.

Saturday, November 26, 2022
View attachment 382844

"A local reporter said they were state forensics investigators who photographed the tracks. It was revealed Goncalves and Mogen got a ride home from a mystery individual after visiting a food truck, with cops now hunting for that driver. Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case, the first murder recorded in the city of Moscow in seven years."
Why is the DM speculating that the tire tracks are related to a dead dog?
Rubbish..

I'm still hung up on messy, or made to look messy.
It occurs to me that "sloppy" may also indicate "not so straight forward/complicated."

I don't imagine this place to be filthy by any stretch, but we do have a house with 4 roommates, lots of friends, and preparations for evenings out. It's possible the house, itself, may add to the "sloppy" description. For instance, a lot of things out and about in the home to become part of blood evidence collection. Just visualize the chaos of clothes, makeup, jewelry, shoes, purses, backpacks, throw pillows, throw rugs, glasses, plates, electronics-- all left for later, hurrying out for their evenings.

Add to that, the potential state of Kaylee's room in the midst of a move-- I bet quite a number of things were waiting on her return with her RR to clear out the rest of her stuff. Everything out, being sorted, boxed, etc. etc..

On a side note:
Do rentals like this home come furnished? IOW, we see that Kaylee's bed is still up, but does that bed stay after she's gone, therefore only the bedding gets thrown into the RR when she left? What is the standard in Moscow?
I have many questions regarding the state of off campus housing there. I did a quick look on Zillow and it seems the prices really reflect a roommate market, but there sure wasn't much to be had, and it's expensive! Can anyone here elaborate some on this topic? tia

I've had a gut feeling that decent housing might have been a trigger for this assailant. JMO MOO IMOO

I think it is one line of thinking and only matters to the investigators, so keep it to yourself.
LE came out of the gate saying that this was a targeted attack. With all due respect, if we didn't discuss that we wouldn't have much to discuss. This is horrible for all families involved, as it will be hard on the perp's family when they are caught. That goes without saying. JMO

IMO the parents got more info from LE than the public. Not sure if the parents would have been able to judge by themselves if the killer was sloppy.
I agree that the parents are not equipped to judge the messiness of the scene. I think the parents have said that they have more info than we do, and rightfully so. They should be the first to know anything. JMO

If showering occurred, that would make noise and possibly wake others, though they might have just thought it was one of the real roommates. All but the most hairless people lose hair showering and then there are skin flakes. AND if you shower, what do you use to dry off? Towels that you steal? And then you brought a change of clothing and a bag to remove your bloody clothing from the building? I think showering would actually leave DNA. IMO.
And yet, it has been done by a SK prior. Hence my post.

How does that make a parent feel to know your child was or was not the target Of a murderer? That is a very strange place to put a grieving parent either way.

Think about it, your loved one died but they were not the target- they were collateral damage. The killer was actually after someone else.. for whatever reason. Really? It isn’t even a fact. Why on earth would LE make such a statement to the parents and public?

Consider the flip side, your child was the target of a killer and three other people were collateral damage. They were not intending on killing them, but they did to get to your child.

The only thing such as statement does is divide the parents who should be supporting each other. Saying such a thing to me reeks of poor judgment

JMO
Have you told every other poster here this same thing because I feel like it’s been discussed a million times who was targeted?? I think targeting matters as that helps find the perp!

ETA: I’m not sure any grieving parent in this situation right now is trying or not trying to hurt feelings- they just want answers!!!

Last edited:
They are pouring money into this investigation millions according to press releases. Why not offer a $100,000 reward for the tip?? If they don't produce results soon before like Christmas with their investigation I think we need to see a reward offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305