ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the surviving roommates as well as the on-off boyfriend have all been “ruled out” but police have all of their phones tapped in the hopes that someone might say something. Do I think they are guilty of something? Unlikely. I do believe it was an outside intruder, very probable a stalker. But the quick conclusion that the roommates are innocent is not to be taken without consideration that this is often a tactic investigators use to have someone slip up.

Same here, as well as the sliding windows in my college house even back in the 80's. I cannot imagine them leaving doors unlocked like some of us grew up with way back when. I guess
I think the surviving roommates as well as the on-off boyfriend have all been “ruled out” but police have all of their phones tapped in the hopes that someone might say something. Do I think they are guilty of something? Unlikely. I do believe it was an outside intruder, very probable a stalker. But the quick conclusion that the roommates are innocent is not to be taken without consideration that this is often a tactic investigators use to have someone slip up.
I think it’s an individual known to them ( close to 1 particular ) . LE may not have the physical evidence atm but waiting on the lab . I see an arrest soon .

Graphic subject here-- I don't know what it is like to stab a human being. I've heard it isn't as easy as all that because you can hit a bone. Sounds like the victims had multiple stab wounds, but also one fatal stab. Other cases where people have been stabbed 12-19 times and still are alive... in those cases, I would think some killers lack proper knife skills.

Has it been discussed how this killer managed to aim his stabs at a sleeping body without breaking his knife point all those times in this case? Just the thought of aiming at a sleeping body makes me sick, and furious at this killer. They must be caught.

They were all asleep when they were killed according to the coroner. That would indicate that no one got up and confronted the killer or called anyone else.

My opinion.
BBM:

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.
Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

Has it been discussed how this killer managed to aim his stabs at a sleeping body without breaking his knife point all those times in this case? Just the thought of aiming at a sleeping body makes me sick, and furious at this killer. They must be caught.
It's vile to think about but I think the type of knife they are looking for is pretty sturdy.

Could the perpetrator have changed into E's clothes?? MOO
in the dark? What clothes did E have there? it also crossed my mind that the person could have put on some of the girls' clothing (!) but I do not know what size the killer is and supposedly "nothing was taken." Not sure how "comprehensive" the nothing was and would be odd to me if the killer fit into anyone's shoes. Of course if the killer was a close friend, maybe the killer had left some clothing there on a previous visit. IMO

One case (the murder of 13 year old Yara Gambirasio in Italy in 2010 ) of DNA requests (22,000 samples from a particular area) and due to the doggedness of prosecutor Letizia Ruggeri, finally led to the killer's 2014 identity and conviction.
It was a very complicated case due to the fact that the killer was an illegitimate son no one knew about.

An excellent Italian film was made of this case. It's on Netflix.

This could likely never be possible in the US.

Right. Note how people give examples of UK cases, Paul Bernardo, (Canada,) this Italian case....

I think the surviving roommates as well as the on-off boyfriend have all been “ruled out” but police have all of their phones tapped in the hopes that someone might say something. Do I think they are guilty of something? Unlikely. I do believe it was an outside intruder, very probable a stalker. But the quick conclusion that the roommates are innocent is not to be taken without consideration that this is often a tactic investigators use to have someone slip up. There is a reason we haven’t heard a word yet from these young women. Their lawyers are well aware of the danger they could be in— even to be framed to put the public at ease.
That’s where the don’t believe and unlikely come in at times.

In 1987 the LE investigating the murders of two young girls, Lynda Mann and Dawn Asworth, near Leicester, UK, asked local men to volunteer the DNA samples. Thewy gathered 5500 samples. The murderer, Colin Pitchfork, got eventually caught because when the samples were gathered he asked his pal to give a sample posing as him. The pal let his lips loose in a pub, someone from the pub passed the info to the LE and so they zeroed on Pitchfork.

Killer breakthrough – the day DNA evidence first nailed a murderer

Another case where something like this was done, not once, but twice, happened in Italy. In November 2010 thirteen years old girl, Yara Gambirasio, went missing in a small town north of Milan. Her remains were found three months later, the investigators managed to get some DNA from her underwear. They tested Yara's family, friends, schoolmates, people from the gym Yara attended, no match. Near the location where body was found there was a nightclub, so the investigators asked the people frequenting it to give voluntarily a sample of DNA. And they had partial luck, they got a profile of someone that was a cousin of the murderer. Through that cousin they found the murderer's father. But here was a little problem: that man had two known sons and their DNA was not a match to murderer's. So, the investigator asked women old enough to be the murderer's mother to volunteer a DNA sample. And eventually they found the right women and through her the murderer, who was a fruit of an extramarital fling.

The murder that obsessed Italy | Tobias Jones

The United States has the Bill of Rights, which makes this sort of thing much more difficult.

Graphic subject here-- I don't know what it is like to stab a human being. I've heard it isn't as easy as all that because you can hit a bone. Sounds like the victims had multiple stab wounds, but also one fatal stab. Other cases where people have been stabbed 12-19 times and still are alive... in those cases, I would think some killers lack proper knife skills.

I agree stabbing someone to death quietly is difficult. I think he went top down and E and X were last. He may have left after thinking it was loud or perhaps they were targeted.

I respectfully disagree.
To sane people that might seem the case. But a reasonably well-conditioned violent sociopath with good knife skills, and with no aversion to blood, could quite conceivably dispatch four people soundly asleep - two of whom we know had consumed significant alcohol, and so quite likely deeply oblivious - with minimal resistance. There's plenty of info online on how to kill efficiently, if one were so inclined.
Still on a Graphic Subject-- That's what I was just posting about and asking about. For any of us who have not stabbed another human being or even searched info on it, this crime of stabbing four people sleeping is quite a feat. Not being privy to the police reports or autopsy reports, I can only guess and MOO, that this killer was not on any drink or drugs, and knew exactly what they were doing and how to use that knife. Would someone in their college and social circle have the maturity of experience already to be this much of a stone cold killer?

It's possible he targeted and hit a vital artery in the 'one fatal wound' described by the coroner.
Possibly the carotid, in the neck.
Rest of wounds could have targeted soft tissue only, abdomen possibly?

in the dark? What clothes did E have there? it also crossed my mind that the person could have put on some of the girls' clothing (!) but I do not know what size the killer is and supposedly "nothing was taken." Not sure how "comprehensive" the nothing was and would be odd to me if the killer fit into anyone's shoes. Of course if the killer was a close friend, maybe the killer had left some clothing there on a previous visit. IMO
And E was a big man. No guarantee pants would stay up depending on the killers size.

It must of gone in so deep to leave hilt imprints in blood too for them to narrow it down so fast :(
It's sickening but true. Years back for a gig I wrote a catalog for really high-end knives that could really only be for killing or collectors. These are really strong knives made from some of the strongest materials. The knife that killer had was probably similar and they bill them as indestructible. Terrifying to think about with this crime.

I am guessing that they were all asleep in bed when each of the attacks started. Some may have been killed without even waking up. At least one woke up while being attacked (X's defensive wounds). It is possible that one was able to get out of bed, either during or after the attack, and succumbed to their injuries "off the bed".
I don't think E and X were sleeping, nor in bed when attacked. But then we're all just guessing.

I guess that’s my point. I’m not sure it actually matters for us to understand number 2 in relationship to sleuthing…. does it actually matter? would the answer help solve this crime? Number 3 isn’t dog related
Point 1? Yeah, I get it. I truly do… whether it’s related to the dog or not. My guess is that it isn’t related specifically the the events of the night. MOO
In trying to understand the behavior of the people who lived in the home where the murders occurred:
- custody matters can lead to manipulative behavior, and criminal behavior even;
- police protocol for processing a crime scene involving an animal could explain no. 2;
- no. 3 could absolutely be dog-related...a bloody dog might explain "summoning friends" first.

BBM:

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.
Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

From the horse's mouth, as of today.

The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times.

That all weren't murdered in their beds does not mean they were not all asleep.

My opinion.

Not sure if this has been mentioned... But I'd be curious of any meat processing businesses/plants around Moscow. I just keep going back to the physicality of stabbing 4 people again and again in such short succession. I know people keep talking of someone used to blood, like a hunter, but this might be another angle. Wonder if there could be a person employed like this, attends local bars with college kids, follows them on social, but is on the fringes/not belonging due to their social groups due to his working and not being a student. Possibly tried to chat up one of the girls, got rejected etc.

Just a possible thought, opinion, etc.

I have an issue with the idea that someone was a ‘target’ .
I think it is one line of thinking and only matters to the investigators, so keep it to yourself.

How does that make a parent feel to know your child was or was not the target Of a murderer? That is a very strange place to put a grieving parent either way.

Think about it, your loved one died but they were not the target- they were collateral damage. The killer was actually after someone else.. for whatever reason. Really? It isn’t even a fact. Why on earth would LE make such a statement to the parents and public?

Consider the flip side, your child was the target of a killer and three other people were collateral damage. They were not intending on killing them, but they did to get to your child.

The only thing such as statement does is divide the parents who should be supporting each other. Saying such a thing to me reeks of poor judgment

JMO
I agree completely. It causes ppl ie in social media/YT to point fingers, and loved ones to develop resentment that may in the end be completely baseless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak