ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Media Thread/No Discussion

Moscow ID Police Departement Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.

Please read The Rules (linked in my signature), and continue discussion here.

Also, for anyone other than victims or an officially named POI/suspect, use initials or your post will be removed.

No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

The following Johnny Law youtube was originally posted by Mayboy1998 earlier today but because it was not a podcast host we were familiar with and we did not have time to view it in its entirety, it was removed. Having now had time to view it, it is being approved on a one-time basis because it does seem to provide an excellent analysis of the layout of the house, where individuals may have been sleeping, and it speaks to the location of the red liquid in relation to the overall layout of the house.

Bringing this over as I posted right as other thread was closing down…

Just spent the last 19 plus minutes watching Ethan’s video tribute- wow! What an amazing young man. Seemed like he dabbled in everything and was always extremely happy. This case has rocked me to the core- this group of young adults really seemed to be outstanding individuals all the way around and truly loved life!!! Lived to fullest. Someone sure dimmed a lot of lights and ripped families hearts in a million pieces.

The following Johnny Law youtube was originally posted by Mayboy1998 earlier today but because it was not a podcast host we were familiar with and we did not have time to view it in its entirety, it was removed. Having now had time to view it, it is being approved on a one-time basis because it does seem to provide an excellent analysis of the layout of the house, where individuals may have been sleeping, and it speaks to the location of the red liquid in relation to the overall layout of the house.

Yes this really helped because everyone was saying the substance was outside the vacant bedroom and it made no sense as to how that would happen.

I will say to me it seems very unlikely that the 2 roommates that were home were not both on the first floor. I believe LE referenced then being in the first floor iirc.

And finally I don't believe he commented on the possibility of K & M being in the same bedroom. Was there a bed in both 3rd floor bedrooms? Or was K's already moved out?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO/MOO

Along with many others, I to theorized that the person was someone who would have been entering the house while the girls were out, creeping on their stuff, making him quite familiar with the home and where each bunked.

Maybe he planned on reaching all of them and only changed plans once he met with more than he anticipated with Ethan and Xana.

Possibly he was injured or thought enough noise was made that he no longer had the element of surprise?

As always, IMO/MOO.

They updated M&K’s arrival back home time to 1:56 rather than 1:45 based on “digital evidence collected by investigators”. <modsnip>
I really am starting to wonder with a smidge tighter of a timeframe if KG was calling JD because (hate to bring back up the dog) lol but she was unable to find the dog! She returned home, ate her food, maybe changed her clothes, washed her face whatever, she then realized her pet was no where around because the perp had already did a quick run through of the home and let the dog out in fear it would would interrupt his plans later on?! I’m not sure the murdered stuck around until everyone was asleep, I feel like he maybe was comfortable coming in and out of the home… all just my own crazy thoughts!

The press release states:

There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.
• Community members have uploaded over 260 digital media submissions to the FBI link.
• To date, 113 pieces of physical evidence have been collected and sent to the Idaho State
Police crime lab for processing and analysis.
• Gov. Brad Little has directed up to $1 million in state emergency funds for the ongoing investigation.
• The University of Idaho is hosting a candlelight vigil for Wednesday, November 30th, to honor the memory of Ethan, Xana, Madison, and Kaylee. (In Memory of Xana, Madison, Kaylee and Ethan)
• The University of Idaho has established a Vandal Family Support Resource page for their students.
(Vandal Family Support Resources | University of Idaho)
No suspect or POI identified at this time

Last edited:
kudos to the Authorities for providing this level of detailed information It's way more that most PDs do and can help to clear up or stop some of the rumors. I'm sure they are doing the best they can and this kind of open communication is refreshing. Its a good communications strategy and more PDs should use it. (instead of the more typical telling anyone that ask any questions or for any clarification to kick rocks most PDs seem to use).

"Detectives are also seeking additional tips and surveillance video of any unusual behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee and Madison were in downtown Moscow and while Ethan and Xana were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed unusual behavior near these areas or has video surveillance is asked to submit their tips."

This part is interesting and oddly somewhat specific. Maybe they suspect they bumped into or had a run in with the would-be attacker earlier in the night?

Thought these were interesting images from an article from the NY Post.

Investigators at the house today, at the car park at the back pointing in the distance to the right. And an investigator looking out again in the same direction from the middle window on the 3rd floor.

I wonder if there are houses/ apartments in that direction that the perp could have been watching from?

0D3DB641-8FD3-4B85-949A-6C5223AEF9E5.jpeg

B8A4A400-B579-434C-8941-A92D6B28F6D9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members