ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
They appear to have a university security program according to this. Having state police acting as campus security feels like a horrible waste of LE personnel, imho. Having state police do any necessary investigative work on campus crimes could make sense as it’s state property. But in my experience campus security would never handle off campus concerns. Security Services

MOO regarding targets …I think it’s likely that someone was targeted , however it’s also really possible that the killer knew that (the target/targets) lived there and simply didn’t know what bedroom they resided in. So I’m not sure we can necessarily draw any conclusions about who was target based upon bedroom layout or even who was killed first . For example , I know that 4 people live in my next door neighbors house but have no idea who’s bedroom is who’s.

Rage killing or someone who's killed in this manner before and who staked out the house. (Or a rage killing by someone who has done it before.)

Mostly, I'm doubting this is a first-time killer. Sadly. Frighteningly.

Not to be creepy, but it wouldn't be that hard to hide in those woods next to the house and see comings and goings and even, by watching a single person at a time moving from room to room, up and down stairs, to figure out a general layout of the house.

The fact that people here have been able to find interior photos of the house online and even some from the victims' social media accounts means that the perpetrator could have seen and studied those, as well.

I'm consistently shocked by how many people don't use blinds or curtains and/or don't use them at night when they have interior lights on in the home. You can see everything in people's houses this way.

I'm always scared for my neighbors when I'm out walking my dog and can see everyone in their house and what they're doing consistently at the same time every day. With someplace to hide, it's not difficult to gain enough information to be generally confident you know who and what kind of physical/bodily resistance to expect if you entered a home (weapons is another story).
I have neighbors who live directly across from the community mail boxes. Every time I stop to get my mail, I can usually see them moving about or eating in their dining room. If I were them, I would set up a good set of window shades, but they don’t seem to care,

I find this incredibly confusing.

Shortly before noon: Two surviving roommates wake up. After finding one of the victims on the second floor unresponsive, they call friends over to the house.

That is not a direct quote and is probably the author's interpretation. Grain of salt. Imo.

But in my experience campus security would never handle off campus concerns. Security Services
Yeah different campuses no doubt handle things differently but this doesn't read like they have officers - they are "community" based. In my college town the campus employs police officers and the local community does too. They work together all the time and 911 can go to either depending on where you call from. But the UofI set up doesn't sound like that, imo.

MOO. I agree with those who say target was likely a top floor woman or women. Perp maybe was surprised there after entering that room, maybe the two were in same room and one made a commotion that E heard below and woke up and started to investigate and was confronted just outside X’s bedroom.

Now E looks like a tall guy and I’ve read he was HS athlete [basketball and tennis]. Thus perp was proficient [trained?] with his knife and had element of surprise and viciousness.

Does anyone get an OJ vibe here?

As I recall, evidence indicated Ron Goldman interrupted OJ finishing off Nicole. Evidence indicated Ron put up a furious fight and had a black belt. But OJ was much bigger and a supreme athlete and had that knife.

May not be so well known, but OJ had recently filmed the pilot ep for a Navy Seals type TV series. I saw that he had received instructions, from former military advisor, on knife kills not long before the Nicole and Ron murders. (Show never aired.)

OJ had that knuckle wound when questioned by LE. Knife never recovered but one witness at airport recalled seeing OJ dump something in trash at airport.

Based on the fact that it was apparently a targeted attack, I rule out XK since she had a boyfriend so I think it's more likely the target is on floor 3 so he went up there
Based on the "fact" that it was "apparently" a targeted attack? I'm not sure it has been proven yet, since evidence hasn't been released, and is still mere speculation at this point. I think I know what you're saying though and I'm inclined to agree with your opinion.

In my experience it is pretty common for girls to drop out of sororities junior/senior year. It is a huge monetary and time commitment at a time when most college kids are starting to become increasingly focused on their future careers. This is not uncommon and would not mean that they were shunned socially from members of Greek life or their own sorority
This is very interesting. My Greek experience was not like that at all. If anything, a girl would drop out before initiation but rarely afterwards. In fact, I can never think of it happening at all when I was an active member. Now, girls may have shown up to events less often and not been as active (myself included), but they didn't officially "drop out" with a formal letter, etc. Each campus is different and Greek life varies from one university to another, of course. MOO

MOO. I agree with those who say target was likely a top floor woman or women. Perp maybe was surprised there after entering that room, maybe the two were in same room and one made a commotion that E heard below and woke up and started to investigate and was confronted just outside X’s bedroom.

Now E looks like a tall guy and I’ve read he was HS athlete [basketball and tennis]. Thus perp was proficient [trained?] with his knife and had element of surprise and viciousness.

Does anyone get an OJ vibe here?

As I recall, evidence indicated Ron Goldman interrupted OJ finishing off Nicole. Evidence indicated Ron put up a furious fight and had a black belt. But OJ was much bigger and a supreme athlete and had that knife.

May not be so well known, but OJ had recently filmed the pilot ep for a Navy Seals type TV series. I saw that he had received instructions, from former military advisor, on knife kills not long before the Nicole and Ron murders. (Show never aired.)

OJ had that knuckle wound when questioned by LE. Knife never recovered but one witness at airport recalled seeing OJ dump something in trash at airport.
I can't see how E and the Perp meet in the hall and don’t wake up floor 1 which is right below. E and Xs bed is visible from the hall and top of the stairs if the door is open. The distance from the bed and the hall isn't far. He easily could have just fallen off the bed and ended up in the hall.

I’m still of the belief that more than one person may have been targeted. I say this because I can’t see someone killing three other people as collateral. Of course, it’s impossible to get in the disturbed mind of a killer! My guess is it has something to do with envy or resentment that these select students lived a life that the perp can’t have. Perhaps one or more of the four victims slighted the perp in some way. I also feel the perp has been in the house before and knows his way around. It would have been too risky to enter if he wasn’t sure there would be no defensive firearms, and if he didn’t know where to find his victims. I believe he chose the late night/early morning hours knowing the victims would have been out drinking and likely to have fallen asleep easily. I would be very surprised to learn this perp hadn’t planned this carefully, and knows his way around both the house and surrounding area. All just my opinion so far based on what we have been told.

I think there are a multitude of possibilities for motive. They all had such robust lives and touched so many folks in so many sectors of society. I do not think they will be able to decipher who did this without dna evidence. What they can decipher is what type of person would be physically and mentally capable of this. That is a much smaller sample of society. Somebody out there knows someone who could do this and will have to speak up.

I’m getting Richard Speck vibes from this.
It’s weird that you say this, but I’m getting something sort of like this too.

When I first heard about this crime I thought it’s an X or something similar. He will be in custody by the end of the week etc. But after a week with no arrest my thinking started to change. Clearly, it’s not someone super close to them because there must have been a ton of evidence at the scene and some marks left on the perpetrator so an ex or a well-known stalker would have been caught right away. My current thoughts are now (I know this is not a popular theory):

- This is something much more along the lines of a thrill killing with a sexual component for whoever did it. I know there was no evidence of direct sexual assault, but the act of doing this is sexually stimulating to this type of offender much the same way setting fires is sexually stimulating to a serial arsonist.
- Many/most people here think this was a carefully planned out meticulously carried out crime. This is understandable, but I think this will end up being a case of a killer getting lucky appearing to be good. I think this was an impulsive crime of opportunity. Offender may have or taken interest in one of the victims, maybe even snooped around before, but I think his decision to act, and to act at the time he did was impulsive and opportunistic and he was more likely than not intoxicated.
- If the offender is known at all to the victims it will only be tangentially.
- there may have been some stalking going on but it will have been much more of the spying peeping literally stalking variety, and not the incel harass you into being my GF type of stalking. He was always looking for victims not a girlfriend.
- He did not know the inside of the house well and had likely never been inside. I think he came in though the second floor back sliding glass door and went room to room killing. I think he didn't know about the people downstairs and that’s why they are still alive.
-He was at the time if the crimes residing within walking distance of the crime scene. (Doesn’t have to be permanent residence).
-He is definitely a HE.
-This offender is dangerous and will do something like this again if he is not caught.
-would not surprise me if this is his first major offense, but he likely has a criminal record for petty stuff and substance abuse issues.

*** these are all just my current speculations and i know this is not a popular theory. Any or all could easily be wrong.

why would the killer close the br door when he left? what I think is most likely is D or B woke up went upstairs. Soon as ur upstairs u can see into Xs room. E was on floor blood everywhere. They freaked out ran downstairs to a safe room and called friends.
yeah this is my opinion as well. i think according to sleuthers, X's room is right at the top of the stairs coming from the first floor

edit: not top of stairs, but around the ledge of the stairs past the living room area

It would be interesting to find out if anyone that was at the same party as Ethan that night, also ended up at either Corner Club or food truck or both.

Just thinking how maybe more than one person could have been the target. It is hard to imagine that much rage directed at all 4...unless it's someone from their group that was in someway rejected by all of them.

I think the reason that the other roommates, or victims did not hear anything is because the killer cut their throats immediately, then stabbed them.
This is something I have been wondering about. It's been widely and often reported that the stab wounds were in the chest and/or "torso and upper body". Would this include the neck??

I also believe this might be a piece of info LE may withhold since its something only the killer would know.

MOO

why would the killer close the br door when he left? what I think is most likely is D or B woke up went upstairs. Soon as ur upstairs u can see into Xs room. E was on floor blood everywhere. They freaked out ran downstairs to a safe room and called friends.
For the same reason why bodies are covered up, maybe? It's insane and makes no sense, but closing and/or locking a door delays discovery of a body, same as covering one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member