ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were wondering what the Investigators were looking at in Post #21. I went onto Google maps. I squared the window the Investigator was looking out of (reference Post #21) and came up with one possibility (circled in red):

View attachment 382750

This is only one possibility, and JMVHO.
The tree? There isn't any windows from the apts that you circled that would be visible into the house...

The tree? There isn't any windows from the apts that you circled that would be visible into the house...

The angle is difficult to see in a photo; I don't know how far the apt. building extends past their rental place.

I do think there are windows behind the tree, though. Let me double-check.

ETA: You are correct--no windows on the side of the apt. building.

Just spit-balling ideas.

JMVHO.

So they know for sure that everyone was in the home by 2am, but they're asking for surveillance from 3am to 6am? So I'm assuming they somehow the killer didn't leave until after 3am?
It's weird that they are not asking for surveillance before then. Like why not 11pm-6am to widen the gap to see the killer arrive? It makes me think they know something happened that night that led the killer to follow them home. I haven't read every single post, so I may be missing bits of information here and there.

accordn2me posted
Trying to make anything about the senseless murders understandable is not possible, imo. I'm just trying to understand the behavior afterwards. At this point, we don't have any information to explain why friends were called before police...and we don't know how many other people were there before the police got there. From the early reports that the 911 operator spoke to "multiple" people on the 911 call, it sounds like they were all (operator too) trying to make sense of the scene. Recalling the Travis Alexander 911 call, several people talked to that operator too. Initially, that was another, 'are you kidding me' case (as it was several days before other friends that didn't live there had to go over and make the call.)

If interested, this is what makes sense to me
I think EnX were in a room with a closed door. Locked or not doesn’t matter- I’m guessing the two on 1st floor and X have only lived there since Aug. They are 2nd year- so likely were required to live on campus in dorms as freshman last year.
So, they are in a house with a couple behind a door that isn’t answering. They would not call 911 first, they would call the couple’s friends.
Who are those friends? E’s siblings maybe? It is possible his brother who is in the same frat came over- it is highly likely that the two survivors are friends, or at least know E’s siblings. How could they not if they live with X and E is her BF, and E is close to his brother and sister And they have parties in that house? E’s brother and sister likely have come to those parties. The frat house where E and his brother live is about 150 yards from this home.
Who may have tried to get E to answer the door? His brother, it may be him that called his sister and then 911.
This is my speculation only- but makes sense and explains the secrecy behind who called 911.
There are some reports that say they were present.
An interior door can be unlocked- if it is a push button lock we all know to push a screw driver into that little hole. What could they have seen?
Horrific to imagine, but possible- speculation only
JMO

We were wondering what the Investigators were looking at in Post #21. I went onto Google maps. I squared the window the Investigator was looking out of (reference Post #21) and came up with one possibility (circled in red):

View attachment 382750

Another is the building directly across the street:

View attachment 382751

Again, JMVHO.

Apologies for the repeated edits.
That’s great! Thank you

Lots of the good old vague language, like "are not believed to be involved", "does not appear to be evidence", etc.

But this is the line that struck me (BBM): "TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders".

It's an interesting and perhaps telling choice of words. It doesn't inspire much confidence in what LE has managed to uncover so far. I keep thinking that the ex of K theory didn't pan out and LE was right back to square one, and that was a week ago now. All JMO.
How high off the ground is that window, more or less? And how high off the floor of the bedroom would it be?
Edited for clarity.
I would say roughly 20 ft since the landlord said that's the amount of feet between floors

"Detectives are also seeking additional tips and surveillance video of any unusual behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee and Madison were in downtown Moscow and while Ethan and Xana were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed unusual behavior near these areas or has video surveillance is asked to submit their tips."

This part is interesting and oddly somewhat specific. Maybe they suspect they bumped into or had a run in with the would-be attacker earlier in the night?
I think they should go back to prior few days instead of only the evening of, imo
JMO

accordn2me posted
Trying to make anything about the senseless murders understandable is not possible, imo. I'm just trying to understand the behavior afterwards. At this point, we don't have any information to explain why friends were called before police...and we don't know how many other people were there before the police got there. From the early reports that the 911 operator spoke to "multiple" people on the 911 call, it sounds like they were all (operator too) trying to make sense of the scene. Recalling the Travis Alexander 911 call, several people talked to that operator too. Initially, that was another, 'are you kidding me' case (as it was several days before other friends that didn't live there had to go over and make the call.)

If interested, this is what makes sense to me
I think EnX were in a room with a closed door. Locked or not doesn’t matter- I’m guessing the two on 1st floor and X have only lived there since Aug. They are 2nd year- so likely were required to live on campus in dorms as freshman last year.
So, they are in a house with a couple behind a door that isn’t answering. They would not call 911 first, they would call the couple’s friends.
Who are those friends? E’s siblings maybe? It is possible his brother who is in the same frat came over- it is highly likely that the two survivors are friends, or at least know E’s siblings. How could they not if they live with X and E is her BF, and E is close to his brother and sister And they have parties in that house? E’s brother and sister likely have come to those parties. The frat house where E and his brother live is about 150 yards from this home.
Who may have tried to get E to answer the door? His brother, it may be him that called his sister and then 911.
This is my speculation only- but makes sense and explains the secrecy behind who called 911.
There are some reports that say they were present.
An interior door can be unlocked- if it is a push button lock we all know to push a screw driver into that little hole. What could they have seen?
Horrific to imagine, but possible- speculation only
JMO
I have thought they didn't want to divulge a name for the person's safety and privacy. A high profile case like this would be awful and even more so with media hounding you. LE have said they spoke to several people on that call so chances are the roommates were freaked out. I get that it doesn't make sense to call friends before 911 but I can also empathize with possible fears and anxiety the roommates might have felt. They might have been calling all the phones, hearing them ring and going unanswered. That would scare me. It may have just been too much for them to handle so they reached out to somebody better at handling potential emergencies?

The angle is difficult to see in a photo; I don't know how far the apt. building extends past their rental place.

Just spit-balling ideas.

JMVHO.

Looks for sure like the investigators were pointing at the apt building in front of the house.

The guy in the window could have been looking at one of the windows towards the middle of that apt building.

absolutely. it makes sense that somebody is in their residence watching the parking lot. He sees when somebody's coming home, who's getting out of the vehicles. Then they make a roundabout way to the back to snoop and enter under concealment.

There's an apartment complex directly in front of the house.

There is an apartment lower to the N on Taylor, 3 story to the NE on Taylor
Multistory on the hill to the E of the house.
Fox News interviewed neighbors in this video
JR the law student in single story brick apt building facing Taylor
couple in apt to east in yellow apt building
Below the video are pictures taken of the window on the hillside of the house

Last edited:

Just spit-balling ideas.

JMVHO.

I think there is a vantage point that can see into all 5 front facing windows
The back corner West side of the 3 story apartment building to the NE facing Taylor.
From both the 2nd and 3rd floor windows you can see the front of the house clearly.
If it is the same as it appears on Google Earth, you can stand on Queen Road and see it.
Turn one way and see the apartment, turn the other and see the house.

Google Earth Link
Google Earth
#googleearth

Google Earth Link
Google Earth
#googleearth

I don't understand why LE never cordoned off the Queen road parking just next to the victim's house. May be the prep(s) discarded their cars after the crime but now would have drive it back or it is still there

IMO that area offers the best glimpse of what happening inside the house
b1.PNG
Whether the prep was local or outsider, the prep(s) should have observed what's happening inside sitting inside their parked car often. There should be others who could have seen some person(s) sit in their car in this blind-spot area more often before the crime.

I say blind spot because it is well hidden in the area just before directly back of the victims house. The only view to that area could be apartments directly across from victims house (on taylor) or on backside of 500 Queen Rd Apartment. Please Note 500 Queen Rd doesn't have windows directly to see the victims house but at an angle b6.PNG
b5.PNG

Also from the blind-spot parking areas it is easy to slip in the victims house. It is just a slight downhill slope to victim's 2nd floor
b2.PNG
b3.PNG

Also IMO, the prep(s) could also easily jump from 3rd level to the blind-spot area. It would have been a jump of about 10 ft down directly or less than that if they aimed for the backyard uphill slope
b4.PNG

I don't understand why LE never cordoned off the Queen road parking just next to the victim's house. May be the prep(s) discarded their cars after the crime but now would have drive it back or it is still there

IMO that area offers the best glimpse of what happening inside the house
View attachment 382761
Whether the prep was local or outsider, the prep(s) should have observed what's happening inside sitting inside their parked car often. There should be others who could have seen some person(s) sit in their car in this blind-spot area more often before the crime.

I say blind spot because it is well hidden in the area just before directly back of the victims house. The only view to that area could be apartments directly across from victims house (on taylor) or on backside of 500 Queen Rd Apartment. Please Note 500 Queen Rd doesn't have windows directly to see the victims house but at an angle View attachment 382762
View attachment 382769

Also from the blind-spot parking areas it is easy to slip in the victims house. It is just a slight downhill slope to victim's 2nd floor
View attachment 382770
View attachment 382771

Also IMO, the prep(s) could also easily jump from 3rd level to the blind-spot area. It would have been a jump of about 10 ft down directly or less than that if they aimed for the backyard uphill slope
View attachment 382772

As creepy as it is to imagine, I agree it is quite possible for someone to have climbed up onto the balcony.
I’d also note that in some pics there is a ladder on the other side laying against the wall, and also a patio chair. Either of those would make this much easier.
Hell- I‘m 50’s and I could climb up there using that 8 foot ladder.
A motion sensing light on that balcony, and actual authentic sounds such as this
Would keep the creeps away!
All of this makes me livid, and quite worried for my 19 yr old daughter an 20 yd old son
JMO

Last edited:

View attachment 382750

Another is the building directly across the street:

View attachment 382751

Again, JMVHO.

Apologies for the repeated edits.
In early photos I remember a ladder leaning on this side. It would be pretty brazen to enter 2nd floor window, on the front with a three quarter moon. Moo

I have so many thought on this case. There are so many possibilities that its hard to wrap my head around. I still think we could be looking at a serial killer. You hear a lot of talk about the frenzy and rage of these killings, but there are also indications of possibly being very methodical as well. You can have both in one serial killer. Someone who can be careful and methodical, but also lose control at the time the murder is committed. I personally don't think the use of a knife necessarily points to it being personal. It can, but it could also be the MO of a thrill killer or serial killer. MOO

The killer could have entered through the sliding glass door off the kitchen on the second floor and only went to that floor and the 3rd. Not realizing that there were bedrooms on the second floor. Or something could have scared him off before getting to the 1st floor.

The WI-Fi most likely had a password. Most already have one that comes with the router. I have seen a comment from someone that stated that LE has the killers IP address (it would be the Mac Address not the IP address that you would see from the router), but i cannot find where the police ever said this. If the killer was someone they knew and had been there before and given the password. Then the killers phone would automatically connect when in location (unless the killer either didn't have their phone or they turned off the automatic connect capability).

If this was a killing that had been planned ahead of time I would think that the killer (killers?) had watched the house. There is a little woody area across the street that is a great place to see, but not be seen. Screenshot_20221126-034951_Earth.jpg
I think this area would be good for seeing the comings and going of the residents of not just the crime scene, but the neighbors as well.

The tree line behind the house would be good for watching the goings on inside the house.

All of this is just MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member