ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the families put up a go fund me specifically to hire one of the best private investigators in the country to head into Moscow and do an independent investigation. I'd donate!

Who is this person, unfamiliar with the area, who’d come in and magically solve the case before 20 FBI agents, 4 local detectives, and 25 Idaho state police detective?

Exactly! Trivia for you Crime Junkies
What and When was the last case where all these things happened?—
- multiple people killed
- brutally killed
- In their own residence
- in an urban area, there are neighbors
- during the night
- victims have no criminal history
- no connections to drugs, mafia, cartel
- no burglary
- no sexual assault
- no one seems to have heard or seen anything
- two weeks goes by without any POI

This situation is quite rare, how can anyone feel safe if they cannot ensure their own safety in their own home?
That is why this has our attention, IMO
Are we certain that the victims have no criminal history, and no connection to drugs, mafia, cartel? I haven't seen anything pointing to any of those things about the victims, but I haven't seen LE specifically "clear" those issues.

I really am starting to wonder with a smidge tighter of a timeframe if KG was calling JD because (hate to bring back up the dog) lol but she was unable to find the dog! She returned home, ate her food, maybe changed her clothes, washed her face whatever, she then realized her pet was no where around because the perp had already did a quick run through of the home and let the dog out in fear it would would interrupt his plans later on?! I’m not sure the murdered stuck around until everyone was asleep, I feel like he maybe was comfortable coming in and out of the home… all just my own crazy thoughts!
But she wouldn't have stopped looking for her dog. She would've looked until she found him, called numerous people, woke everyone up. So she wouldn't have been sleeping at 3-4am when she was attacked.

This is a great question! I wonder if they simply ask first, or ask for a person to submit a polygraph, or ask for a DNA sample?
It will be very interesting this next week if they begin to ask for males in all the apartments around there if they will volunteer a DNA sample!
Of course guys can say No, but wow would that add some pressure if they begin to ask those questions.

JMO

This is so wrong by ethical standards. “Hey, all males, consent to a controversial polygraph and give us your DNA. We have no probable cause and no warrant. It’s completely voluntary, but if you don’t consent lots of people may think that you are suspicious.” Just no!

Anyone ever hear of police widely doing this?

I know that Moscow PD have stated that they believe that the other two stabbing murders—the one in 2021 in state of Oregon, and the one in 2020 in state of Washington—are not linked to this case…but how could they determine that so quickly?

It seems that all three attacks have some striking similarities in terms of specifics: home entered btwn. 3:00 and 4:00 am; knife attack in home residence; all on the 13th of a month, which was also a ‘weekend’ night; one in each state that all border one another geographically

I know that Moscow PD have stated that they believe that the other two stabbing murders—the one in 2021 in state of Oregon, and the one in 2020 in state of Washington—are not linked to this case…but how could they determine that so quickly?

It seems that all three attacks have some striking similarities in terms of specifics: home entered btwn. 3:00 and 4:00 am; knife attack in home residence; all on the 13th of a month, which was also a ‘weekend’ night; one in each state that all border one another geographically
…no one apprehended; and no suspects.

is it possible the empty bedroom on the 2nd floor is accessible by the hill?
I have also wondered about the empty BR on the second floor….Wondering if it’s possible , (if he had observed the residence or had access it to it in the past somehow) that he knew it was unoccupied and waited in there for them to get home ??? They would not have checked in there or done in there when they got home I’m sure …

yes but breaking into the 3rd floor means breaking into a bedroom. Also wouldn’t u look into the closest room for ur target.
Well in that house, the closest room was vacant, right? So heading upstairs first seems plausible

- multiple people killed
- brutally killed
- In their own residence
- during the night
- no burglary
- no sexual assault

This situation is quite rare, how can anyone feel safe if they cannot ensure their own safety in their own home?
I think another thing that is rare is that everyone in the house that night is pictured in a photo probably just 12 hours before 4 of them were killed. I could see the 5 roommates being in a photo but the fact that Ethan was in the photo too is kind of eerie. And yes, I do realize he was Xana’s boyfriend so they likely spent a lot of time together, but still. And while I don’t know if this is the first time the 6 have taken a photo together, I do believe (based on my reviews of involved social media accounts) that it was the first time one was posted on SM of just the 6.

Investigators are in some photos of examining the window to the 2nd floor room from the hill side. So, yes if that window was unlocked
Did I see a photo of a cinderblock or something like that sitting next to one of those windows? Or am I just imagining things?

- multiple people killed
- brutally killed
- In their own residence
- during the night
- no burglary
- no sexual assault

Off the top of my head, the MacDonald murders in NC in 1970, but I’m sure there have been a few since then.

But she wouldn't have stopped looking for her dog. She would've looked until she found him, called numerous people, woke everyone up. So she wouldn't have been sleeping at 3-4am when she was attacked.
I should have stated better that none of this is what I think happen, was theorizing on the dog issue as it was getting brought up a LOT! lol: basically just stating a scenario the dog may have not been there during the murders etc. quiet a few posters couldn’t believe the dog wouldn’t have barked and gone crazy or how the dog wasn’t also a victim of this awful crime! Deep down I’m wanting to believe the dog was not traumatized by watching his beloved owner succumb to a stabbing!

We don’t know what LE has or hasn’t uncovered. Announcing they’re very close to an arrest would be counter-productive. Giving details on evidence collected typically won’t help an investigation and I get the feeling that they’d share anything they felt might assist them in solving the case. They have a ton of resources working the crime and I’m sure they know much, much more than we do. Might not be the info they need to find the perp, but I believe they’ll get there.

MOO
" context to the events" to me means questions such as these.
1. what happened at the Frat party that E and X went to. Who did they hang out with? What was said?
2. What was the living situation like in the house. Division of labor, if Kaylee was moving out what did that mean for the finances of the remaining 4 regarding rent, utilities etc? Was everyone getting along? Were there recent arguments?
3. Where did the surviving roommates go that evening? who did they speak with? What did they speak about?
4. How did Ethan and Xana meet? who introduced them? who did she date ( if anyone) before Ethan

Regarding the frat party... Frat brothers are very tight, and would find it incredibly difficult to rat out another brother even if things just didn't add up with an alibi. BAU would be helpful in conducting interviews with frat brothers who may be suspicious or covering up for someone. MOO

MOO but I believe that you attack the target first, it is where your rage directs you to go.
That's only if he knew where his target was in the house.

I do think the target (if there was only one target) was someone on the third floor. There would have been no reason to go up there otherwise.

The people on the 2nd floor could have been killed first if the perp was looking for his target. Alternatively, if they had awakened while the perp was performing his handiwork on the third floor, then it's possible that they were killed while he was making his getaway.

Do we know which victims were on the third floor?

" context to the events" to me means questions such as these.
1. what happened at the Frat party that E and X went to. Who did they hang out with? What was said?
2. What was the living situation like in the house. Division of labor, if Kaylee was moving out what did that mean for the finances of the remaining 4 regarding rent, utilities etc? Was everyone getting along? Were there recent arguments?
3. Where did the surviving roommates go that evening? who did they speak with? What did they speak about?
4. How did Ethan and Xana meet? who introduced them? who did she date ( if anyone) before Ethan

Regarding the frat party... Frat brothers are very tight, and would find it incredibly difficult to rat out another brother even if things just didn't add up with an alibi. BAU would be helpful in conducting interviews with frat brothers who may be suspicious or covering up for someone. MOO
Wondering if anyone has made a map of the four areas of interest by LE to include the location of the house, fraternity and other places victims were known to have been that night. If such one exists, could someone link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288