ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just random observations since we don't know anything new and are just rehashing:
-deep diving on the girls socials, it seems that Xana lived in the house the longest. She has roommate pics from 2020 with her and 5 others at that house. She and Maddie appeared to be close for a couple of years, before living together. Were they in the same pledge class?
-Maddie seems to be the most exposed on social media, because she modeled for a boutique in town - there are tons of pictures of Maddie that any random creeper in the area would have come across on their social media.
-Xana is tagged in many Sigma Chi pics - pics that don't include E or her. I partied in college but didn't go to a school with a big Greek presence. Would a sorority member be assigned to or connected with a fraternity as a liaison of some sort? Some of the pics are only guys, all the guys and just Xana tagged. Just wondering if this is odd or insignificant. It at least suggests to me that X was closely connected with the fraternity as a whole, even before E came to school.

All JMO and straw grasping
I was in a sorority at a large university and we had organized parties with the same few frats but no one was specifically assigned in any sort of role associated with them.

The bolded part is interesting to think about.

They could be close guy friends of hers or a friend’s bf (and her friend removed her own tag), but I wouldn’t expect her to necessarily be tagged if she’s not in the photo. If it’s a previous bf she had in the frat prior to Ethan maybe then I could see tagging her if she’s at the event but not in the photo. Still weird to do, but that’s the only thing I can think of as to what would prompt her to be tagged. MOO. Not suggesting she had a previous bf in the frat at all, I have no idea.

It could be that the killer(s) suffered no wounds. It's also possible that a single killer lives alone. It's also possible that the killer(s) are 3 states away right now, so anything unusual wouldn't likely be associated with this crime.
hard to believe this person is that isolated. Even if you live alone, you need to procure food, gas, etc...Obviously he has been around, particularly in the vicinity of the house. Unless he's a millionaire, he must have been employed somewhere. Like they always say...somebody had to have seen something, or observed something.

I was in a sorority at a large university and we had organized parties with the same few frats but no one was specifically assigned in any sort of role associated with them.

They could be close guy friends of hers or a friend’s bf (and her friend removed her own tag), but I wouldn’t expect her to necessarily be tagged if she’s not in the photo. If it’s a previous bf she had in the frat prior to Ethan maybe then I could see tagging her if she’s at the event but not in the photo. Still weird to do, but that’s the only thing I can think of as to what would prompt her to be tagged. MOO. Not suggesting she had a previous bf in the frat at all, I have no idea.
I noticed this but then realized she was tagged because she was present in one of the photos in the series. It confused me at first until I noticed it was a series of photos, one of which she was featured in.

LE on why they are not releasing the killer's profile:

"It will potentially put more fear, more suspicion on a wide variety of people..."

Does it mean that they don't suspect someone close to the victims with a personal grudge that wouldn't be a danger to the public in general?

According to the interview, the police believe that one or more of the three women were targets, so not E.
Maybe releasing the killer's profile would cause students to transfer out of Univ of Idaho and cause enrollment to decrease. I think the killer is current student or recent graduate who had some sort of jealousy towards the King house residents.

I would be surprised if the killer didn’t leave town. It’s the perfect opportunity to escape. People went home. Some might not come back. Disappearing wouldn’t be sus at all.

This whole thing seems… planned. It’s like the perp chose the perfect timing. Holidays are a messy period. People are moving around, going home, traveling, etc. There’s no order. It adds chaos to the investigation. This leads me to believe that the killer is not some opportunist nutcase who surrendered to his “urges“, but someone sound of mind who planned this whole thing very carefully. He chose the house, the girl (girls?), the timing. None of this was accidental.

IMO it’s a serial killer. Could be a student, a local, or a transient. Either way, I doubt he’s in town anymore.

I'm keeping my speculation to myself but I have thoughts...
Yes, and the neon “Good Vibes” light was still glowing and could be seen in photos after the murder in media photos. I actually have the same sign. It was purchased from Target and is extremely bright! If that was illuminated the night of the killings, the killer had no problem seeing in that particular room. It’s very bright!
Didn’t someone at the food truck say “good vibes” coming from the guy with the hoodie?

That wasn't the case in all of them - I flipped through the series and at least 1 was a single photo of several guys.

I don't say any of this to disparage X - but I am in the "frat holds the answers" camp so it' makes me curious about any frat brothers resenting E because they felt possessive of X. All IMO

Eta it could be something as simple as she took the photo so they tagged her. IMO

Same time zone. Arizona and western ID are both pacific time
AZ is MST. Moscow, ID is PST.
Daily Saving Time ended on November 6th. So, it was not a factor in any time difference.

7:08 PMCentral Standard Time
Chicago (GMT-6)
6:08 PMMountain Standard Time
Denver (GMT-7)
Phoenix (GMT-7)
5:08 PMPacific Standard Time
Los Angeles (GMT-8)
4:08 PMAlaska Standard Time
Anchorage (GMT-9)
3:08 PMHawaii-Aleutian Standard Time
Honolulu (GMT-10)

AZ is MST. Moscow, ID is PST

7:08 PMCentral Standard Time
Chicago (GMT-6)
Denver (GMT-7)
Phoenix (GMT-7)
5:08 PMPacific Standard Time
Los Angeles (GMT-8)
4:08 PMAlaska Standard Time
Anchorage (GMT-9)
3:08 PMHawaii-Aleutian Standard Time
Honolulu (GMT-10)
And isn't AZ the state that doesn't recognize DST?

When I was in school my fraternity had a sister sorority. Some of the girls in that sorority were little sisters in our fraternity. It's been awhile but I think I remember it that way. Maybe that is the case here?

Last edited:
And isn't AZ the state that doesn't recognize DST?
DST ended on November 6th, so the times in the chart are accurate. On Nov 12 and 13, midnight in Phoenix would be 11 pm in Moscow, ID.

At this time:

Eastern Standard Time
Time zone in Washington, DC (GMT-5)
Sunday, November 27, 2022, 8:15 PM
7:15 PMCentral Standard Time
Chicago (GMT-6)
6:15 PMMountain Standard Time
Denver (GMT-7)
6:15 PMMountain Standard Time
Phoenix (GMT-7)
5:15 PMPacific Standard Time
Los Angeles (GMT-8)