ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on social media posts from Xana and Maddie, they lived in that house since Sept 2021. Xana posted a tiktok last year on Nov 13th of a party for Formal at that house (you can see the kitchen patio in the video
I saw that video too. The date of the murders is exactly one year later

I think by now they should know the order people were killed jmoo
They certainly do. So, as a result of that, they said yesterday that the target was the house (meaning all housemates), not individual. He went in to kill every single soul there. He just did not have time or will to kill the last two girls.

I sympathise with the LE on this, in other words they said that the perpetrator is a danger to any other group of attractive, successful young people. Hard to comprehend, but necessary to know especially if you are a student at UI or a parent of a student at UI.

I am really surprised that LE seemed to think that it was "someone they knew"...
I remember when they when they ruled out "murder suicide"...What the heck were they thinking????
Then, they called it a "crime of passion"..

It was pretty obvious from the beginning.....
My first post in this thread was: I don't think a significant other was involved here.

I think there is alot of "It can't happen here" mentality. Murders in Moscow are probably almost always between people who know each other.

I was just a baby when the Clutter family was murdered in at their farm in rural Kansas. The murder inspired Truman Capote's book, "In Cold Blood".

Moscow PD spokesperson asked about the 911 call he says "Unresponsive female" and says two "additional" people (seperate from unresponsive person) before stopping himself...

Source: Chanley Painter Twitter

The reporter than asks if the 'unresponsive female' was a survivor who had fainted at the scene...

*I have self reported incase source is not allowed.

No, the house is built on the slope, so the second floor sits directly on the ground.

idaho-murders-006.jpg

Floor plans reveal layout of house where killer knifed University of Idaho students to death: report
Actually, OP is correct. One of the 1st level bedrooms is directly beneath the 2nd level bedroom said to be X's room. Both are on the right side (west) when facing the house from the front, parking area side.

I am really surprised that LE seemed to think that it was "someone they knew"...
I remember when they when they ruled out "murder suicide"...What the heck were they thinking????
Then, they called it a "crime of passion"..

It was pretty obvious from the beginning.....
My first post in this thread was: I don't think a significant other was involved here.

I think there is alot of "It can't happen here" mentality. Murders in Moscow are probably almost always between people who know each other.

I was just a baby when the Clutter family was murdered in at their farm in rural Kansas. The murder inspired Truman Capote's book, "In Cold Blood".

After watching so many true crime shows I am used to so many detectives making assumptions- especially if the crime is brutal - they say it is a "crime of passion" when it turns out to be a random stranger killing. The other day there was a case where a woman was found in the basement and a carpet was thrown over her and the first thing the detective said was "she knew her killer who had remorse and couldn't look at her face" NO- it was a random killing and the guy put carpet over her to hide her body!!! There are some very good detectives, but there are some bad ones out there as well--- IMO the bad detectives cause many cases to go cold--

I just want to point out that in the case of Laci Peterson, her husband had to have always been suspect number one but he was free for four months before cops finally had enough to arrest He

He Was A prime suspect almost immediately, If my memory is correct it Was after The fetus washed ashore He Was Arrested

Moscow PD spokesperson asked about the 911 call he says "Unresponsive female" and says two "additional" people (seperate from unresponsive person) before stopping himself...

The reporter than asks if the 'unresponsive female' was a survivor who had fainted at the scene...

The description of the 911 call in that Twitter account (unresponsive female was one of the surviving roommates who fainted, and the passerby/friend had not seen any of the victims) makes a lot of sense.

Sharon Tate was not targeted by the Manson family the HOUSE was. Not crazy at all, it happens.
Yeah, sort of, but you have to twist the semantics. Manson had been to 10050 Cielo Drive before and thought he was sending his cultists to kill Terry Melcher, Doris Day's only son and a record producer who worked with The Byrds and The Beach Boys. Melcher represented wealth, music industry fame and the ultimate Hollywood "insider" to Manson. Yes, the killers were told not to leave any witnesses, but that doesn't mean Manson didn't have a person he was targeting; IIRC Melcher had heard some of Manson's songs--and as a Los Angeleno I am familiar with the fact that nobody speaks negatively in LA--and I assume Manson felt encouraged after the meeting. And then let down when nothing came of it.

IIRC also, Manson first stopped at a beach apartment house but the person he wanted killed wasn't home; in the case of the LaBiancas, I can't remember why they were targeted, but Manson went inside first to make sure they were home.

Etc. and so forth. Although you are right that "targeting the house" was the end result, it wasn't the original plan.

Of course, none of this rules out the possibility that some guy targeted the Kings Road house because he hated sorority girls or something; but the Manson example doesn't make this more likely.

After watching so many true crime shows I am used to so many detectives making assumptions- especially if the crime is brutal - they say it is a "crime of passion" when it turns out to be a random stranger killing. The other day there was a case where a woman was found in the basement and a carpet was thrown over her and the first thing the detective said was "she knew her killer who had remorse and couldn't look at her face" NO- it was a random killing and the guy put carpet over her to hide her body!!! There are some very good detectives, but there are some bad ones out there as well--- IMO the bad detectives cause many cases to go cold--
I agree, This criminal profiling And Crime of passion this, Random That, 50% Of The time I think it’s guess work, I Haven’t had access To the Idaho murders but, And It’s just A GUESS, I think perp knew his victims, Detectives say it’s a crime of passion, but who really knows It could end up just being a random thing..

Two thoughts here, I apologize if it’s been suggested already, but first, is it possible that the narrow timeframe for the killings, 3-4am, could be due to one of the downstairs roommates having heard something? Someone on here posted a quote from the mom of one of them, saying her daughter did hear something, but she couldn’t or didn’t comment further. Possibly a roommate was awakened by noise, checked the time, figured it was partying or the usual late night/early morning ruckus, and went back to sleep? And then, it my opinion the entire household was targeted, including the two surviving roommates, but either the struggle with X and/or E worried the perp of waking others and he took off earlier than planned, or he did go down to the first floor, but their doors were locked, and he didn’t want to make the necessary noise to break in. I’ve seen it quoted that they did have locks on their doors due to plenty of people coming and going through the first floor entrance. And there was an article noting that LE stated there was evidence in the house MOSTLY from the 2nd and 3rd floors, but implying that something was also found on the first floor (blood tracked by perp?). I find it hard to believe the roommate would have stepped into blood and tracked it back downstairs. I would think, just MOO, that she would have definitely avoided going near the blood, much less step into it. Just adding this in, but it seems to me that it’s highly unlikely that the perp didn’t know two people were downstairs, since he either knew them, or knew the house pretty well. The front of the house is pretty obviously 3 floors, with windows on the bottom floor that would show lights going off at bedtime, etc. I just can’t see the perp going in and thinking it only had two floors, or that the bottom floor had no bedrooms. All of this, MOO.

He responded: "I haven't heard that specific take"

Last night everyone was saying the roommate had fainted based on interpretations of what Snell was saying. Snell then clarifies for the reporter, "I haven't heard that specific take"

Someone may have already posted this explanation, but I think a lot of the confusion around ground/first/second/third floors is due to the fact that the US calls the floor that is on ground level the 1st floor, and the one above it the second floor, while in Europe the floor at ground level is called the ground floor and the one above it the 1st floor.

The house in question being built into a hill further confuses things, but in the US the level where the cars are parked = 1st floor, the level with the kitchen/patio = 2nd floor, and the top level with the balcony = 3rd floor. (In Europe it would be ground, 1st and 2nd).

The description of the 911 call in that Twitter account (unresponsive female was one of the surviving roommates who fainted, and the passerby/friend had not seen any of the victims) makes a lot of sense.
The in the video, the reporter asked the Communications Director for the Idaho State Police if the unresponsive female was one of the surviving roommates and he responded: "I haven't heard that take"

Xana loved her dog, Shoeshine, enjoyed EDM music, going to concerts, spending time with her friends and going on family trips with her sister and father. When she was little she loved spending time on her grandma and grandpa's farm and summers at the river.

Xana was someone who was loved dearly by her family, friends and classmates. She was a very positive and outgoing person who went out of her way to make everyone feel welcome.

I think they likely left voice messages.
I would think J would have shared them with K's family and LE.
K's family supports J 100%.

According to K's family, the calls were about dog custody issues.
The girls had been drinking and were acting silly,
At least that was my impression by what K's family was saying.

MOO...
I Just Wonder, If it Weren’t for K family supporting K’s ex b. f. So much and emphatic He wasn’t involved, He probably would be Suspect No 1 especially if he didn’t have A solid alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth