ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated info. Above. Interesting to note they’ve added key phrasing “ at this time in the investigation “ to their disclaimer on who they do NOT believe are suspects.
tbf, they’ve been using that/similar language going back to at least 11/18/22, so not new. JMHO
https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2554

Thread is open again.

When someone posts a rumor, please do NOT respond. Just Report and let us nip it in the bud.

Responding makes a lot of extra work for us, and we get cranky when we have to read through almost an entire thread to find and clean up 25+ responses about something that should never have been posted in the first place.

Thank you.

LE on why they are not releasing the killer's profile:

"It will potentially put more fear, more suspicion on a wide variety of people..."

Does it mean that they don't suspect someone close to the victims with a personal grudge that wouldn't be a danger to the public in general?

According to the interview, the police believe that one or more of the three women were targets, so not E.
the problem with releasing profiles is it is an inexact science sometime they are very accurate sometimes they are not. LE professionals understand this and know how to use this and that they are only a tool. The general public doesn't not. if you release the profile it causes people to stop turning in tips and information about people that do not exactly fit the profile in there opinion. this is not good.

That’s a good point. Perhaps they could be waiting on DNA evidence to fully clear those?

I hope so much that they have seriously useful DNA evidence.

I don’t know how LE thinks. I’m not sure they really even think in terms of clearing people—more like finding evidence that points toward someone guilty, maybe?

My guess is that they only post the list of ‘cleared’ to try to take the heat off of innocent people who’ve been hit hard by sleuther speculation. So they’re not going to bother to add anyone to the list unless they’re already in the public eye.

All this only my speculation.

Kaylee Goncalves' father speaks out on the Idaho student murders investigation​

Kaylee Goncalves' father, Steve Goncalves, shared his thoughts on the investigation and the hunt for the killer on 'Lawrence Jones Cross Country.'
Kaylee Goncalves' father speaks out on the Idaho student murders investigation | Fox News Video
Other than the 45 seconds that seemed like a complete pandering (to both the network he was on and LE in general) this clip reaffirmed that police obviously have much more evidence/info than they've released & also have been very specific in word choice in releases. I don't necessarily think father has info that would sabotage or hurt the investigation/conviction by telling the media---I just think LE blanketly would like any and all information to come directly from them for a myriad of reasons. That all said....it really is painful to watch and see the devastation & anguish on the man's face, in his voice. Whether it's my theory, someone else's or we are all completely wrong....dammit I hope we get a resolution to this case and the family & friends can get some closure (and peace).

Being a true crime fan for a long long time it's always been something we are told that its really hard to stab someone without hurting yourself also, and that It would be near impossible to stab 4 people to death without doing some noticeable damage to yourself also. Do we have any doctors/pathologist/corner or forensic experts that know if this is actually true or just something you hear on TV shows.

If this is true then I wonder why they are not asking people about 'do you know anyone that suddenly turned up with injuries to their hands' etc. seems like something I would be doing if the above is true. if it is not and it is possible for a skilled person who is careful to stab 4 ppl to death without injuring themselves then nvm.

Other than the 45 seconds that seemed like a complete pandering (to both the network he was on and LE in general) this clip reaffirmed that police obviously have much more evidence/info than they've released & also have been very specific in word choice in releases. I don't necessarily think father has info that would sabotage or hurt the investigation/conviction by telling the media---I just think LE blanketly would like any and all information to come directly from them for a myriad of reasons. That all said....it really is painful to watch and see the devastation & anguish on the man's face, in his voice. Whether it's my theory, someone else's or we are all completely wrong....dammit I hope we get a resolution to this case and the family & friends can get some closure (and peace).
I agree with your POV. When I watched that interview ( besides that weird 45 seconds you mentioned which seemed Unnecessary) I got the feeling that more information is soon to be released, seems like the family is eager to share more.

Being a true crime fan for a long long time it's always been something we are told that its really hard to stab someone without hurting yourself also, and that It would be near impossible to stab 4 people to death without doing some noticeable damage to yourself also. Do we have any doctors/pathologist/corner or forensic experts that know if this is actually true or just something you hear on TV shows.

If this is true then I wonder why they are not asking people about 'do you know anyone that suddenly turned up with injuries to their hands' etc. seems like something I would be doing if the above is true. if it is not and it is possible for a skilled person who is careful to stab 4 ppl to death without injuring themselves then nvm.
They were sleeping according to ME. Personally...I can do some serious damage to a big porterhouse steak with a pretty gnarly steak knife without hurting myself. Obviously I'm being a bit sarcastic...but I don't think it's out of realm of possibility someone with a large knife (that is made to inflict some horrendous carnage) could incapacitate & kill 4 people who are all either asleep, somewhat sleepy/waking or unsuspecting. Add in that it was 30, 35 degrees out so person probably had coat & gloves or multiple layers on and I could see it. Obv I hope they sliced themselves to hell, but I digress.

LE on why they are not releasing the killer's profile:

"It will potentially put more fear, more suspicion on a wide variety of people..."

Does it mean that they don't suspect someone close to the victims with a personal grudge that wouldn't be a danger to the public in general?

According to the interview, the police believe that one or more of the three women were targets, so not E.

I feel it's the opposite - if this was a serial killer they could release the profile as it's more 'anonymous' and want people to lock doors, be aware of surroundings, be cautious of people, etc.

The fact they think it will put more fear and suspicion on a wide variety (so specific/certain?) of people to me seems either like a specific geographical, social circle or familial demographic would be impacted by this. MOO, I'm thinking out loud completely!

I have watched at least four or five experts in a variety of criminal fields being interviewed on national news networks since this has happened… I was surprised that ALL had been stating that killers who commit stabbings often injure themselves in the process because blood is extremely slippery… who knew? They said a lot of the time that’s how they are able to get DNA of the killer… because they cut themselves. They also said that the likelihood that the killer injured himself also goes up quite a bit when the medical examiner has determined the victim had defensive wounds. So my personal hope is that since we have four victims, and even some with defensive wounds, the killer did cut himself and did leave some DNA behind. I was watching Lawrence Jones tonight about this case, and there was some insinuation from law-enforcement that a lot of evidence was being processed, and I think they are hopeful they have the killers DNA somewhere in all their samples. And very best case scenario, it’s already on file.

In the earlier stages of the investigation, K's family was able to help the police with info that the latter could not have obtained without warrants. Her father feels frustrated that he can no longer contribute in the same way due to LE not sharing as much with the family. It's good that he encouraged students to send in digital info which could also be used to confirm or dispel people's alibis.

I feel it's the opposite - if this was a serial killer they could release the profile as it's more 'anonymous' and want people to lock doors, be aware of surroundings, be cautious of people, etc.

The fact they think it will put more fear and suspicion on a wide variety (so specific/certain?) of people to me seems either like a specific geographical, social circle or familial demographic would be impacted by this. MOO, I'm thinking out loud completely!

Makes me think of the Greek life... Perhaps there was a message left, or a symbol, something to indicate a connection to that select group of the student body. mo

Were all the roommates members of sororities (including the young ladies that survived)?

Please provide a link to that source. Thanks!

It's in the link that was provided upthread:

Several people have been ruled out as suspects for the time being, the police department said, including:

• The two surviving roommates
  • Other people in the house when 911 was called
  • The person who drove Goncalves and Mogen home
  • A man seen in surveillance video from a food truck visited by Goncalves and Mogen
  • A man Goncalves and Mogen called “numerous times” in the hours before their death

And it's way past the season for berries in that region, is it not?
As an avid gardener I can answer this, there are many shrubs and trees that bloom in the spring/summer and produce berries in the fall/winter.
Some are evergreens, like holly,
some produce berries on bare branches, like hawthorn. This makes them especially popular in the north for winter landscaping when there aren’t many other choices for color.
This is why you see so many flower arraignments/decorations at Thanksgiving and Christmas with berries, they are seasonal to those holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304