ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me think because, yes, obviously, we're all filling in the blanks and deciding who did it, or what type of person did it, but maybe the way to approach this is to see the person you think did it, visualize them, and walk it step by step to the end. Putting the facts we know at this time together to fit the crime, we should all be asking and answering:

how did they prepare? how did they get there? what weapon did they bring? who did they kill first? who did they target? how would LE be able to determine that? how did they escape the scene without leaving a bloody trail? how did they get home? how do they feel now? will they do it again? why?

It's like writing a story. Sometimes you know what you want the end to be, but the end alone isn't a story. A guess at who did it isn't enough. As the process evolves, the questions and answers provide lot of information and they can be convincing. whereas a "the butler did it" is not compelling. Just a late night challenge to all you creative analytical types here.
How can we answer all those questions without knowing more facts?. Struggling to make sense of this.

We're not writing a novel, we're discussing, with the facts we have at hand, theories.

How can you visualise someone committing these atrocious acts from beginning to end when we don't have all the facts?. That's just guesswork.

Also, we can't read someone else's mind as to how they may be feeling. Even all the behavioural analysts are differing in their theories. So, we have no hope.

We can ask questions and offer our theories but no-one can answer the questions with certainty.

I was going back watching some media from early on in the investigation and I’m having trouble with something.

In the interview with the coroner (linked below), she is asked about approximate time of death (specifically hours vs. a day, etc.) and she replies that she doesn’t know. We know she arrived on scene a little after 5pm that day and that the autopsy was done on the 17th, which would have been the following Tuesday I believe.

Why, when there are four people found stabbed to death, was a temperature check on organs not done? Usually an ME would be called to a scene like this to establish some kind of approximate time of death, even if they would not be the person to perform the autopsy.

I find this really quite odd and almost negligent in this case? The only reason I can find for this not having been done is that they know exactly when it happened, which I don’t believe is the case. MOO

Thoughts?

Le said between 3 am and 4 am at the very beginning which I thought was impossibly specific wo some kind of evidence. Even after autopsy, that specific timeframe would be difficult to pinpoint. Jmo

I don't think it has ever been definitively clarified that the dance was on Saturday night, some of us think it was on Friday night. E's mother said that the dance was the last time the triplets were together, but she didn't say when it was, but it is clear that it was a recent event. We also don't know if X was at the dance. We just know that E was with his sister, and H (brother of E) was with the roommate of M (sister of E). I would assume it took place at M's sorority, and not at the frat house near the crime scene. JMO.
Now I'm beginning to wonder if the dance was the weekend prior, parents weekend.

...I try to avoid spending too much time on coming up with endless theories. It's really a horrible image to imagine, and we are all experiencing some amount of horror daily wondering how this could've happened, and waiting for an arrest. It's impossible to avoid thinking about it, but be kind to yourselves and don't feed your mind too many gory images. Prayers.

Does anyone else feel awful not just for the victims and their families but for all the people in this town. I can’t imagine the anxiety

Yes. This is so horrific and shocking! I live many miles away and am particularly upset about this crime. It’s really devastating.
Yes, that's why I had just said what I did in that top quote. A person can make themselves sick and overwrought thinking too much about these disturbing and uncommon murders of four in a cruel, brutal way, and truly the stuff of nightmares. So, please be kind to yourself. Got to rest my mind now. Good-Night All.​

Le said between 3 am and 4 am at the very beginning which I thought was impossibly specific wo some kind of evidence. Even after autopsy, that specific timeframe would be difficult to pinpoint. Jmo
Well they have ring
cam footage of girls coming home from food truck.
It's likely they have more than that..
Early reports are frequently modified as new info becomes available.
I don't imagine theey have footage of killer entering or leaving though which suggests killer/s used an entry point out of view of the ringcam, the victims did not.

I imagine it was later than 3am as the girls were still awake at that time.

It's been my feeling that a female suspect is likely, due to the dynamics of the all female household and no sexual assaults-- but, I think it could also be an (older) man avenging on behalf of a female peer of the college students. A father figure "for" his daughter for instance (not necessarily with daughter's knowledge or approval, but who may realize it now), attempting to even some score.

I try not to get tunnel vision on my hunches, but I'm still not satisfied that the root of this group being targeted wasn't someone who may have vied for K's spot in the house and was badly (hurtfully, in their eyes) turned down/spurned. The main targets then being X and M, the primary decision-makers on the subject, located on separate floors of the house.

Per information here at WS: Xana held the lease, had the house for a couple of years. Xana and Maddie had a longstanding work relationship at the Mad Greek and probably had a large community of acquaintances from there.

The catalyst being someone in their orbit, yes, in their age group, yes, but perhaps not exactly a social peer for one reason or another. The suspect, maybe not so much.

I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone else, but I'd love some feedback. I'm certainly not tied-down to the idea, but I just don't get full on male energy from this crime. No sexual component in a house full of beautiful young women seems off.

jmo
moo
mo
Yes I have been wondering the same too. A jealous woman can be terrifying! Plus the murders were done in the victims sleep, with all but one presumed to be killed out of their bed. So a strong female could easily have killed all 4, its not impossible. Sleepy, drunk victims who are attacked without any warning can easily be overpowered.

I keep going round in circles with my theories however! I still believe it was most probably a male who lives nearby and has ',watched' their house. I believe he's had interaction with them previously. I also think that x and e woke and the killer had to 'deal' with them which made the plan take a different turn. I also believe one of the surviving roommates saw the scene and collapsed before they could even ring911, thus meaning someone else used their cellphone and asked for help for an unconscious person.

These victims had wonderful lives, all were extremely attractive and successful. But they all were staying in an unsecured house and with easy access to the property, and someone coveted them in either a revengeful or sexual way, I'm just unsure what.
Also quick question as I'm new here...what does moo mean???

Yes I have been wondering the same too. A jealous woman can be terrifying! Plus the murders were done in the victims sleep, with all but one presumed to be killed out of their bed. So a strong female could easily have killed all 4, its not impossible. Sleepy, drunk victims who are attacked without any warning can easily be overpowered.

I keep going round in circles with my theories however! I still believe it was most probably a male who lives nearby and has ',watched' their house. I believe he's had interaction with them previously. I also think that x and e woke and the killer had to 'deal' with them which made the plan take a different turn. I also believe one of the surviving roommates saw the scene and collapsed before they could even ring911, thus meaning someone else used their cellphone and asked for help for an unconscious person.

These victims had wonderful lives, all were extremely attractive and successful. But they all were staying in an unsecured house and with easy access to the property, and someone coveted them in either a revengeful or sexual way, I'm just unsure what.
Also quick question as I'm new here...what does moo mean???

Moo = my opinion only

Moo. When I was at school any significant dispute between students, classes or schools was always well known and gossip was rife. Looking at the girls at the food stand, they look Like they are comfortable and relaxed, not aware of any threat. IMO this must be an unknown person or persons, possibly a roving type who has done similar things before. Stays in an area for a while watching and waiting, strikes and then moves on.

I am leaning towards a pair of offenders, maybe two men or a man and a women.

My opinion only of course.

VISAs to the US require biometrics, so info would be on file.

• For U.S. Visas the chosen biometric identifier method is a digital photo and electronic fingerprints. All fingers of a visa applicant are electronically scanned in a quick, inkless process during the consular officer's interview with the applicant.
Thanks!

Forensic experts help me, with all that carnage especially in the hallway, there has to some of the perps DNA left at scene. My opinion I'm confident LE has perps DNA.

Walking through that house would shake me to the core as an LE investigator.

Sorry to be curious, but from this and another previous post you made about the lights and beer cans etc, I get the impression that you are near to the crime site? Please ignore if this is not relevant.
No, I am out of state. Just commenting my observations on media videos and photos already posted.

With no dna in the system and no fingerprints in AFIS, foreign or international student comes to mind…or someone with no criminal arrests obviously.
Naw, I can't see it. I think the killer is a straight-up American man, sadly.
Just like the people who died. He was likely young (20-30s), white and mid-western..... and in their acquaintance.
This wasn't random kills by a foreigner. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77