ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincere condolences to this young lady. I can't imagine her pain.

However, LE is not "throwing around the term targeted". They've confirmed it.

• 'We still believe it was a targeted attack based on the evidence at the scene and how everything developed, what we know. We believe that's accurate,' he (Idaho State Police spokesman Aaron Snell) said

I wonder too if they're hedging on that point because they suspect that the killer may have come in through the lower floor front door, with the keycode, as there were no signs of forced entry. Seems like if there were visible blood on the first floor the survivors would have called 911 right away instead of calling friends. JMO.
Agree, I think that -- in many ways -- speculating on the 911 call is a moot point, as the roommates and callers have been ruled out. However, I wonder what the roommates and other visitors / friends saw to call 911? I think if there was blood on the floor, you'd call 911 immediately. If there isn't anything, but roommates aren't responding, a different approach would make sense, such as calling friends or having backup when taking the more serious option (i.e., calling 911). JMO.

Have only recently seen the images of the front door and stairs to the second level. Whether you came in from the parking level, or somewhere else, it would be difficult to miss the other levels.

I have been studying the area that Moscow PD has requested video footage from:

West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)

A couple of things stood out to me:
They are basically looking at the area south of the university and not including the University itself. Is it because there are enough cameras on campus that they didn’t need any more footage or they didn’t spot any unusual movement there?
The north boundary of the area they are looking at is Taylor Rd. This is the road that runs between Greek Row and the victims‘ home.
The west boundary is the Arboretum/Botanical Gardens
The south boundary, W Palouse River Dr, is basically the southernmost east-west road in town.
The east boundary is Highway 95 S. This makes sense and squares off the area EXCEPT they want footage that goes all the way down 95S past W Palouse River Dr to the 2700 block. This is at the approximate location of Wasankari Construction which is at 2730.
When Moscow PD released their map, they showed a squared off area, but they weren’t showing W Palouse River Dr as the southern boundary. Why? Granted the 2700 block is less than a mile from the intersection but I think something, a vehicle, has caught their eye on 95 south of town and they are trying to track its movements that night.
Does Wasankari Construction have a video camera that showed something that caught their interest that night; a vehicle that may have been observed one or more times between 3:00 am and 6:00 am near the crime scene and then seen heading south out of town on Hwy 95?
I’ve attached 2 maps; the one released by Moscow PD and one I drew to explain what I am trying to say. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thoughts?
Following the potential perp out of town?

Was it in the most recent press conference, or somewhere else, that LE said they would not disclose whether there was evidence of the perp being on the first floor (ground level, where the surviving roommates were sleeping)? I agree with other posters that the perp might have tracked blood into the first level, or left some other evidence that they visited that floor and left the surviving roommates unharmed. The language of "not disclosing" suggests there might be something. Was there a blood trail on the floor that led the surviving roommates to call for help, or feel cause for alarm? Just another horrible possibility. JMO.
I agree…I got the impression when he answered the question that they may have had evidence of the perp being on the 1st floor. On top of everything else the roommates had to deal with from that night, to maybe know that the killer was right outside their door? Or maybe even in their room?

From the 11/23 press conference:

Reporter - I was wondering if there's any evidence that suggests the attacker visited the first floor where the two surviving roommates were?.

Chief - That information will not be released at this time. It's part of our investigation and, as we stated earlier, there's many things that are involved in an investigation that we'll release and things we wont.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

I’m watching this video now and it gives an outstanding 360 degree look at the immediate area around the house as well as surrounding neighborhood. It’s definitely worth a look IMO! Thank you for recommending it!

Yeah it gives me a completely different perspective. Makes me wonder if the guy lives in one of the surrounding houses or apartments. I also now think he may have come in downstairs and known the code. But, the safest way with no detection would be the back!

The discussion is interesting.

2 Sororities on campus are currently on disciplinary probation including Pi Beta Phi. (Maddie, Xana & surviving roommate are all members)
Updated timeline discussion as to why and if cameras. (although she got the time wrong and said 11:56)
Woah, that’s new information on the sorority. I wonder when they were put on probation…

The discussion is interesting.

2 Sororities on campus are currently on disciplinary probation including Pi Beta Phi. (Maddie, Xana & surviving roommate are all members)
Updated timeline discussion as to why and if cameras. (although she got the time wrong and said 11:56)
I also noticed incorrect time was stated as so many people on here know 1:56 as the time.

The University’s website just lists Health & Safety. Gonna browse the site some more to see if there’s any further insight on what that could mean.

Quoting myself…Health & Safety means:

Health & Safety: Violations or concerns regarding Risk Management, Alcohol/Drugs, or Hazing

@Warwick7

Why not a woman? Someone said because a woman is not capable of murdering 4 people with a knife. I disagree. Especially if the blade was sharp enough. One poster mentioned stabbing through bones and tendons and muscles, but in the abdomen and neck, there is a lot of damage that can be done without going through bone.

IMO, the lack of a sexual component, the use of a knife instead of a gun, the gruesome nature of the crime, and even the lack of a good suspect, makes me think it could be a woman. I mean, when we're all reviewing videos and photos, are we even looking at the females that came into close contact with them? A woman could have used some of the victims clothes to escape in while carrying the items they wore to commit the crime. These girls were all in sororities, which are very competitive and there are a lot of "mingling" with frat guys. It wouldnt be a stretch to think of a jealous or spurned woman coming for payback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita