ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe one of the victims was the whistleblower that got the sororities put on official suspension.

My daughter lives in a sorority house and getting put on probation or kicked off campus is a BIG DEAL. If one of the victims was involved in that, I could see the murders being revenge.
Agree it is a big deal to be on probation and usually comes with loss of privileges.

If their sororities were on probation for that semester, it could be the girls held sorority functions or just more gatherings in general at their house since having any type of alcohol or official function in their sorority house would absolutely be prohibited if on probation.

They likely lost the ability to have “official” parties with frats as well, so anything like that would have to take place either informally at the frat, a bar, or informally at the girl’s (or other sorority members) house.

Just providing some background on what being on probation would likely mean (source: I was in a sorority at a large university)

I seriously think that something went down before this happened (perhaps a cheating scandal/academic theft)- something that got reported by one of the roommates. Someone in their social circle blabbed about it and the person who got in trouble (academic suspension/booted out of school/fraternity/sorority.) than killed these four people out of revenge or retribution.
I feel we would have heard about it if this were the case.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so using one of the places below. Please put "FOR THE MODS" in the description. Thank you.
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

DID YOU KNOW BY THE END OF THE DAY OUR MODS WILL HAVE HANDLED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF ALERTS? YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW GOOD THE MODS ARE AT THEIR JOBS.

One of the many things I love about Websleuths is we can come on here, discuss true crime, and not have to deal with all the stupid drama and baloney we have to deal with on other platforms. Do you know why? It is the hard work of our wonderful volunteer moderators.

Because of these incredible moderators, you don't see the following, the trolls that constantly try and disrupt. You don't see the newbies who don't know the rules and post a bunch of unproven rumors in cases, You don't see the mean people insulting your posts, you don't see the stupid threats angry people post, and guess what? I could go on and on. In other words, the mods make your experience the best you can find when it comes to discussing true crime.

If you could donate even one dollar that would be great. If half the people that come to Websleuths today donated one dollar we would be able to give the mods a wonderful bonus for all their hard work.

One hundred percent of the money raised goes to the moderators.

If you cannot donate we completely understand. If you could please post a word of thanks to our mods on THIS THREAD that would be wonderful.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using one of the places below and be sure and put in the description "FOR THE MODS"
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. It costs nothing to join and it never will.
If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.
Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Agree it is a big deal to be on probation and usually comes with loss of privileges.

If their sororities were on probation for that semester, it could be the girls held sorority functions or just more gatherings in general at their house since having any type of alcohol or official function in their sorority house would absolutely be prohibited if on probation.

They likely lost the ability to have “official” parties with frats as well, so anything like that would have to take place either informally at the frat, a bar, or informally at the girl’s (or other sorority members) house.

Just providing some background on what being on probation would likely mean (source: I was in a sorority at a large university)
I was wondering about the living conditions. When I was in college, Greek members had to live in their houses. Is this not true at U of I? Or were the victims living on King because of problems in the sorority house?

I understand that the school felt the need to stop classes but I wondered if that didn’t happen and the suspect is a student they would not have went to classes.
Also the suspect had to be covered in blood, it would seem. Did they dispose of their clothes, shoes.

Jmo

MY OPINION ONLY!
Also in this video Jonathan Gilliam says, in reference to the surviving roommates calling other people to the house before LE...."Just about the strangest, oddest thing I've ever heard". This really chimes with my feeling. I know LE HAVE RULED THE SURVIVORS OUT AS SUSPECTS, i must stress, but their reaction calling someone else/others before LE is baffling and I cannot think of ANY justification for it. It doesn't matter if you are 10 years old, 50 years old or 90 years old, if you wake up to people unconscious or whatever you call 911, whether that's for police or ambulance because time is of the essence. It's just not adding up. If they woke and thought one of the roomates on the 2nd floor had collapsed or o'd or anything why not shout or call up to K&M on the 3rd floor? Then they would've found they too were dead. Also, we are told the crime scene was "gruesome" yet the survivors seen this and called someone unknown and waited for them to arrive. It's very weird, I definitely think there is a lot we are not being told and some would be revealed by the 911 call, hence they wont release it. Curiouser and curiouser...

I don’t find it that odd. The first thing I might have done, if I saw some bloody horrific scene, would be to get OUT of that house…maybe run screaming outside for help. For all anyone knew, it could havejust happened and the killer could be in the house. I would have wanted OUT!

I was wondering about the living conditions. When I was in college, Greek members had to live in their houses. Is this not true at U of I? Or were the victims living on King because of problems in the sorority house?
Houses are never big enough to house the entire group of members. Whether upperclassmen or sophomores live in the house typically depends on the school and even amongst the sororities at the school. I lived in mine as a senior which was very common for my sorority and where I went to school, but I know other places where it’s typically sophomores and juniors. In either case only a portion of members can actually live in the house at one time. Others live in dorms or off campus and usually come to the house once a week for an organized chapter meeting (all members present for updates, etc).

So I keep thinking about the knife threat back in September and really think it is related. Someone in the community has become unhinged and I think they were close to doing something that day in September and thought better of it (awake targets are not as easy to deal with as sleeping ones.) Depending on where along the path (articles state between the steam plant lot 14 and the student rec center) the incident happened, it is roughly a 16-20 minute walk to 1122 King Road. It seems clear that this individual is extremely familiar with this area. I feel like it would be hard for a student to pull something like this off without being recognized, I get the feeling it is not, but that is my opinion.

So I keep thinking about the knife threat back in September and really think it is related. Someone in the community has become unhinged and I think they were close to doing something that day in September and thought better of it (awake targets are not as easy to deal with as sleeping ones.) Depending on where along the path (articles state between the steam plant lot 14 and the student rec center) the incident happened, it is roughly a 16-20 minute walk to 1122 King Road. It seems clear that this individual is extremely familiar with this area. I feel like it would be hard for a student to pull something like this off without being recognized, I get the feeling it is not, but that is my opinion.

Last edited:
Has there been any info on whether one of the four had more significant injuries? TIA
I have not read or heard anything definitive in this regard from LE. However, it is my opinion that one of the four deceased had significant more injuries. Hence, that it is why the attack was initially labelled targeted. But, this is only my opinion.

Last edited:
I should add, I am wondering if LE is revisiting that incident, maybe that group of students could help compile a composite sketch of the individual they saw that day on the bike path? Since there is so little known about the suspect it may be helpful.

Houses are never big enough to house the entire group of members. Whether upperclassmen or sophomores live in the house typically depends on the school and even amongst the sororities at the school. I lived in mine as a senior which was very common for my sorority and where I went to school, but I know other places where it’s typically sophomores and juniors. In either case only a portion of members can actually live in the house at one time. Others live in dorms or off campus and usually come to the house once a week for an organized chapter meeting (all members present for updates, etc).
Does u of I have a sorority house for their sorority? Lots don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member